PDA

View Full Version : Worst aircraft handling services in Africa?

lpokijuhyt
4th Dec 2009, 19:04
We have all heard some horror stories with flying into certain airports in Africa, i.e fueling, landing permits, etc. Just curious as to what airports/handling services still operate in the stone age and make life difficult for the crew?

Time Traveller
4th Dec 2009, 20:23
probably quicker to list the ones that don't!

Kenorapilot
4th Dec 2009, 20:48
Best i've had so far....Entebbe Ground Handling Services. They are pretty spot on....Ethiopian Airlines Ground Service is also very good! Worst...Ahba Ground Handling in Sudan....throw 20 guys are your plane but not one knows how to do **** with it!

learjet50
5th Dec 2009, 11:39
In a short 4 letter word they are all SxxT

All they want to do it take your US Dollars for you

Moral of the story AVOID AVOID

Regards

Gezza

DA-10mm
6th Dec 2009, 06:46
TT, you hit the nail on the head.

Duffb
8th Dec 2009, 06:39
Wellcome to Afrika:ok:

jetopa
9th Dec 2009, 02:09
My candidate: Tripoli, Libya!

jr of dallas
9th Dec 2009, 08:19
Excuse me guys, but I think that is the point of having the fun & adventurous thrill to fly in Africa...(easier if you're a french speaker in western part though). Personnaly I think it's worse in some parts of the old soviet empire (try some places in ukraina or in kyrgyzstan for instance).
Once you know they are going after your money preferably with a smile..just take it easy and be smarter because some people think they are still in europe ...hello !!!!! ;-)
I think Africa remains for real aviator in all the terms...not for little sissi, but just my opinion.