PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Degree / ATPL exams reduction

turbine100
7th Dec 2009, 13:46
Does anyone know of any aviation related degree courses that give a reduction if you have completed the ATPL exams in the UK or Ireland?

Genghis the Engineer
7th Dec 2009, 14:00
I don't think that such a reduction exists anywhere, although a few may accept ATPL as part of the entry requirements.

G

annita
7th Dec 2009, 17:10
I have two degrees in aviation and a Part-66 EASA plus type ratings on Airbus and a few other types but I am still taking everything from the start,I asked CAA and they said I need to take all the exams.

Humberprop
7th Dec 2009, 17:49
I don't think anyone can get exemptions from the exams except some military flyers. Where you may get an exemption is from attending or partaking in some parts of the ATPL course with a provider such as Bristol Groundschool. Such as progress tests and attending brush up courses etc. This could be just as valuable at saving you time and money.

turbine100
7th Dec 2009, 19:53
Sorry I didn't state the question well.

let me try again :)

I already have the ATPL exams done and dusted from a few years back and I now want to do a aviation related degree. I understand some universities / colleges shorten the length of the course or grant some exemptions perhaps if you have sat ATPL exams.

So I am trying to find out which universities / colleges in the UK and Ireland offer any course reductions.

Groundloop
8th Dec 2009, 08:18
At City University, as the ATPL comprises the whole of the second year of the course, it is possible for an ATPL holder to take the first year and progress directly to the third year.