PDA

View Full Version : FAI rent-a-jet at EDDN

silverware
11th Dec 2009, 16:11
Hi,

I have a soccerteam buddy looking for work that i am trying to help.
(Learjet 60,f/o,37 years, total hours 4300
JAA ATPL)

He was interested in FAI because they operate a number of Lears and do "interesting" routes.

I did some searching on this forum, came across a few harsh comments....but not much more.
Can anyone with/without a grudge please pm me about the good,the bad and the ugly regarding working for this operator?
Thanks!

hisnamesake
11th Dec 2009, 16:44
Put it this way. The so called CP didnt answer emails when I needed something from him. One day if you work for them and the pay is late. Do you think they will reply to your request?

Common courtesy, or lack of it in this case, tells me a lot about the culture of a company. A culture of ignoring people. Ignorance....

silverware
12th Dec 2009, 13:18
Nobody works/worked for them?

Twin2040
12th Dec 2009, 13:40
Hi there - I applied a while ago as they where looking for Captains - acc. to the answer I got from HR, they where not looking - despite jobs offered on their homepage - strange !!!! Got another job now anyway.

Der_Fischmeister
13th Dec 2009, 18:17
Was a Freelance Pilot for them .
I can think of positive and negative things ,but I think this is subject to everybodys "Gusto".

Flew the 60ty there and it was nice flying ,lot of exotic Destinations.

Go there make your own picture.

One thing is fact ,they have an easy way of making Decisions since the People in charge are connecting easy together ,Short ways and thats why they expand and will grow .
That System I liked ,an offer was out to the Customer sent within minutes .....Thats what i call competitive.

If they need Freelancer again ,I would fly ...

it´s THE Fischmeister "!""

dubaiwilli
13th Dec 2009, 20:00
Try Silver Bird in Saarbruecken ! They even worse - hiring Gulfstream Line Training Captains and don t pay him and get another LTC because of lack of funds ..... guess .. until he needs his money.

silverware
17th Dec 2009, 20:03
Thanks everyone for the input.
I'll tell my teammate to approach them with caution as they seem to have a hard time to keep their promises.

lpokijuhyt
18th Dec 2009, 19:47
Heard from numerous of their pilots that their operation is a complete circus. (which airline isn't, right..?).

jetopa
21st Dec 2009, 20:17
If nobody is volunteering to share her/his experiences with FAI here, there must be a reason. I certainly can think of one or two...

You say something slightly critical about them, you'll have their attorneys on your tail pronto. That's the way they work.

You can figure out for yourselves how it may be like to actually be there and being dependent on this job. Not funny, sometimes.

I had my share of experience some time ago - enough said.

lpokijuhyt
21st Dec 2009, 20:21
Christ man...who runs this company, the Stasi?

hisnamesake
22nd Dec 2009, 00:17
Sums it up.

In these desperate times, people are driven by desperation to desperate actions, even if it means applying for a job, knowing full well the consequences, in spite of all the warnings.

silverware
22nd Dec 2009, 11:06
Guys, thanks for the input.
He actually received an offer from an Austrian operator last weekend.

With regard to FAI, i think there is some dirt to be found on this forum on roughly all biz operators when it comes to dodgy owners, crappy t&c's, late pay, neglecting dutytimes etc.
This business seems to be very much like Forrest Gump once quoted;"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get..."

Pittspilot
23rd Dec 2009, 06:17
Dear fellow pilots :ugh:,

I am some what puzzled about the level and direction of this discussion. Doing just 5 minutes of research you will find a company being in the market more than 20 years giving work AND salary to 40+ pilots, while operating 11 aircraft.
The private life of professionals, independent of their position should be their private business.
Which leads to the question, why it is discussed this way in a forum named “Professional Pilots…”.
Seems anybody outside seeks an advantage out of steering the mud.
For me, I have never been stationed in EDDN, rated Lear or in any connection with above company. I am just a guy who makes a living as a professional pilot and still remembers the attitude which used to be part of our profession.

Merry Christmas

Cecco
23rd Dec 2009, 07:32
Does silverbird still operate? I heard a rumour some months ago that they are out of money, now I see that their website silverbirdcharter.com has been down for some time (but then I heard the callsign "silverbird" about one week ago over Nigeria???)

Captain Kaboom
23rd Dec 2009, 09:30
Stay away as far as you can from Silverbird.

They refuse to pay their contract pilots,they try to negotiate their rate afterwards because you should have pity for them and fly as a Captain for a €200 a day!, which they probably also will not pay, I never got that low.

They contract you to be available, on standby, which in all honesty they paid the first 4 months but all at a sudden not for the last 4 months.

Standby duty is not work and therefore not compensated,they claim, EASA, JAR OPS, anyone regarding the subject...
So I couldn't operate for other companies ans should have been grateful that I was so lucky to be on standby for them?

They will not provide you with FOM's, SOP and such luxury items..

yes I am in court with them and I am not the only one I figured out.

:rolleyes:
Be careful CK

dubaiwilli
25th Dec 2009, 12:08
Dear All

here some facts of Silver Bird:

1. Never been really clear how is the owner and runs rhe company. Greeting from GB!
2. Silver Bird seems to be totally undercashed.
3. I can confirm that the statement regarding payments is 100 % correct and the truth.
4. Mr. P. D......er is sheeting everyone including his wi.....e.
5. I am wondering that still the owner aircrafts are still on silver bird s AOC and they are not scared to have them seized for some time.
6. I hope silver bird will find a investor soon so and all of us can start suing them for getting our money back for flying as a freelancer for them.
7. Silver Bird Call Sign over nigeria could be correct however i doubt that the operation of the LJ 60 is legal.

STAY AWAY THEY RUNNING OUT OF .......

His dudeness
26th Dec 2009, 16:00
Their Webpage (silverbirdcharter.com) seems to be down.

Dunno wether that means something, a guy on a german forum mentioned all their aircraft are up for sale. Lets hope for the colleagues there its just a rumour...

Itswindyout
27th Dec 2009, 06:55
Over christmas.

I had a call from an agency, was I available for a Italy Moscow trip.

This would suggest that someone was given leave.....

windy

CaptainProp
27th Dec 2009, 08:49
Silver Bird refocuses on the long haul (http://www.ebanmagazine.com/mag_story.html?ident=9462)

How times change....

Der_Fischmeister
27th Dec 2009, 10:37
Flight Directors Name I found on another Bizjet Operators webpage in the Area.