PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Sky Aviation Ltd

Captain Earle
9th Dec 2009, 14:10
Just did a credit check on Ocean Sky Aviation Ltd to find out that they are in receivership, does anyone know if this is their broker arm or their operator arm or both?

Monkey Boy
9th Dec 2009, 14:41
Interesting - this is news to me! Everything's fine in both departments. Why do you ask?

asdf1234
9th Dec 2009, 14:52
There are many different companies under the Ocean Sky banner. Didn't they start registering aircraft under Ocean Sky (UK) Limited a while back?

Captain Earle
9th Dec 2009, 14:58
Well I can only tell you what is registered at Companies House!

Monkey Boy
9th Dec 2009, 15:08
As I said earlier - everything's fine. But thank you for asking. Why the interest in Ocean Sky?

Captain Earle
9th Dec 2009, 15:55
So its not true then?

Monkey Boy
9th Dec 2009, 15:56
Which part of "everything's fine" are you having trouble with?

Perhaps you'd like to tell us why your looking up Ocean Sky at Companies House and maybe I could be of further assistance.

LGW Vulture
9th Dec 2009, 15:57
A company in receivership - an aircraft impounded in Manchester a little while back. How is everything fine? Do tell. :uhoh:

Monkey Boy
9th Dec 2009, 16:02
Trust me - everything's fine. I'm certain Captain Earle has an agenda.

Privet
9th Dec 2009, 16:05
Perhaps looking at the accounts for comedy value:)

Captain Earle
9th Dec 2009, 16:09
Sorry didn't mean to offend, well obviously someone has got it wrong, must be companies house I guess!

Cyberdragon
9th Dec 2009, 20:20
Monkey Boy don't be fooled as it is often the employee's who are the last to hear the truth. However you're a broker me thinks so your division is probably alright.

Chippie Chappie
10th Dec 2009, 05:43
WebCHeck - Select Search Results (http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/67d8226f2ac4d926d272953c4d73c94a/companysearch?disp=1&frfsh=1260426172#result)

Maybe so, but there are quite a few "Ocean Sky" companies listed on the Companies House website which are still operating. A company is really just a lot of paperwork in a filing cabinet. Companies are created and dissolved, often with little or no change in the material world. To keep everyone guessing, money is often moved from company to company for "financial" reasons. In the past, I've receive a payslip from one company one month, and a different company the next. Not a big deal in itself and often just a legal form of tax avoidance (which is legal as opposed to tax evasion which is illegal).

BUT.... Monkey Boy, you might have just as well thrown a bucket of petrol on a small flame, threatening to cause something to burn out of control. You came across as being OVERLY defensive. If you know something, now's the time to 'fess up.

Jet Babe
10th Dec 2009, 07:57
Receivers required?

Accounts not filed on time?

Chief Executive ousted?

Certainly looks like everything is fine ?!?!?

Monkey Boy's location says "in a world of my own" - How appropriate!

Monkey Boy
10th Dec 2009, 08:11
BUT.... Monkey Boy, you might have just as well thrown a bucket of petrol on a small flame, threatening to cause something to burn out of control. You came across as being OVERLY defensive. If you know something, now's the time to 'fess up.

You're all correct of course - you all know far more than me, obviously :rolleyes:

LGW Vulture
10th Dec 2009, 08:17
So Monkey, I presume someone has stepped in to save this entity then? Things were certainly looking grim a few weeks ago!

MLT
10th Dec 2009, 10:45
In today's Flight International:

Ocean Sky maps European expansion strategy (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/12/10/335979/ocean-sky-maps-european-expansion-strategy.html)

MLT

His dudeness
10th Dec 2009, 11:18
"We plan to take the company to the next level."

Which will mean even higher handling fees at MAN. As a 4 times a year MAN man I donīt like these news.

Hope there is a competitor some time. (fortunately there is a choice at Luton)

"The downturn has given us the opportunity us to offer a full range of services for our customers and we hope to be one of the leading names in each of the categories."

Eerrm, am I the only one finding it odd that only the downturn has given them the opportunity? Does that mean they did not offer the full range of services before?

I hate this marketing speech stuff.

Captain Earle
10th Dec 2009, 11:34
Well its all very strange, maybe its a different company because according to the records Ocean Sky Aviation Ltd is in receivership.

WebCHeck - Select Search Results (http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/300116d12f121dc87b4e15f897554e09/companysearch?disp=1&frfsh=1260448043#result)

cleo
10th Dec 2009, 12:42
There's also a choice at Prestwick :D

CheckGear
11th Dec 2009, 10:06
There`s also a choice at Manchester called Premier Handling. One assumes you`ll be using them from now on.

Monkey Boy
11th Dec 2009, 10:41
I shouldn't think Captain Earle will be making too many decisions on handling. He runs a small brokerage in Faversham (I won't mention his name as I wouldn't want to embarrass him) and his posts here are a very clumsy attempt at trying to steal clients from us by trying to show how unsteady he perceives Ocean Sky to be. No doubt he'll be showing this thread to clients too! He's employed a broker who used to work at O/S until he was released from his duties and I sense they're trying to find a way around the non-compete clause, hence the constant references to "Aviation".

Clearly been very, very quiet in Kent lately......

Captain Earle
11th Dec 2009, 14:29
Sorry don't know who you are referring to, I was only asking a question and obviously you don't want to give me a straight answer.

CheckGear
11th Dec 2009, 15:17
Captain Earle, Monkey stated in posts 2,5,7,+ 9 that all is well with Ocean Sky. This is a direct answer to your initial question. If its not the answer you wanted then that is unfortunate but an answer none the less.

Monkey Boy
11th Dec 2009, 17:11
Sorry don't know who you are referring to

Aww, come on Mr. C, you've been quite creative up until now. Let me offer you the evidence:

Firstly - your middle name's Earle isn't it? So Captain Earle would be a logical choice of name.
Secondly - your location in UAE. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you split your time between the UK and the UAE.
Finally, and perhaps most telling of all - we received a call from someone in your office at 0845 on the 9th December asking exactly the same question that you made in your first glorious post with some 7 hours later (almost word for word). He received the same answer as we're giving you. :=

I could go on...........:rolleyes:

asdf1234
11th Dec 2009, 18:57
Monkey boy, if Capt. Earle is causing mischief then I'm all for you outing him. However, I took a call from a client last week asking if the rumours about O/S being in trouble were true. I don't think it is just Capt. Earle spreading the bad word about. Maybe an explanation about the "receivership" will put this one to bed once and for all?

Monkey Boy
12th Dec 2009, 10:31
There always has been and always will be gossip about Ocean Sky, I'm afraid. I'm sure you'll understand that I'm not going to post sensitive information on a public forum, however, like most companies lately there has been a re-structuring within the group. The Brokerage and Charter Sales are both still trading happily within that group, which is what Captain Earle is concerned about, bless him.

Captain Earle has always had a dislike against Ocean Sky, he has just employed someone who was recently dismissed from here. Two people working together with a grudge. It's all school boy stuff. We're flattered by the attention but as I said earlier - it must be very,very quiet (or desperate) in the office at Faversham for him to resort to these sort of tactics. I would suggest that maybe he and his new charge should spend a little less time worrying about Ocean Sky and a little more time worrying about their own business.

I took a call from a client last week asking if the rumours about O/S being in trouble were true.

People can always ask us direct - we don't bite! If I wanted to know how well Tesco's are doing, I wouldn't ask at Sainsbury's!

off watch
12th Dec 2009, 17:27
Monkey Boy
I wonder if the County Court Judgement debts I posted about earlier this year have anything to do with this "receivership" question ?
No doubt the Brokerage and Charter Sales are both still trading happily within the group but I see a parallel here with National Express. They lost the East Coast Main Line route with a Ģ1.4 billion debt but they're still working NE East Anglia & C2C ok ( well, not for long if Lord Adonis gets his way !).
You say "there has been a re-structuring within the group" - is receivership & having aircraft impounded really the way to inspire shareholder confidence ?

learjet50
13th Dec 2009, 21:38
re Ocean Sky

I Totally agree with Monkey Boy

There are lots of Anti OCS people who are always posting syaing they are about to go under

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY

OCS are a good well run company they have lots of nice people who work for them and support them (BY THE WAY I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM)

Would all the Anti OCS people cme out of the Woodwork and Identify themselves abd state fact not Hanger gossip they heard in a Toilet at Gatwick Airport

If you Post/Knock OCS Please state

A/Full Name and where u have got the info from you are posting and stop hiding behind the scenes

There will regretablly be people who post Crap on this Site buts lets stop and post the truth not rumors

Regards

Gerry O Neill (full Correct Name )

ex Northern Executive Aviation 1972-2007

STOP THE OCS KNOCKING AND PICK ON SOMEONE ELSE YOU DONT LIKE

Goodnight

P S

Joe won X Factor Tonight (Are we intrested)

Hankers
14th Dec 2009, 11:05
Monkey Boy

I'm probably going to get jumped on here but i was just wondering how you can releive someone of their duties (ie sack them) and then impose a non compete clause? Also do OCS still have the G550, it says on the website they are looking for 450 drivers. Just curious

12Watt Tim
14th Dec 2009, 15:55
Reading this thread alone, with no other perspective than a potential customer for handling services, it strikes me that Captain Earle's responses are not unreasonable.

It does appear that an Ocean Sky company is in receivership. Companies do restructure to shed debts, leaving creditors out of pocket but keeping the name, with slight changes, for brand recognition. If that is the case anyone considering doing business with that company should be wary. If there is, on the other had, a legitimate reason for the receivership then someone as well-informed as monkey boy must know it (if he doesn't then his reassurances are worth little), yet he has not given any explanation. Surely if he wishes to reassure people and contradict Capt Earle the onus is on monkey boy to either say that there is no company in receivership or give a good reason for the receivership and assurance that the company had no debts when it went under.

If monkey boy does so, rather than becoming defensive, this whole thread will die satisfied.

I have nothing against Ocean Sky. The company I flew with used them (although not on my flights) and their services were perfectly satisfactory, and I don't know anything about them beyond what is written here and a couple of the locations they work. My comments are wholly about the run of this thread.

Jet Babe
14th Dec 2009, 18:55
Nicely put 12Watt Tim.

It will be interesting to read the reply.

jetjock1
14th Dec 2009, 19:41
Hi Gerry

Wish you and your lot were still there - you ran a good tight ship :D

Monkey Boy
15th Dec 2009, 15:52
Further to recent posts I can confirm that Ocean Sky Aviation Ltd is still trading. The current status on Companies House is showing:

Live but Receiver Manager on at least one charge

However, this will soon be amended. Unfortunately, the updating of this site is not something we have any control over therefore it could take a day, a week or a month - I have no idea. The important thing is that the company is solvent and there are no significant outstanding debts.

I know that this information won't be enought to satisfy everyone, but as I've already stated here, I'm not going to post sensitive company information on a public forum. However, if you have a genuine concern you can PM me with your name, business address and contact number (so I can verify who you are) and I will be happy to discuss matters further if appropriate to do so.

learjet50
15th Dec 2009, 19:30
Well Said Monkey Boy

Will be intresting to see how many of these Behind the Closet door Morons contact you for details

Lets hope they crawl back under there stone and find somebody else to Call and spread rumors about

Best of luck to all at OCS and lets hope the Morons go away

Regards

Gerry O Neill

LGW Vulture
15th Dec 2009, 22:49
Do you think the Old Boy Network will save OCS then Lear50?

Thatīs a piss poor argument just because you know the folks who work there. Maybe if you knew what was really going on you could provide some substance.

Waiting.......:rolleyes:

learjet50
16th Dec 2009, 15:17
LGW Vulture

Thank you for your post

I do know lots of the people at OCS and no I dont truthfully know whats going on but I would be saddened if the company for whatever reson went under..

I left about 2 years ago and I am really not in touch I Think I have been back twice to see the People working there still

If you want to PM me with the truth please feel free to do so but please be rest assured I only state what I see and know about OCS

Life is to short to make enemies and at 60 I have no intention of starting now

Whilst I know there must be underlying things which you may know I only re itterate what I Know

Please excuse the spelling/Grammer it was never my strong subject

Regards

Gerry O Neill

Monkey Boy
23rd Dec 2009, 19:25
Seeing as Captain Earle's credit checking service has gone as quiet as his brokerage, it seems that he's left it to me to point out that the entry in Companies House has now been amended and that Ocean Sky Aviation is no longer shown as being in receivership.

Captain Earle Wrote:
well obviously someone has got it wrong, must be companies house I guess!

I guess you were right! I'd like to thank you Hugh for drawing it to our attention, I really hope I can do the same for you sometime soon, and thanks also for the boost you've given to our Google rating - very generous. I hope things get better for you in 2010 :ok:

Gerry - thanks for your support too, good man!

12Watt Tim
23rd Dec 2009, 22:07
That sounds satisfactory, but I can't help thinking that a less confrontational response in the beginning might have meant a shorter thread.

Monkey Boy
24th Dec 2009, 08:51
Perhaps - but then had Captain Earle listened to what we said to his member of staff during the phone call he made to us there would be no need for the thread at all.

Perhaps you don't know who he is and what his motives are for starting this thread - I do! :=

When someone deliberately tries to put jobs at risk I will be defensive, wouldn't you? I like the company I work for, I wonder if any of Captain Earle's staff would be so eager to defend him? :rolleyes:

pabely
5th Jan 2010, 15:37
Media machine working again....Ocean Sky Goes for European Growth in 2010 (http://www.theopenpress.com/index.php?a=press&id=64567)
Still onwards and upwards...

pabely
6th May 2010, 09:58
Ocean Sky released another press release yesterday on their own web site which shows growth in Italy and Spain along with the Luton expansion detailed already on the Luton thread.
I wonder if the doubling of apron space at Luton is due the stands directly in front of the hanger 7/8 or they have also taken to leasing more of the South Stands, either way it must be a reduction in available stands for airliners where it has been reported that Wizzair are starting night stopping.
Might be interesting if Ocean Sky max their new reported capacity of 20 aircraft.