PDA

View Full Version : Who bought who? Delta or Northwest?

beachbumflyer
3rd Dec 2009, 23:19
I'm not sure. I think it was Northwest who bought Delta. Am I correct?
Did both pilot groups get a good deal?

galaxy flyer
4th Dec 2009, 00:11
DL will tell you that they bought NW!! The NWA guys I have spoken with rave about the merger, however. It seems that it was the ONLY amicable merger that ever occurred.

I am dubious about how amiable it really is. When I was a pup, there were Capitol guys still whining about how badly they were treated by UAL; Panagra guys screaming that Braniff ALPA screwed them and they, in turn, were screwed by the EAL when Braniff sold its SA routes to EAL. There is no end to the merger stories.

GF

Oh, I forgot about how the Trans Carib guys got a good deal by AA and how Air Cal was a screw job by the APA in their merger. And how the "target heads" (that's NWA) screwed the Republic pilots.

oceancrosser
4th Dec 2009, 12:33
Well it gets confusing at MSP : "taxi to 12L follow the DL Airbus in NW colours, the NW 757 in DL colours will give way to you" :}

ferrydude
4th Dec 2009, 12:46
Northwest planes being resprayed in Delta livery. NO Delta planes resprayed in NW livery. Is it clear now?

oceancrosser
4th Dec 2009, 13:18
So much I knew ferrydude. Must be getting pretty nasty weatherwise in the LOACH area this time of year... :ok:

ferrydude
4th Dec 2009, 20:30
Not so bad, I try to rise above it.:)

jetpro767
5th Dec 2009, 00:05
Mr Andersen was CEO NWA before their bankrupcy. He left to United Healthecare and was appointed to Delta's board of Directors. When Mr
Grinstein retired from Delta the BOD selected Mr Andersen to replace him.
Every executive position opening since he arrived has gone to a former NWA
executive he worked with. The pilot contract is settled and select year groups at Delta are somewhat disappointed with their new senority numbers.
The NWA pilots got a pay raise and kept their pension. Conclusion Former NWA exec uses Delta to buy NWA and get rid of most unions.

flyboyike
11th Dec 2009, 22:49
Seems to me as though NW bought DL with DL's money.