PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 777 Structural Layout

Decor58
10th Dec 2009, 00:37
Hi all,

I'm new here so will introduce my self first. I'm Rob an aeronautical engineering student at loughborough university, was referred here by one of your numbers from another forum for a little help if possible.

I'm currently writing a report on the structural design of the Boeing 777 series and I'm struggling for sources of information on the more detailed side, such as the frame and longeron designs etc.

I've found the copy of flight international that has quite a bit of information on the layout and configuration as well as a couple of sites on the internet. However what I could really do with is detailed information on actually structural members and how they're joined if possible.

If anyone could refer me to a place where I could get this sort of information that would be brilliant.

Thanks for your time, any help is very much appreciated
Rob

rmm
10th Dec 2009, 03:57
To get that sort of information you would need to work for Boeing or know someone working for an airline who'd be willing to pass the stuff onto you.

Some people around here trade manuals that would help you, specifically one known as the SRM (structural repair manual).

Joints are usually held together with different types of fasteners - rivets, bolts, screws hi-loks etc.

Cheers,
Rmm

LME (GOD)
10th Dec 2009, 07:16
Hi Rob,
PM me and i'll try and get you what you need!:ok:

Decor58
10th Dec 2009, 11:54
Hmm maybe I should have picked a better aircraft...I know people doing ones like the B707 have found loads of this sort of information. To late to swap now though, I'll just go for whatever information is avaliable, they can't expect much more than that.

Guessing you can't get a SRM online then? :hmm:

fescalised portion
10th Dec 2009, 15:08
"Hi Rob,
PM me and i'll try and get you what you need!"

Paul

Don't let the boss find out though......

Decor58
10th Dec 2009, 18:30
lol I don't want to get anyone in trouble

Would probably get rather a good mark for the assignment if I had info even the lecture didnt tho!

BigJoeRice
10th Dec 2009, 20:37
Hi Rob,

This disclaimer suggests they don't want all and sundry accessing and using their proprietary data. If you can't get the info from other sources, perhaps you could plead your case to Boeing at the address provided and see if they will help.

777-200
Structural Repair Manual
The Boeing Company
BOEING PROPRIETARY, CONFIDENTIAL, AND/OR TRADE SECRET
Copyright # 1993 The Boeing Company
Unpublished Work - All Rights Reserved
Boeing claims copyright in each page of this document only to the extent that the page contains copyrightable subject matter. Boeing also claims copyright in this document as a compilation and/or collective work. This document includes proprietary information owned by The Boeing Company and/or one or more third
parties. Treatment of the document and the information it contains is governed by contract with Boeing. For more information, contact The Boeing Company, P.O. Box 3707, Seattle, Washington 98124.
Boeing, the Boeing signature, the Boeing symbol, 707, 717, 727, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, BBJ, DC-8, DC-9, DC-10, MD-10, MD-11, MD-80, MD-88, MD-90, and the red-white-and-blue Boeing livery are all trademarks owned by The Boeing Company; and no trademark license is granted in connection with this document unless provided in writing by Boeing.
DOCUMENT D634W201
ORIGINAL ISSUE DATE: AUGUST 1, 1994
PUBLISHED BY BOEING COMMERCIAL AIRPLANES GROUP, SEATTLE, WASHINGTON, USA
A DIVISION OF THE BOEING COMPANY
PAGE DATE: May 15/2006

Decor58
10th Dec 2009, 21:57
OK thanks Joe, I don't have time to apply to boeing unfortunately though, thanks for the information though :) wish I'd started this sooner, though I'm not sure they would let me have a copy for an undergraduate's report, would be great if they did

The module is called Aircraft Loading and Structural Airworthiness Ian.