PDA

View Full Version : looking for some info in flying in brazil !!

guilherme18us
4th Dec 2009, 03:39
Hey guys I been hearing rumors that azul is hiring at very low hours.. How is the commercial flying in brazil now a days. I know there is alot of pilots on the streets so why arent they filling up positions. I live in the u.s got a faa thinking about going to brazil and doing the conversion.. I have 265tt thx .. any opinions ? :ugh:

alemaobaiano
4th Dec 2009, 07:55
The search function works quite well, it's a subject that has come up more than once.

One fundamental question, are you a Brazilian national?

TTFN

guilherme18us
4th Dec 2009, 19:19
yes I am ... Also getting my u.s citizenship

alemaobaiano
5th Dec 2009, 09:00
Then apply for the job :ok:

I would say that it is probably just a rumour about low hours, Azul don't list a minimum for co-pilot but those pilots that I know who have been accepted and are now on the waiting list have typically over 1500 hours, multi-engine, and turbine time. Obviously I don't know everyone on the list so there may be some people with less than this, but given the large selection pool I don't see any reason for Azul to take people with very low hours.

However, "No" you already have, so you won't lose anything by sending your CV :)

TTFN

flyingswiss
5th Dec 2009, 14:47
You need to get your Brazilian ME IR CPL before you can apply anywhere.

Before you start you need a CPF (you can get that in 15 days, if done in the US) and a Brazilian ID, at DETRAN it's done in a day.
Go to ANAC, get all the paperwork, get a 1st Class medical at CEMAL (you need to be sent from a flight school, so you have to enroll in one), if you don't have a Brazilian High School Diploma, you will need to get the American one (takes long time!!) recognized: Get the Diploma legalized in USA, than bring it to the Braz consulate in the USA, get it legalized there too, once in Brazil you need o take it to the office for American education (where Brazilians apply to go to a college in the US), for the Rio area the office is in the PUC (the big catholic university), after that you need to take it to the ministry of education (a translated copy of it), takes about 2 months. Every single document that you will give to ANAC needs to be translated by a sworn translator (the law sets the price, it's 40 Reais a page, takes couple weeks), than take the documents to a Cartorio and get them legalized based on your ID, all this takes few months. If you want to fly for an airline you just need a Multi IFR CPL, and this will be the only ck ride you have to take (usually two NDBs, if you fly in Rio the voice can be English), take the regualtion test (you will have to take groundschool unless you will not pass, it's just 20 question but lots of things are different than in the US), you can take this test at ANAC, for the Rio area at the Jacarepagua airport. After all this is done and ANAC as cleared you you can take the Aircraft written test and then the Flight test (you will have to copy all your hours on a Brazilian logbook). After the ck you will also have Sinlge IFR/VFR CPL and multi VFR CPL on your Brazilian license, what is more is less too here. At the end of all this you just need an english prof test, you have to score a 5.

I'm not Brazilian, I live and fly in Brazil

Most companies are hiring, yes you can get in in Azul with that time, but you are going to wait around, other companies (like passaredo) you need 500TT. If you know anybody in the company things work different....you can get a job with 200TT

Dont' waste your time sending CVs, unless you know the CP and you have his e-mail

alemaobaiano
5th Dec 2009, 21:03
Before you start you need a CPF (you can get that in 15 days, if done in the US) and a Brazilian ID, at DETRAN it's done in a day.

Flyingswiss, isn't DETRAN the traffic department? Do they issue IDs in Rio?

flyingswiss
5th Dec 2009, 23:20
Yes they do, if you have an ID look at it, it says where you got it, it can say DETRAN, some kind of military dept., the embassy if you got it outside Brazil,....This is how it works in Rio.

alemaobaiano
5th Dec 2009, 23:46
That's Brazil for you....different rules everywhere. In SP it would be the Secretaria de Segurança Pública de São Paulo (SSP SP), through Poupatempo. Foreigners can only get their RNE from the Policia Federal.

varigflier
7th Dec 2009, 18:15
I did my conversion in 2004 and it took over a year to get the all of the documents and education degrees and diplomas translated etc. The conversion process alone took 8 months so it is very frustrating and time consuming. I doubt if it has changed at all.

VF

guilherme18us
8th Dec 2009, 00:57
thanks everyone I will keep that in mind !! It sure does seem like alot ...lol good old brazil !!!

rayward
28th Dec 2009, 21:24
Any chance for a 800 TT - 300ME to work in Brazil???

I have FAA license, US and Spanish passports.

Do they hire Expats???

Thnxs

varigflier
28th Dec 2009, 21:48
No, unfortunatelly you have to be a citizen or national to fly for the airlines in Brasil.

flyingswiss
31st Dec 2009, 14:42
And you need to be a legal resident (RNE) before you can start with the conversion, to get the RNE takes about 6 months, to get that you have to get married, or a stable union (a bit easier then an actual marriage), a child with a brazilian citz or invest about 25000 $ in Brazil