PDA

View Full Version : Flight Dispatcher training

superliner
4th Dec 2009, 09:18
Hello everyone!!

I just happened to go through a flight dispatchers' training programme offered by Sri Lankan Air and started getting ideas :). Although as of now I'm studying to be an aircraft maintenance engineer/technician, I'm just curious to know how good or bad this course is. Will you advise somebody with no experience in the industry to do it self-financed? The course: here (http://www.srilankan.aero/training/dispatcher_training.shtml).

I hope my questions don't sound silly. Thank you for your time.

silversurfer
8th Dec 2009, 06:29
Hi Superliner

I'm busy with a dispatchers course here is South Africa. It's definately worth the money if you are keen on a career in flight dispatch/operations. Good luck!

superliner
9th Dec 2009, 16:30
Hey silversurfer!

I'm definitely looking for a career in an airline, be it engineering (for which I am presently undergoing training) or operations, which I am contemplating mainly because there aren't many opportunities available at the moment in the engineering side.

Since you're doing the course, may I ask where do you see yourself after you are done with it? More importantly what kind of work experience did you have before you started out with the course, because if I enroll for the course, I doubt I'd have any relevant experience to back up the qualification. And going by the trend in the industry, experience is what is valued and there aren't many organisations hiring freshly trained people.

Jech
13th Dec 2009, 12:43
i've been trained for Flight Dispatcher and got my license here in the Philippines. struggled so much to get this license but unfortunately im having a hard time applying for an entry level F.O. here., they all require exp. eventhough i've been on duty as a practicum-er/ on the job trainee for some company as flight ops/dispatcher (600hrs).

disappointing but true, i just hope before june 2010 comes (where my license willl expires) that some company i apply for will hire me or even train me just to get employed..

if you know such companies pls let us know. tnk you...

Lefthandseat
19th Dec 2009, 04:18
Ref the Sri Lankan website , why the visa to Singapore?
Is the course conducted in Singapore?
Thanks for any response to this.
Cheers !:)

octoberian
8th Mar 2010, 02:18
Sir try mo mag apply sa SATS(singapore). i was hired but i can't produce the placement fee for the agency. sa Gen Av lang experience ko. thel'll train you as stated in the contract

troublemaker
20th Dec 2011, 09:49
Hi Silversurfer, I would like to know that wheredid you do your Flight despatcher course?

iamdarefash
23rd Jul 2012, 14:13
please,i would like to know where you had your flight dispatcher training in south africa.Thanks

mrlloydk
31st Aug 2015, 06:32
what is the name of dispatch school you attended in south africa and their website thank you