PDA

View Full Version : Had to share this funny.

Mr. Bloggs
7th Dec 2009, 01:18
Aircraft in the Persian Gulf AIR are required to give the Iranian Air Defense Radar (military) 
a ten minute 'heads up' if they will be transiting Iranian airspace. 

A pilot overheard this conversation on the VHF Guard (emergency) frequency 121.5 MHz 
while flying from Europe to Dubai .
Read below....

The conversation:

Iranian Air Defense Radar: 'Unknown aircraft you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.' 
:*

U.S. Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.':rolleyes:

Iranian Air Defense Radar: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace we 
will launch interceptor aircraft!'

:confused:

U.S. Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter. Send 'em up, I'll wait!':}:}:}

Iranian Air Defense Radar: (no response ... ):O

hongkongfooey
7th Dec 2009, 01:49
Gold Jerry, gold :ok:

Basil
7th Dec 2009, 08:37
HKF,

Didn't you mean "Old Jerry, Old" :):}:)

mr Q
7th Dec 2009, 10:16
YouTube - USS Montana vs Lighthouse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQm5P2KypeE)

Ex Cathedra
8th Dec 2009, 01:46
Some more on there:

Airline jokes, Air Traffic Control humor, Navy jokes, military jokes, aviation jokes and funny pictures - FlightHumor.com (http://www.flighthumor.com/)

"N123, have you captured the localizer?"
"Negative... But we have it surrounded!..."

Al Fakhem
9th Dec 2009, 13:48
Ex Cathedra: the link you have posted is to a site containing malware :ugh:

Ex Cathedra
9th Dec 2009, 14:54
Ex Cathedra: the link you have posted is to a site containing malware

Negatory, my dear computer challenged friend... Site's clean, can't say the same about your pc, I'm afraid.

Check this out... Who said the FAA doesn't have a sense of humor:

http://www.dauntless-soft.com/products/Freebies/Humor/ideed_plate.png

oceancrosser
9th Dec 2009, 15:48
I liked the SINNK 3 arrival into BNE, intersections named LEAKY-BOATS-SINNK!

jonathon68
9th Dec 2009, 15:53
At one stage you could write in suggestions to the FAA for the naming of waypoints. There are a number of them around the USA, such as COREY for example which are named in memorium to pilots.

The P.C crowd seem to have cleaned up a number of the good old ones. Anyone else remember SEXEY and NIPIL? :ok: Allegedly someone asked of a female controller, "If I call you SEXEY, can I proceed direct NIPIL?" This request was fiercely denied, and the waypoints changed names soon after. :sad:

Waterskier
9th Dec 2009, 18:02
The FAF for 4L & 4R at Newark is "HOWYA" & "DOOIN"

1200firm
10th Dec 2009, 10:42
SPICY - BARBQ - RIBBS used to be there somewhere in Texas but,alas,no longer

Shot Nancy
10th Dec 2009, 12:06
WHATA, BUMMA, MUMMA used to exist based on the Nimitz VORTAC at Guam.

Dan Winterland
10th Dec 2009, 16:08
I seem to remember those three were the ones immediately north of Diego Garcia.

The ones that make me titter (pun intended) are the two on the VOR 05 procedure at Pnom Penh called LIKME and TOGER.

NoseGear
10th Dec 2009, 20:08
On a route into I think SYD, or maybe BNE, there is PUDYA SWEED LIPPS ALIDA CLOSA TUDDA PHONE.....and on the West Coast of Aus the Once a Jolly Swaggy song played out on the tracks leading into the Indian Ocean:ok:

Bograt
10th Dec 2009, 23:20
Or the ELVIS locator at Memphis. And GAFFA near Alice Springs (I think it's been PC'd to GAFER now).

I think the Diego Garcia WOTTA, BMMER & MOMMA have been reduced to 2 of them. Not sure which has been removed.

Cunning_Stunt
11th Dec 2009, 05:11
For those fans of Monty Python's Life of Brian, the Helli 2 Departure in Darwin is a cracker. INCON ... TINEN.... TIABB.... UTTOX. Priceless

freightdog188
11th Dec 2009, 17:08
there used to be a GIVME 4 W departure in Munich
:ok:

Dan Winterland
12th Dec 2009, 02:23
It's WOTTA tha't been deleted. BUMMR and MOMMA are still there.

I was cleared direct to TOGER yesterday. :eek:

Toe Knee Tiler
12th Dec 2009, 07:31
How about the entry from Europe to Teheran FIR "Raged". Roger sir call me rag ed!

jonathon68
12th Dec 2009, 08:22
Bangkok ATC seem to go to great length's to never give a clearance via position ****A.

I would be interested to know the correct pronunciation.

nitpicker330
14th Dec 2009, 04:26
RANDY is a waypoint for 21R in BKK

I couldn't resist calling the TWR and saying "I'm Randy and inbound for 21R." Straight over the Female controllers head I think!!
Although maybe she chose to ignore it after hearing it for the 100th time perhaps?

10 years ago there was an air to air refueling track east of Mt Isa ( QLD Au )
with waypoints something like "refuel, fillup, topup, exxon, etc