PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff Aviance

tommyflyer
3rd Dec 2009, 10:34
cant beleive servisair are back in cwl as from end of jan. What goes round comes round! Glad to see servisair back they are a good company to work for and hopefully they will sort out the workers from the managers who just turn up for the day!!!!

WELSHGUY40
3rd Dec 2009, 15:06
what was the point them leaving then coming back it dont make sense

plaincrazy
3rd Dec 2009, 16:48
Exactly our thoughts too, going through all that for basically nothing. Shame for all the old servisair managers who left as a result.
Maybe a blessing in disguise as at least we at CWL should now be safe on the job front being the only handler there.

tommyflyer
3rd Dec 2009, 17:06
I wouldnt be so sure about all jobs being safe as servisair will save money where they can. As for the old servisair managers whos to say they wont return with servisair coming back! I think allocators,supervisors,lead agents,load controllers and managers will be most at risk as there are far to many and central load control is based in manchester.

WELSHGUY40
3rd Dec 2009, 18:14
i thought they left because there was not enough business for them to make money its abit strange

Skipness One Echo
3rd Dec 2009, 18:32
They left because competing with Aviance wasn't worth the candle so they blinked first. Now they own Aviance, so win-win.

tommyflyer
3rd Dec 2009, 18:36
Majority of money at cwl is made on ramp so taking over that aswell is a sure winner

caaardiff
3rd Dec 2009, 18:42
I think allocators,supervisors,lead agents,load controllers and managers will be most at risk as there are far to many and central load control is based in manchester.
In comparison, when Servisair had Airway, they each had their own Duty Managers. Aviance have less Duty Managers who cover the whole operation.

Lead agents were present years ago, when extra Supervisor positions were brought in in 2006, Lead Agents weren't required as it simply wasn't busy enough.

Supervisors run the day to day stuff themselves, wasn't busy enough for allocators.

Now Aviance handle everything at CWL, so those current staff are justified.
Aviance have bent over backwards to take on the Ex Servisair business and staff.

Effectively this latest change over will be the same as it is currently, but with a new uniform and logo. Maybe some minor changes, but who knows, its early days!

mathers_wales_uk
3rd Dec 2009, 19:59
I don't think many changes will happen at CWL for a while as there are other airports where Aviance and Servisair are both present and will have their work cut out at those.

CLC is more likely to be brought in but there is a slight glimmer that it might not as i have heared that BRS doesn't use it unless it has changed recently.

A lot has changed since Servisair left CWL 6 months or so ago, and don't forget that Servisair will be taking on the Whole Operation similar to Aviance are now. With the take-over happening just before the 6 Nations and only a few months before Summer 10 then any reductions in staff may not happen till at least the end of the summer season 2010.

tommyflyer
4th Dec 2009, 11:55
I wouldnt say aviance has bent over backwards for servisair as they got rid of all sa managers and zero hour staff so to say that is a bit extreme!
With a bit of luck they will bring in managers with some servisair experience who know the full operation of servisair. Anyway who knows what the future is of cwl and with some of the staff now harping on about their job saftey,have a thought for those that lost their jobs when sa closed back in june. Now you know exactley how they felt at the time. Its not a good feeling is it?

TFLYCREW
4th Dec 2009, 16:26
tommyflyer, lossing anyones job in this current climate is worrying for all of us in aviation. My understanding is that Aviance were obliged under TUPE to take on ex servisair staff as they were taking on servisair work for example TOM and TCX and a few other airlines operating from CWL. So if Aviance had declined to take on the extra work from Servisair they would of not had to take on Servisair staff when they closed their operation at CWL. I am neither an employee from Servisair or Aviance but crew, so correct me if im wrong but Aviance taking on the work left behind when Servisair decided to close secured many jobs (not all i know) for Servisair staff and if they hadnt many more would of been out of work this summer. If I were servisair staff I would be thanking Aviance for securing me in employment during these difficult times in our industry. I hope everyone is ok on the job front with the announcement that Servisair have taken over Aviance and wish you all luck.:) The same can be said in the air and on the ground its all the same s**t different uniform!!!:)

TFLYCREW
4th Dec 2009, 16:37
Quote,

cant beleive servisair are back in cwl as from end of jan. What goes round comes round!

Tommyflyer dont you think this is a bit harsh? as said above they didnt have to take on airlines and staff when servisair decided to leave. Servisair decided to close the operation remember and not Aviance so cant understand why u feel this way towards a company that helped to keep many in jobs when servisair decided to quit CWL.

tommyflyer
4th Dec 2009, 16:49
Theres no way aviance would have refused the buisness at the time as it was beneficial for them to take it and the extra staff were needed to help cover the flights. Im truly grateful for still being employed in this current climate but the reason i feel slightly bitter is the way the EX servisair staff were treated during the whole process of the aviance takeover. As aviance staff you wont understand why as you were not involved. I also think it would be great for the old sa managers to get a chance of coming back to servisair, they also have families and mortgages like everyone else.

caaardiff
4th Dec 2009, 21:40
A few pointers...

ALL Ex Servisair and Aviance tempory and zero hour staff were laid off, except for a small number of extremely good zero hour staff who are very rarely used but were a credit to any company. So it wasn't just Servisair tempory staff who Aviance laid off.

Some Servisair managers decided on their own to take redundancy. Other had to battle it out with their comparible position in Aviance. Make of the results of this what you will.

My comment included Servisair staff and BUSINESS. The airlines are more than happy with the work Aviance have done since June, the changeover went as well as could be. Aviance have continually strived to learn the charter work Servisair handled.

There is no need to bring in Managers with Servisair experience. There is already an operation setup with the current Aviance staff. Bear in mind Servisair may have taken over Aviance, but i'm sure the powers that be from both companies will bring idea's together to create a better handling agent.

This really shouldn't be turned into a Servisair vs Aviance thing. Everyone is now one team whatever uniform they are wearing.

mathers_wales_uk
4th Dec 2009, 22:55
This really shouldn't be turned into a Servisair vs Aviance thing. Everyone is now one team whatever uniform they are wearing.

Unfortunatly there has been that devide and still is allthough we have been through the Summer season as one company.

they got rid of all sa managers and zero hour staff

I have to say all managers at Aviance and Servisiar had to re-apply for their jobs when Aviance took on the Servisair staff. If the selection process was unfair then thats down to an individuals opinion and i'm sure the outcome was selected on normal criteria.

All Zero hour and summer temp staff were always going to have their employment terminated at the end of the summer period if the winter schedule didn't justify the staffing levels that was emplyed by the company. All summer temp staff at Aviance be it ex servisair or aviance or those not on permanent contracts were not kept on at the end of summer season.

I really can't see why there is such a devide to be honest with you and why such bad opinion of Aviance at CWL because this is how it happened.

At begining of summer season Servisair pulled out as operation wasn't profitable
Aviance took on all Servisair contracts and staff
Too many manager costing a lot of money so managers had to apply for jobs.
Some managers made redundant or took redundancy
End of summer season so every body not on permanent contract left the company
Servisair buys AvianceCould they have held on through the summer period if they had this in the pipeline? Did Servisair want Aviance to look like the nasty ones and then Servisair becomes the saviour? Who knows theres a lot of confused people out there.

We are all colleagues now working for Aviance and soon to be Servisair.

fanrailuk
5th Dec 2009, 03:50
Tommyflyer? Who are you? Why are you so bitter? What is your issue?

Hmmm...something tells me you're expecting things at CWL to go back to the ex-Servisair ways the day after the change, whether good or bad, this isn't going to happen.

Do you now work for aviance? You took up the offer rather than be left jobless? Does this not warrant a thank you to aviance at CWL??

I think maybe you should consider leaving because as already mentioned, things aren't going to change straight away. CWL is a one agent station, and the hierachy will always stay the same. It'll still be the same staff, the same management and the same operation.

If you dislike, then I can advise you on how to write your notice... :suspect:

tommyflyer
5th Dec 2009, 14:12
Thanks for the very kind offer but as i no longer work at cwl that wont be needed! Oh and the small number of staff that were kept on after summer that were soooooo good just happend to be aviance staff. I rest my case and will say no more on this matter except good luck to you all you will need it:ok:

plaincrazy
5th Dec 2009, 18:55
Until Servisair return nobody knows whats going to happen for certain.....We will just have to wait and see....again

Desk25
6th Dec 2009, 08:39
Calm Down, Calm Down!! < - - Scouse Style!
Personally, although I no longer work for Servisair / Aviance it will be nice to see the Servisair logo again around the airport. I enjoyed working for S/A and it was through S/A that I work where I do now.

I think that there is no question about staff numbers taking a hit, It's going to happen which is devastating as we will all lose friends in the process.

Caaaaaardif, I know you talk of staff numbers being justified but that will not apply from a S/A point of view. It will likely be SM/DM/SV and only SV if they have to, may even be a seasonal position. CLC will be used as this was created by servisair for the point of saving money. There will prob be a lot more PAX/Dispatch roles, 2 jobs, 1 person. Makes sense from a business pov but again will unfortunately mean more people going.

You guys all need to stick together and get rid off the 'Us and Them' disputes, you are all in this together.

Tommy, don't think theres much chance on ex S/A staff being involved unless they apply for jobs, however, existing staff will have to get first picking for jobs so its a no-hoper.

And why did they close S/A 6 Moths ago??... I think this is exactly why they closed it. I would think this deal has been in the making for many months and between S/A and AV they have been closing regional bases so they dont have to effectively pay 'Double Rent' when the aquisition goes ahead and forcing better rates from customers. Im sure they are more than happy to pay double rent at large bases to stop more competitors coming in, there is little chance of competition at CWL and regional bases.

I feel for all of you guys who, once again will have to go through the process of applying for your jobs etc but as previous experience suggests, it all seems to work out in the end.