PDA

View Full Version : Socotra, Yemen (SCT)

500 above
8th Dec 2009, 11:57
Hi chaps

Have the dubious pleasure of Christmas and new year here. Anybody been there? Looking for any information as to what is there to do etc.

Much appreciated

beachman
8th Dec 2009, 12:17
Was there some years ago, and certainly not a typical Christmas destination; but have a look at this....

Dark Roasted Blend: The Most Alien-Looking Place on Earth (http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/09/most-alien-looking-place-on-earth.html)

Amazing.

BM

ab33t
8th Dec 2009, 14:41
Good link I always thought this place to be desolate and devoid of any attraction .WOW

hetfield
8th Dec 2009, 19:46
I have been there many times. Did x-country trips with a 4wheeler and guide. Very impressive! Well, I would say, after 31 years of flying worldwide, it's the most impressive country I (!) have seen.

Good Luck
:ok:

INNflight
8th Dec 2009, 22:22
Just wanted to say, always fancied going there....awesome patch of land on this planet.

Not many places left which are that beautiful and that remote!

500 above
11th Dec 2009, 11:52
Thanks for the information guys. Will let you know how it went upon return.

Regards.

ochac
14th Dec 2009, 05:56
Hi
Dont expect much in the way of Hotels none are good. Food also a problem and very little english spoken. Internet not readily available No Fuel Jet A1 or Avgas and no Cell Phone coverage. People hoever very friendly and unspoilt. Good diving if you are into that.