PDA

View Full Version : KLM Complaint

c2lass
5th Dec 2009, 21:55
I wonder if anyone could give me a contact for someone at a senior level at KLM to deal with my complaint.

This relates to lost luggage in September and the shambolic service we received, mis-information and failure to address our points raised in the complaint.

To summarise, here is bullet points of what has happened.

1. Arrived in Munich from Aberdeen via AMS. Both bags never arrived.

2. Given report, one voucher for 25 euros off another flight and told we could spend up to 100 euros each.

3. Despite being told bags will arrive next day (told this on three different occasions), they didn't arrive for 3 days.

4. Put in complaint as soon as we got home. Sent receipts for 150e for emergency items. Letter sent special delivery to baggage dept.

5. After 3 weeks heard nothing, phoned and told hadn't received letter! Explained re special delivery and gave them reference number and they managed to eventually trace it.

6. Reply received, reimbursed and apologised. Number of issues raised in our letter were not addressed, things like the tracking on their website was never updated, the report advising you can email which we did, to get a reply saying sorry they cannot help and questions as to why we kept being told luggage had been located when it hadn't. I also asked for reasonable compensation for being without belongings for 3 days out of 7.

7. Used the 25e voucher against flights to Dubai. Cost me over £3 in the phone call, then I had to send the voucher to AMS by International Signed for at a cost of £5. So, now costs £8.00 to use 25e voucher!

8. Sent another complaint to Customer Services, recorded delivery asking my complaint to be escalated.

9 Once voucher received in Amsterdam, only one e ticket issued for me so had to phone and ask about hubby's. Was told as we booked over the phone and we only had one voucher we needed to pay a 13 euro booking fee (well I flipped at this point) The very helpful girl did ask why we didn't get two vouchers, one each as two cases had been lost. Very good question I say. Anyway she used common sense and waived the 13e booking fee.

10. After 4 weeks, no response to my second complaint. Phoned customer services, told they hadn't received it (Is this a standard reply?) Explained who had signed for it and when. The helpful French Man found it and said it had been directed to the baggage dept.

11. Phoned baggage dept over a week ago, they said they had never received my second complaint (yes it really is standard reply I think). Explained the conversation with the French man, the girl said she would phone me back and she did. She has now found my second complaint it was attached to the back of something else?? I explained my carry on with the voucher to which she said I would need to write to Customer Service - erm this is what I did.

I am still waiting and have heard nothing. I am reluctant to let this go as I really want to get my point across re the terrible service we have endured.

You may ask why we have booked another flight with them. Well living in Aberdeen we are very limited in flights and to get to Dubai it was either BA (extortionate price) or Air France via CDG at an excellent price, so it comes down to money I am afraid.

I would be extremely grateful if someone could give me a senior contact to take ownership of my complaint.

Thank you