PDA

View Full Version : Paramount cancels 14 flights following de-registration of three aircrafts

shanx
6th Dec 2009, 11:24
The Hindu : Business / Companies : Paramount cancels 14 flights following de-registration of three aircrafts (http://beta.thehindu.com/business/companies/article60716.ece)

With the de-registering of three Paramount aircraft by the Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), the airline has announced the cancellation of 14 of its flights in various sectors during this week end.
The flights included Chennai – Coimbatore (I7-410), Coimbatore – Chennai (I7-411), Chennai – Ahmedabad (I7-411), Ahmedabad – Chennai (I7-461), Chennai – Kolkata (I7-810), Kolkata – Chennai (I7-811), Chennai – Kochi (I7-435), Kochi – Chennai (I7-436), Chennai – Kochi (I7-469), Kochi – Chennai (I7-470), Chennai – Thiruvananthapuram (I7-413), Thiruvananthapuram – Chennai (I7-414), Chennai – New Delhi (I7-601) and New Delhi – Chennai (I7-602).
Airports Authority of India (AAI) sources at Chennai said they received a communication on Friday evening from the AAI Headquarters which said: “DGCA has de-registered Paramount Airways three Embraer 170-200 aircraft VT-PAD, VT-PAE and VT-PAF with immediate effect.”
The communication also informed that the intimation should be sent to all Air Traffic Control units concerned immediately not to permit the Paramount Airways aircraft to operate air services with the above mentioned registration numbers.
AAI sources said following the instruction the flights were grounded. A senior AAI officer said already two of the airline’s aircraft were grounded. With the DGCA de-registering three more aircraft, the airline has only one aircraft with which it was trying to operate in various sectors.

newcfo
7th Dec 2009, 00:15
does this represent Sun set for this airline ?
the airline is reported to have a big tax arrears in excess of Ind Rupee 100 million !!!
they collect TDS tax at source from employees but do not remit it to Govt this represent a big violation of tax laws :{