PDA

View Full Version : Companion Jumpseat Travel

1200firm
8th Dec 2009, 09:51
Did you know? Travel Companions are no longer entitled to request or fly on the B744 80K JS on ULH flights. This little Vol 1 amendment slipped in below the radar a few months ago. The Captain of the flight can put any staff from any country's husband/wife/father/mother/son/daughter on the JS but not his own Travel Companion. A nice little kick-in-the-teeth for unmarried officers.

routetuner
8th Dec 2009, 10:09
I understand your concern,1200, however a number of our F/A's sell their 'companoins travel ' to the highest bidder and who knows who 'they' are and that seat is the closest to the cockpit and could be used to get into the cockpit. The seat has obviously been seen as a threat to the cockpit and the aircraft. I agree with the policy. It was always a worry to me.

M89speedtouch
8th Dec 2009, 11:12
the Flight Crew Rest Seat 80K may be sold as a revenue seat after all other Business Class seats have been sold. A fare paying passenger may specifically request to occupy the vacant seat.

What's the security argument again routetuner?

crwjerk
8th Dec 2009, 14:40
Well there should still be some common sense applied to this rule, if it is your own companion and not someone else's whom you do not know.

Sand Man
8th Dec 2009, 17:58
Agree with M89speedtouch, what is the difference between the F/A selling the seat to a companion traveler or a travel agent in who knows where selling a business ticket???