PDA

View Full Version : Visual approach RWY 01R Fuerteventura

Reimers
4th Dec 2009, 16:07
On the LIDO charts that we use it states that one has to be established on centerline latest 5 miles out when doing a visual onto RWY 01R at Fuerteventura. That means we have to overfly the village there, which we might be able to avoid when intercepting final at 3 miles. Also, usually approaching from the north, this adds 4 miles which I'd like to shave off.
Can anyone tell me whether this restriction really exists (in the spanish AIP or elsewhere), and whether this restriction is mentioned on charts by different makers also?

Badente
4th Dec 2009, 17:56
Hey Reimers,

it is a noise abatement requirement (don't ask me) according to the Spanish AIP:

1.- Visual approach procedures [...] RWY 01L/R will intercept the final approach segment at more than 5.0 DME FTV.

You can have a closer look at all European AIPs at EAD Basic (http://ead-website.ead-it.com/publicuser/public/pu/login.jsp) (free registration required)

(At least this time it isn't LIDO screwing up (again).)

Regards,
Badente

the dean
7th Dec 2009, 15:44
Hi Reimers...can't tell you the official answer...but in practice i see guys turn in frequently over the village of caleta de fuste (if you google it you will see thats 2.5 miles out on the approach.looking from the airport you have the resort of nuevoi horizonte first then caleta de fuste on the bay...).....i've even see people turn on to finals between the village and the threshold.... so that would be under 2.5 miles...

if fact 5 miles would be outside the two golf courses and whereas many do go out for a longer approach, frequently people turn in about the first golf course and thats about 3 miles out....and i should know...thats about where i park my sunlounger...!!!:cool::}

Reimers
2nd Jan 2010, 06:59
Badente and The Dean,

thank you for your answers. :ok:

And sorry for the delay in thanking you.