PDA

View Full Version : Longer legs for Citation CJ

nomorecatering
7th Dec 2009, 04:30
The newer CJ airframes seem to have a large baggage compartment in the rear fuselage. Is there any regulatory or engineering problem in installing a supplimentary fuel tank in the baggage compartment to hold say 600 - 900 lbs of fuel. Considering rotor burst protection requirements etc.

flybypilot
7th Dec 2009, 09:32
I heard there is an air ambulance company who are having a long range fuel tank approved but that is all I know, anyone know more?

G-DAVE
7th Dec 2009, 19:20
Oh god, I hope I don't get put on one of those!

Anything close to, or over three hours in a CJ, and I feel like jumping out. Very cramped, even for a short ar5e like me!

formulaben
10th Dec 2009, 23:07
Is there any regulatory or engineering problem in installing a supplimentary fuel tank in the baggage compartment to hold say 600 - 900 lbs of fuel.

Aside from CG, the Zero Fuel Weight limitation may be a limiting factor...unless you're ferrying and have no pax.

ahramin
12th Dec 2009, 02:18
Zero fuel weight would likely not include fuel in a baggage area. It's for fuel in the wings.

formulaben
12th Dec 2009, 05:01
^ that's why it would be a limitation, since the extra fuel would be going in the baggage area, NOT in the wings.