PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Jackonicko ?

Helpful One
16th Sep 2001, 15:26
Who is Jackonicko?

Has anyone ever actually seen any published work from the hand of the alleged journo' in our midst?

Jackonicko - go on -share your portfolio.

Sorry if this is old hat.

Jackonicko
16th Sep 2001, 17:22
Referee! Moderator!

Help, help, I'm being oppressed.

Can I prevail on PPRunNers to respect the anonymity of this forum?

I don't mind if anyone wishes to say:

"Yes, the twit is only too real and I've read his drivel"

But I don't s'pose we could leave it at that?

BEagle
16th Sep 2001, 22:05
He is indeed a bona fide aviation journo.

Chairborne 09.00hrs
16th Sep 2001, 22:41
Who is Jackonicko? He is "bona" indeed, oh Helpful One, and by no means merely "alleged".

He has been ( perhaps uncharacteristically ) modest with his reply to you: his published works are numerous. Some are even written under his true name!

Whilst I would never describe him as a "twit" (to his face - many other things, some of them even justified ) I could not in any way describe his published works as drivel.

Fair enough, Jacko??

Jackonicko
16th Sep 2001, 23:37
Uncharacteristically left at a loss for words by the above. And I haven't a clue who you are Chairborne!

Mum? Mum? Is that you......?

Gainesy
17th Sep 2001, 13:04
Jacko is real and I have read some of his stuff; which is not as good as mine :D
He writes for some of the more esoteric journals,(Jane's Which Widget Update), has appeared in several Hollywood movies and owns a cat or two, possibly.

sprucemoose
17th Sep 2001, 13:22
Play fair, people. This is an anonymous forum, unless you want to post under your own name - we all have reasons for wanting to protect our identity.

Having said that, sorry for almost unintentionally 'outing' you, Jacko - hope you've forgiven me!

Don't call me a **** next time, by the way: a ****'s useful!

fobotcso
20th Sep 2001, 02:56
The object of your enquiry published his own name "in clear" about a year ago in a thread about a letter to The Times.

I can't find that thread which has either been "moderated" or deleted by the PPRuNer who started it (can't remember who that was).

But this is not a subject worth losing any sleep about.