PDA

View Full Version : base training B737 NG

cupoftea
8th Dec 2009, 19:23
Dear collegues,

I have done a JAA B737NG Typerating and need to do the Base training.
Where would this be possible for a decent price?

Please let me know the company and price. Really appreciated.

Reg. COT

fivegreenlight
8th Dec 2009, 19:39
and are you then going to pay someone to let you fly it on the line:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Love_joy
8th Dec 2009, 19:48
1 x hour in the circuit, plus possible positioning time, aircraft hire and an approved training capt...

I'd hate to think! If you're in the UK - maybe Astraeus... or even Ryanair?

Good luck! And please post back once you get it done.

Kirks gusset
8th Dec 2009, 19:57
If you did the type rating at a JAA TRTO they must have arrangements for base training if required, it is part of the approval process, ask your TRTO, I doubt you will get anyone to just do base training having not done your sim.

cupoftea
8th Dec 2009, 20:07
Yes Kirk, they let you sort it out yourself but they give a suggestion, which is a partner company, which then turns out very expensive.

5 green light, I am afraid this is the way it is nowadays, I have always sworn I would not do this either

I have accepted to pay but do not want to be ripped off

cupoftea
8th Dec 2009, 20:10
I also understand that you can do your basecheck on a classic, allthough you have done a NG sim. perhaps not wise, but legally acceptable to authorities and no conversion course needed.

But perhaps a TRE can shine a light on this

8th Dec 2009, 20:16
Hmmm sounds like the man from the chipshop in Cardiff again.
Still, think he has far bigger problems on his plate right now!

beachbumflyer
8th Dec 2009, 20:21
Are you going to pay to work, too?
I know, nowadays integrity and dignity are very low.

8th Dec 2009, 20:21
Cupoftea, Best of Luck though!

cupoftea
8th Dec 2009, 20:55
I was afraid the discussion would turn into this...........

beachbum, things are easy to judge from behind your laptop, but you do not have the facts.

I had recently been layed off after rumbling allong on Turboprops for the last 15 years, having seen most of the world but increasingly spending more time abroad and away from the family.

So prefer to have something more comfortable, closer to home, so I am able to see the kids abit more.

Having several typerating been paid by employers, as it should be, unfortunately those times are over. I can wait and sit at home for the job to come by or spend a bit of money and take control of the situation.

I see it as an investment, and no, I am not going to pay for the linetraining.but 737 aircraft are plenty and jobs are available

And allthough this probably means i have to start on the right seat again after 8 years of absence, for a small paycheck so be it.

At least I will spent more time at home, which is worth more than a few bucks

so now you know the story.judge as you like

shaun ryder
8th Dec 2009, 20:59
And from me, worst of luck. You do realise that your chances of employment will be absolutely jack s***. Pay to fly scum have infested my workplace whilst we are all on 90 days. Prepare to be treated with contempt by myself and many of my honorable colleagues in your future career and thats if you are lucky!

May your precious type rating on the NG come to bite you in the arse one day.

mona lot
8th Dec 2009, 21:06
cupoftea, for the RIGHT price, I can lease you a 737 and a training captain for a very good rate:ok:

Other training courses I can offer;

line training prep
line training
line flying prep
line flying
line check prep
line check
OPC prep
OPC
LPC prep
LPC
command assessment prep
command assessment
command course
command hours
TRI assessment
TRI prep
TRI course
TRI check
TRE assesement
TRE prep
TRE course
TRE check
and anything else you can think of:ugh:

also, for the right price you can shag my girlfried, no prep required:ok:

If you've got the money I can help:ok:

Kirks gusset
8th Dec 2009, 21:07
If you do the sim on the classic, the base training on the classic then do a NG diffs course, you get 737 300-900 on the ticket.

If you did all NG sim, you will need to do an NG to classic diffs course.

Usually TRTOs that " leave you to sort it out" are selling courses cheap and the sting in the tail, as you will find, will be the base training.

As a guide, you will need 6 landings and I would budget for 1 hr in the A/c, between 6 and 8000 euro.

Try Sabenavita at Vilnius, speak to Darius:

Good luck

EGCC4284
8th Dec 2009, 21:29
Hello cuppa

ref

but 737 aircraft are plenty and jobs are available

???

I am not so sure. I have 1700 hours total, 1300 of those on the 737 split 50/50 between Classic and NG.

I an going to be told in the next couple of days that me and about 120 others are to be made redundant from a UK Charter Airline.

I have been looking for 737 jobs for the last 3 months, and there aren't any for First Officers. Is it 8 years since you last flew for a living?

Turkest Airlines are looking for 737NG direct entry captains

You may be lucky????? and get into Ryan direct entry if your last job was in command???

Fly Better!
8th Dec 2009, 21:55
I have to admit I have just skimmed this thread as I am off out, but I would have thought the last thing the UK needs right now is another 737 pilot looking for a job.

There are going to be plenty from Thomson and BMI. Good luck.

cupoftea
8th Dec 2009, 22:13
Shaun Ryder, that was not a very kind post.

I understand your frustation but I do not think I am competition for you as I have no intention to fly in the UK.

But why this hardship. We all do what we can to get a job.Did I critisize you for the flight school you payed to get your first job? perhaps you spend more money than someone else could to be at flight school x that had good connections. Was that unfair to your collegues?Did the other wish you bad for that?

Grow up. I have flown long enough to be layed off a few times and things were different 20 years ago but I did not have a mobile phone either in those days.You were probably to young to remember that.

Nowadays it is like this, I would have rather spent my money different as well, but so be it. You can sit and whine at home or do something about it. It is your choice.

JAR
9th Dec 2009, 10:00
Do you have sufficient experience to do Zero Flight Time in a simulator? ie circuits in the sim

BALLSOUT
9th Dec 2009, 13:22
Cuppa, If I were you, I wouldn't get the type rating just now. I would suggest you make it clear to prospective employers that you have the cash, and are willing to pay for a type rating, should they be willing to offer you a position with them. If they then give you a job, they can take your money and train you up. You also keep your options open for a number of types.

ei-flyer
9th Dec 2009, 13:37
wow, talk about a workforce turning on themselves when times are bad...

shaun, funny how i highly doubt you'd be caught dead saying that to the gentleman's face. i know you'd be in receipt of a smash to the chops if you did to me mate!

some people need to grow up. times have changed for better or for worse, get over it.

macdo
9th Dec 2009, 13:37
honest to god, COT, if youv'e been in this industry as long as you say, you'd have kept your head down in the tp world and waited for better times. Good luck anyway!:cool:

shaun ryder
9th Dec 2009, 15:25
Oh really...

Well thats me told then I guess. I think if you did young man it would be a quick march down to the police station for you and the loss of an airside pass.

Not a good career move. Now who really needs to grow up? Batting silly little statements around like that is not conducive of being a grown up airline pilot now is it? :rolleyes:

Van G
9th Dec 2009, 18:00
but 737 aircraft are plenty and jobs are available

I have 500 on type and can't get a sniff of anything at the moment.

Plenty of people looking for work at the moment with 1000's hours on type and the queue is sadly about to get longer with redundancies at bmi baby and thomson.

I don't think the rating is going to add much to your CV at the moment. Even if you wanted in at Ryanair as an FO they would expect you to pay for the rating again via their training scheme.

Sorry, but there really aren't plenty of jobs on the 737 at the moment if you have no hours on it.

cupoftea
9th Dec 2009, 18:43
Interesting, but not surprising, to see where this thread is heading.
But that was not my goal.

Downturns are times of hardship, but also of opportunities.

I could imagine that companies need to increase the utility of their aircraft at these difficult times and are willing to supply basetraining at a competitive price to get their overhead costs down.

That was my question.

The job is stage two but the first signs are encouraging.

Companies are still hiring but are increasing their min requirements as can be expected.

Total time on type is not the only factor.

It also helps if you speak 4 or 5 languages fluently, something many brits(no offence) are rarely good in, but european companies often require.

This is the third downturn I am in but it always moved up again before and the sky will get Blue again

Thanks for the the PM so far

COT

Van G
9th Dec 2009, 19:05
I wasn't having a dig at you, just responding to something you said and offering you my experience of looking for work with a 73 rating plus hours.

Bonne chance.

beachbumflyer
9th Dec 2009, 20:53
cupoftea,

Why do you think those times are unfortunately over? Beacause of all the guys selling themselves cheaply and willing to pay for everything as long as they got a job. Those very same guys are the ones that kept rumbling along on turboprops for the last 15 years. And now your are going to do the same. If people keep doing this things are going to keep getting worse. Don't you see it?

shaun ryder
10th Dec 2009, 05:23
Dear oh dear there are a few tears being shed over this one. All I did was express my displeasure at the fact that another muppet is selling himself out to a ruthless training establishment, handing over probably tens of thousands for a useless rating on the wild speculation of getting a job out of it. In the meantime this is wrecking our industry with the excuse that this is the way it is so roll over and get ******!

You want to know where I came from eh? Sorry to dissapoint but I have not just crawled out of my daddies arse. Started working at 16, ex CPL/IR instructor & charter two kids and a very demanding wife. So you can bin the wet behind the ear wannabe theory.

747JJ
10th Dec 2009, 10:11
Now boys and gals. Be nice instead being such tosspots. You are like a pack of hyenas eating eachothers guts out. Sorry to say but this seems to be standard PPRUNE SOP these days though.

Cupoftea asked a simple question: Where can one do a base check on a 737NG.

This thread has creeped to the morals of buying ratings or training. Remember there is one thing money cannot buy and that is experience.

Lets see if I can answer the question first posted?

Cupoftea: Try Astraeus and Primera. You could also approach Pegasus in Turkey or Transavia in Netherlands. Also Bluebird cargo could probably help you but they operate the -300's.

act700
10th Dec 2009, 13:26
747JJ, you're right. COT asked a simple question, and the simple answer should have been:
@ the airline that hired and trained you!

The really ironic thing is, that all you pay for (insert whatever it is you paid for) wonders then complain about how crappy the industry is, and how airline management are scum?!

Whatever happened to paying your dues and climbing the ladder??

Shaun Ryder, what's the point of getting upset about these people? :mad:'em!

WindSheer
10th Dec 2009, 19:44
Shaun Ryder, don't be such an arse.

I have every sympathy for your impending redundancy, but don't blame the 'scum' for doing exactly what you would have done had it been around then.

Blame the 'scum' at the top, raking in the bonuses.....

shaun ryder
10th Dec 2009, 20:51
Trouble is windsheer I would not do it, I m too tight!

Shaman
10th Dec 2009, 21:32
So, what's the answer for three take offs and landings on an actual a/c?

£1,000 or £2,000 or..............

latetonite
11th Dec 2009, 14:42
I do not see what is the advantage of paying for your circuits. Any airline who wants to hire you will put you through their training anyway. Having done base training somewhere else will not put you on top af any list. Or do you want the rating on your private pilot`s license maybe?

Kirks gusset
11th Dec 2009, 16:44
Without the 6 take off and landing, 4 for the second type, or ZFT if you qualify, you cannot endorse the rating on the licence and hence you are not type rated! Airlines may put people through more sim if they arrive type rated, but not base training. The flying bit is the Line Training. Its about 6000 euro an hour on the a/c, you should get 6 take offs and landings in 45 mins.

act700
11th Dec 2009, 20:06
Shaun Ryder, don't be such an arse.

I have every sympathy for your impending redundancy, but don't blame the 'scum' for doing exactly what you would have done had it been around then.

Blame the 'scum' at the top, raking in the bonuses.....

Windsheer,

I can't speak for others (although I'm certain there are tons of old schoolers out there that think/feel alike), but I for one chose not to do this then, and won't do it now!
"It" was around then, as "it" is around now, which we obviously already know.
So I'd say, be careful not to speak for others with certainty.

Further, I do realize that if I did "it", I'd probably not be in this :mad: position I'm in now, but no matter what, that is the way it's going to be.

Unfortunately, the "old school" mentality is dying...funny, so is good ol' stick'n'rudder airmanship!?

toto78
19th Jul 2010, 13:23
Highly recommend Sabenavita in Vilnius once again!!!!

victorc10
21st Jul 2010, 09:19
Good luck to you cupoftea, don't listen to the opinionated and angry people who like to shoot everyone down for no reason except that they have grossly outsized opinions of their own importance. Stuck in the past and unable to adapt.....poor airmanship if you ask me.

josmison
21st Jul 2010, 10:35
Guys

wasn't it that if you do your training in a level D sim you don't need base training

?

the market saturation for 737 co pilots is it a UK or an european thing
or worldwide ?
cause Korean air is looking for 737 NG pilots

eagerbeaver1
22nd Jul 2010, 07:26
Shaun Ryder

I think we will find looking back through time that the world has always been the same.

A person who pays to fly (as you call it) is not responsible for your current predicament in any way. The hundreds of cadets I work with have not jeopardised my employment.

I was made redundant some years ago now when I had a type rating but no experience - I picked myself up. I sort of know how you feel (I had no family to support).

There is so much wrong with professional aviation i am stunned - hence I am making my way out.

I will advertise my job here forthwith....

Mr Ryder - try not to wind yourself up too much, it will only make you ill.

take care