PDA

View Full Version : Amberley Airshow

hueywsh
13th Sep 2001, 03:43
Does anyone know if the Amberley Airshow is still on at the end of September. I remember when Libya was bombed they cancelled helitech at Oakey because of security concerns?

2.5M
13th Sep 2001, 04:03
Official word is yes, at this stage.

Samuel
13th Sep 2001, 14:43
What the hell do you mean, "at this stage?".

I have confirmed Wellington-Brisbane flights.
Gold stand tickets, and hotel bookngs.

Do you know something the website doesn't?

Out Of Trim
14th Sep 2001, 02:47
I take it - you don't mean Amberley West Sussex then...? :cool:

Samuel
14th Sep 2001, 06:14
Duh! What a dope I am! There is an Airshow to celebrate the 8th Anniversary of the RAAF at RAAF Base Amberley last weekend of this month!

I love the subtle humour in the post above though. A cracker!

2.5M
14th Sep 2001, 17:55
Wow, for the 2nd oldest Air Force in the world, I would have thought we would have been around for more than 8 years.

P.S. All I know is that the Airshow is still a goa at the moment.
A lot of people have probably booked Ansett flights here aswell, Sam!!!

Samuel
14th Sep 2001, 21:41
Sorry, of course I meant 80th,a fact I was well aware of, but not interpreted well enough by my two typing fingers!

Yes, I realise the tragedy of the Ansett failure, (having recently seen the results of the Qantas NZ collapse) and I understand the anger of those employees, but it should be directed at the management of Ansett, which has been in trouble for a long time, and the incompetent fat cats who bought it, and not NZ as a whole!

Personally I'll never forgive you for allowing that hard-faced bitch out of Australia.Surely you could have found a place in one of those refugee camps for her?

I'm flying Qantas by the way!

[ 14 September 2001: Message edited by: Samuel ]

schlarpa
16th Sep 2001, 05:28
Australians don't blame all NZers for the collapse of ansett. We all ready know how incompetent you are as a nation and have become used to it. Maybe you could lend us some military aircraft to shuttle people around. Whoops thats right you don't have any. :D

Mmmmnice
20th Sep 2001, 23:07
Pardon me for pointing out the obvious but why is w_ocker starting a parallel thread about the same airshow? must be a bl**dy big one to attract so much interest :eek:
I don't think there will be much military left in the US of A to have an airshow in the near future

Foyl
21st Sep 2001, 15:59
Amberley is off, as is the naval review. :(

However, as Bendo has pointed out in another topic, Scone is definitely a goer. :D