View Full Version : What Do companies like fly Emirates look for in a pilot??

Omar Malash
4th Dec 2009, 17:12
Hey Guys!

Nice to meet you all of course. I just wanted to ask if there are specific flight academies that Emirates lays it eyes on for hiring pilots.

Thanks

Cheers,

Omar Malash

MIKECR
4th Dec 2009, 18:58
"What Do companies like fly Emirates look for in a pilot??"

About 5000 hours on very big jet aeroplanes!!

One9iner
4th Dec 2009, 19:09
Maybe not MKIECR.... a family member is currently flying 34's for another middle eastern outfit after a UK integrated course/EZY/current job...

I don't believe in fate. I believe in hard work, good contacts, and a sprinkle of luck.

MIKECR
4th Dec 2009, 19:12
There's always one!:rolleyes:

One9iner
4th Dec 2009, 21:39
No mike, there's plenty of pprune twits......see you in HK

One9iner
4th Dec 2009, 21:42
no reply? .......

MIKECR
4th Dec 2009, 21:52
Yes....im confused....the question asked what emirates look for. Here's the answer:-

Direct from Emirates website-

Requirements for the Position of First Officer

- A minimum of 4000 hours total flying time (may include 25% P3 or FEO time to a max of 500 hr).
- A minimum of 2000 hours multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft preferably with MTOW of >55T. (P3 time cannot be used for this requirement).
- Must hold a valid ICAO ATPL
- English language fluency (written and verbal comprehension); ICAO English level (4 or above)
- Experience commensurate with age
- Type rated would be advantageous

From PPJN website:- requirements for FO's-

FO
1) A minimum of 6,000 hours Total Time. 2) A minimum of 4,000 hours Hard Time. (all EK time or P1/P2 on AWU 10t or more) 3) Possession of a valid UAE ATPL. 4) A minimum of 3 years of service in Emirates prior to promotion to Captain. 5) A minimum of four PPCs (OPCs) successfully completed on any aircraft type in Emirates fleet. 6) A minimum of 12 months on type, from date of completion of initial line training. 7) Must maintain full Route and Aerodrome qualification recency, including CAT B & C airports.

I answer the question...and you call me a "twit"?? :confused:

And why would I see you in HK??:confused::confused:

woodcoc2000
5th Dec 2009, 12:04
i think mike responded perfectly appropriately. you need lots of time and lots of jet time as well. see requirements he has posted.. why do name calling??

student88
5th Dec 2009, 14:20
2239 - No mike, there's plenty of pprune twits......see you in HK

2242 - no reply? .......

Really, you give him 3 minutes to reply? :confused:

Sorry but I'm with Team Mike on this one.

See you in HK.

Callsign Kilo
5th Dec 2009, 14:36
To put it in perspective. No jet time, don't bother applying. And I don't mean 250 hours purchased from the likes of Eaglejet either! To add, they couldn't give two turds where you trained. If they did the likes of Oxford would have been all over this by now!

Mike has given you the minimum requirements for entrance to EK. Its the definitive answer and could be applied to any long-haul carrier. In the first instance they will look for guys with command and/or training experience on the Boeing or Airbus. This will ideally be wide body and then narrow body. Then I would imagine it will be FOs with the requisite number of jet hours, again ideally wide-body, then narrow body. A number of guys that I know and indeed know of have left my airline for the desert. By in large they have all been Captains and they all went back to the right hand seat again. A number have come back, quickly deciding that the likes of Emirates isn't for them. I am led to believe that it is easy to get disillusioned by it all. Flying the 777 or A330/340 for EK isn't the be all and end all. From what I'm told Dubai isn't either! However all that is a long way off for many a wannabee at the moment

P.S. See you in HK brotha! :confused: We'll get there on a 34 no doubt!

One9iner
5th Dec 2009, 15:46
Apologies MIKE, no offence meant.

Ronand
9th Dec 2009, 19:04
They might have a cadet programme for UAE nationals though, not 100% sure on that...

Omar Malash
18th Dec 2009, 20:57
Hey guys,

Thanks for the great help. and yea I actually did check their website for applying for F/O..its clear they dont accept entry-levels (well except for emiraty nationals)..they only require emiraty national to have a high-school degree and thats it. Anyways, I think I get the idea of what Emirates are looking for !! :) ..if anyone has any other inside info! ..please do not hesitate to share with us !!

Cheers,

Omar Malash

silver-raptor
14th Feb 2010, 10:57
whats the pay in emirates

High-higher
14th Feb 2010, 11:53
500k a year after taxes, thank god for oil :}