PDA

View Full Version : favourites/surfing in W7?

Fun Police
6th Dec 2009, 19:02
hi all,
this might be a silly question, but i have a new netbook that has 7 on it and i cannot stand the way it manages favourites. at the end of a surf i wind up with multiple windows for individual sites and also for each favourite folder. in XP when a favourite folder was opened in the explorer bar the sites would drop down and the new site would open in the same window as the previous site veiwed. is there any way to adjust the settings so when using the favourites that i have on display in the Explorer bar on the left of the screen it does not open a new window every time a new site is opened?
thanks in advance!
fp

Desertia
9th Dec 2009, 07:03
Hard to understand what you are saying. Are you talking about Internet Explorer 7? If so, go and get Firefox instead.

If you're talking about the W7 start menu or the menu bar, remember that your Mouse has a right button.....

green granite
9th Dec 2009, 09:34
I also find IE8 favourites a pain (which is why I don't use it very often) especially when you forget that the arrow that appears on the right of the folder doesn't open the list inside the folder, it opens all the links in the folder in separate tabs. :ugh::ugh:

Fun Police
9th Dec 2009, 12:24
GG, that is exactly what i was getting at and it is indeed a pain. can't see why they changed it.
D, i tried firefox and it handles the favourites the same way as IE7 (should have been more specific).
fp

spannersatcx
9th Dec 2009, 18:18
Don't click on the arrow, click on the folder name and the favorites will then drop down in a list.

green granite
9th Dec 2009, 19:06
Yes we know that spannersatcx, but in most lists the arrow opens the folder as a list ie in explorer, it does not open the items in the list. It's a counter-intuitive thing as far as I'm concerned.