PDA

View Full Version : aac pay alarm

lou couturn
16th Sep 2001, 20:38
Any AAC boys out there who are not particularly impressed with the latest 20000 quid retention pay? Please post constructive comments as you see fit. In my view it is aimed at the wrong people?? Comments welcome. :mad:

ChristopherRobin
17th Sep 2001, 13:38
sorry I have no details of this! Please tell me what's happening!

I suppose its another retention scheme for aging generals who would have stayed in anyway, not those who are actually getting out.

Banner
19th Sep 2001, 23:32
Another idear lead by our boys in Light and Dark Blue taken and used by the other flying arm. Firstly the first two miss out by not using NCOs,so thier crews have a chance of a full career to a ripe old age, while our lot get kicked out at 40? Who are they trying to keep in? QHIs, those how started young and have the exspirence or anyone just finished the pilots corse who just happen to fall into the bracket? why can't the Boys in Green have an original thought or just think about what were trying to achive. This isn't a bitch I've 3 years out of the box, miss out by 9 months, it would have been nice but what you aint got you don't miss.

PurplePitot
20th Sep 2001, 00:29
Oh my god - Please, Please tell me that you are not a pilot........Please! :rolleyes:

jockspice
20th Sep 2001, 12:31
Can someone tell me what the details are, as being dark blue aviation and on leave, I'm not privvy to the details at the mo!
Still interested to find out how our AAC friends are being shafted like the rest of us!!

lou couturn
20th Sep 2001, 23:30
Apparently some brave souls are actually questioning their right to receive the payments despite actually falling outside the ridiculous constraints placed upon eligibility. Any more info on success or otherwise would be appreciated.

jemima puddleduck
22nd Sep 2001, 13:42
Is this the initiative that was brought into effect last april, with 10k this year and 10k next year - eligable only to those who have already reached the Initial Pension Point, with the penalty of a 3 yr time bar.

am i right or wrong - please correct me

JP

64av8or
22nd Sep 2001, 15:02
Banner, you don't have to conceal your real identity by pretending to be a Staff Officer just come out with it!
JP, your'e correct.

I always wanted to be a pilot now I is one! ;)
JSP 318 Ch4 verse 18.

lou couturn
22nd Sep 2001, 18:07
Yes it is the 2 x 20k payments. A friend of mine is enquiring into receiving it even though he is merely mid 30s. The fact that he has been flying for over 10 years seems lost on the system. Had he been 37 with a massive 2 years out of the box he (or indeed we) would have suddenly been worth a 20k retention payment.......... nice to see that this has been well executed by the AAC! :eek:

bad admin
22nd Sep 2001, 19:50
Personnally speaking I think it was a blinding idea.....In fact so does my missus who turned it into a conservatory!! Still I can get my new car with next April's payment....ching ching ;)

lou couturn
23rd Sep 2001, 19:28
Good for you, I am pleased some are getting it. Clearly the system has decided by use of rigourously researched constraints that you are worthy.