PDA

View Full Version : Air Malaysia Question

hoofie
11th Dec 2009, 02:37
I'm going Perth->KL->London on 28th Dec with Malaysia Airlines with about 2 hrs at KL. I've never travelled with them before so anything I should look out for or any hints for KL airport ?

Another bone question - We have a layover in heathrow of about 4 hours before we fly to Glasgow. Now I've done lots of transfers at Heathrow but they have always been BA. I presume I will clear Customs/Immigration at Term 4, collect bags, to to Term 5, check bags in for BA flight to Glasgow ?

Ta very much in advance

One Outsider
11th Dec 2009, 03:15
Who's Air Malaysia? Is it a new company?

OverRun
11th Dec 2009, 03:22
Don't use your credit card in KL. Or you'll get a call from the Bank canceling it :{.

And if you get served satay sticks on the plane, they are the signature disk of Malaysian Airlines and are delicious :ok:

hoofie
11th Dec 2009, 03:29
Sorry, should be Malaysia Airlines

Andy_S
11th Dec 2009, 10:51
They're a good airline and you should be comfortable flying with them. I assume you're flying economy, in which case the legroom is amongst the most generous in the industry. IFE is excellent - seatback screen with large range of films and programs available on demand as well as Nintendo type games. Service is pretty good as well - you'll get well fed and watered.

Regarding K-L airport, you'll be arriving and leaving at the same terminal so it will be a hassle free experience. It's a modern and pleasant terminal if somewhat short on things to do. There are shops and food outlets in the central area of the terminal, but with just a couple of hours between flights you might just as well make your way to your departure gate and make yourself comfortable.

Enjoy your flight.

Solar
12th Dec 2009, 01:30
More or less what Andy S has said but forget about having more than a couple of beers in KLIA (KL airport) the price is somewhat extravagant.
With only two hours to kill you could take the Aerotrain over to the other terminal though there isn't much more to do there. The airport is clean but somewhat clinical.

The airport is a considerable distance from KL though there is a very efficient KILA Express train from the airport to the city centre (KL Central) if you ever get a chance to stop over and it only takes 28 minutes each way as you are constantly reminded.

timmyneedham
14th Dec 2009, 10:14
...or you could amble upstairs to the lounge and have a massage. costs a few pounds to get in but we found it invaluable on way back from DPS to LHR. Food was good too and you could have a shower. Not sure I agree about legroom though. When we flew MH, plane was quite old and seats were not comfortable. Service from CC was really good though. You really felt looked after.

TN

Andy_S
14th Dec 2009, 11:27
...or you could amble upstairs to the lounge and have a massage. costs a few pounds to get in but we found it invaluable on way back from DPS to LHR.

I presume you're talking about the Plaza Premium Lounge on the mezzanine level of the international terminal? It actually costs about £ 15 per person. It's OK - free snack type food and drink, internet access, showers - but you would have to think about whether it was really worth it for two hours.