PDA

View Full Version : Are we really being serious?

CleanAirTurbulence
20th Sep 2001, 14:52
All of the bluster in the UK and US presses about action against terrorism has left me in a quandry about how determined our leaders are about "walking the walk" The bumbling ineptitude of this administration does not lead me to think that they are going to free up some cash to replenish some of the services' deficiencies. With the regards to the defense of London / UK, are we going to be asked to stand on buildings and throw stones at unfriendly A/C and missiles?

I saw in the press that special branch have apprehended an illigal immigrant who is a known terrorist and who was operating out of London. Apparantly an illigal immigrant and known terrorist qualifies for legal aid under EEC law. I wonder if I would qualify if I was in a fix?

Also there was a situation where asylum seekers in Bedford have sucessfully sued the Gov because the gates of their compound were locked for their own protection. This apparently is contrary to the bill of human rights.

All of this nonsense is likely to cost hundreds of thousands, but I don't see how it appertains to the current dialog about re-containing terrorism (IRA and splinter factions obviously excluded)

Have there been any special new laws passed, or amendments to the bill of human rights suggesting it might be illegal to use civilians as weapons of mass destruction? Have I been caught napping and missed the meeting?

Please feel free to discuss this any way you see appropriate.

All the best, CAT

SPIT
21st Sep 2001, 23:50
Hi
Due to the events in the USA recenty St George and TB stated that they were at WAR with terrorism. Will this mesn ALL terrorist org's or just the ones that suit the USA forgetting that in NY on St Patric's day and at other times the IRISH AMERICANS can't seem to give enough to SF/IRA and other
Irish terror org's, seeming to forget that the bombs and shooting are not happening on there doorsteps??? :( :( :confused:
PS my sincere condolences to the people of the United States again.