PDA

View Full Version : Professional Flight Training - IR CPL MEP

rhea
3rd Dec 2009, 12:08
I’m interested in training here - what’s the average pass rate and any feedback good or bad please?

thanks

Portal380
3rd Dec 2009, 22:16
I don't know their rating score but by looking at their price it's better be very good training!!!

GearDownFlaps
4th Dec 2009, 16:10
Phone the CAA test centre at Bournemouth and ask them , then go to PAT and sign up there

PAPI-74
4th Dec 2009, 16:20
Yep - I got a first time pass CPL and IR with PAT.
:ok:

pez1
4th Dec 2009, 16:37
I believe CPL/IR pass marks are listed on their website, Professional Air Training: Professional flight training school (http://www.pat.uk.com)

BillieBob
4th Dec 2009, 20:13
I understand that the CAA keeps a record of first time pass rates of all approved training organisations. If they do, are they not obliged to release that information on a request under the freedom of information act?

mrwilko
4th Dec 2009, 20:15
PAT Professional Air Training, and PFT Professional Flight Training are two separate schools, both operating at Bournemouth, both using Duchess for IR.
PFT operate Arrow or Duchess for CPL and PAT use Duchess or Beech Sierra. both have their own FNPT2
PM me for further details.

rhea
7th Dec 2009, 10:12
Thanks guys for all your responses

I will be looking at both schools – but really wanted feedback from previous students – on how they found there training and how much will I need to budget above the minimum hours course – and their experiences they have had while training

@papi-74 – how long ago did you do your training
@mrwilco – can you advise on pass rates at both schools

thanks

GIZZAJOB
7th Dec 2009, 18:21
PAT have the best results at Bournemouth this is a fact , you dont need freedom of information act just walk to the test centre and ask a direct question .
PFT's performance is not great but is probably better than cabair despite cabair students having the biggest gold wings:ok:

rhea
15th Dec 2009, 21:52
I’ve have just found out that PFT has folded as a company! is any of this true!!!!! can the students there shed any more light on this as a fact?

thanks

Whirlygig
15th Dec 2009, 23:29
I’ve have just found out that PFT has folded as a company! is any of this true!!!!!
Not according to Companies House.

Cheers

Whirls

r1flyguy35
16th Dec 2009, 08:48
I trained at PFT

One aircraft, that is all they have, a BE 76, they do have a FNPT2 based on the BE76 which is highly recommended and makes the conversion over to flying the aircraft a very easy transition

I found them friendly and it also helped being in the same location as European, who do the 737-200 MCC,

All in all they did turn out to be very expensive but helpful if nothing else, the limited aircraft is an issue and the Arrow is not an aircraft they have, the loan it off someone else when required.

12bpilot
16th Dec 2009, 10:06
Yes the school has closed!!!

Students were told on Monday and kicked out by the afternoon some are owed large sums of money!!

Lots were let down in terms of not getting training completed some right at the end of the IR training.

And to add insult to injury it seems the simulator is in a different company name and he is now offering training to CTC students!!!:ugh:

r1flyguy35
16th Dec 2009, 10:36
wouldn't have put it past him!

Mike was very money orientated! like i said the plane they had was loaned so had no real assets, the room they breifed in was rented off European, as is the floor space where the FNPT2 is based. that was hie only real outlay... the licence for the the Sim :ugh:

matty31
16th Dec 2009, 14:09
Yeah have to agree very money orientated although what I can't work out is what happened to all the money??

As whirls says the school is still listed with companies house as operating!! which I don't understand as large amounts of money are owed!!!:mad:

I have also heard a rumour that its for sale can't imagine why anyone would buy it though as it has no assets and the name can't be worth much now.

Just wanted to point out that in my opinion the instructors are not to blame in any way and always went above and beyond esp Cliff and Simon.

I now have to work out where on the field to finish my training looking like PAT and back with Mr Rand :ok:

Also I'm very interested to hear from other former PFT students if and by how much they went over the stated course cost as there seems to be a recurring theme with ex PFT students I have spoken to regarding quoted price and actual price PM me if your shy:O

rhea
16th Dec 2009, 18:34
No way!!!!! – This sounds like a nightmare!!:eek:

So who is this mike! I take it he owns PFT? If it’s the same person who I think it is, I did meet him at the FLYER show recently! a very smooth talker!!:yuk:, and from the way he spoke he did say that the training was the best at Bournemouth!! And that’s why the price of the course was a little more than the others at EGHH.

But if he’s done this to you guys, how is the CAA letting him get away with this is or is this not covered by the CAA!!! Or does the CAA not get evolved in these sorts of matters!!:= can they HELP:ugh:or can anyone...:rolleyes:

@ matty 31 – how did you cope with the level of training how far have you got and how long until you to finish!!! Was it up to par or!!! Have you found it difficult to cope with – and did you go over hours by a few hours or lots!!

Thanks

matty31
17th Dec 2009, 08:24
Rhea I found the training with the flight instructors to be good, but the sim training was in hindsight very poor with the basics not being taught correctly this isn't just my opinion but also that of other students and instructors.

Cliff the ex CFI is now at PAT and is well respected on the airfield both by other instructors and the CAA examiners so I will most likely go and finish my training there.

Other students aren't so lucky and are owed large sums of money and have had to put flight training on hold indefinitely!!!

The thing with PFT is that although there website claims they have 5 planes they in fact only have 1 full time plane and that is hired they also advertise a 2:1 ratio of student to instructor and this was never evident in the time I was there.

if you need any further advice pls pm me.

Cheers

Matty

The Old Fat One
18th Dec 2009, 08:37
chaps,

I know nothing whatsoever about this company, but it is common practice in the business world to hold a company in one name and trade it as something different. Letting the hold company go bust and then continuing to trade the original (or something similar) under "new ownership" is known in my neck of the woods as "flipping" the business.

It is entirely legal and it happens every day in all sorts of ways. My gym for example has just been flipped and is now called something else, despite the fact that everything, including the owner, has stayed the same.

Like I said, I have no idea if that is the case with your school, but it might offer an explanation.

Kind of annoying to see the people with your money disappear, only to reappear next day, without you money anymore - it happened to me twice in in two weeks in my previous business.

Caveat Emptor

matty31
18th Dec 2009, 10:02
I'm interested to know if there is any action we the students can take to recover money owing etc??

Is there somewhere we can get some advice about this?

I was under the impression that once a school had closed its doors and was unable to pay its debts then it must cease trading or be committing fraud?

As you can see I am no legal expert.... :confused:

The Old Fat One
18th Dec 2009, 11:54
I'm interested to know if there is any action we the students can take to recover money owing etc??

Find out who the administrator is and register yourself as a creditor. You will then have a legal right to be kept in touch with the winding up of the company and invitations to meetings etc.

You may not get much (any) money back, but it is an education finding out about the murky world of commerce. And you might get the opportunity to vent your spleen at a meeting or two.

JB007
18th Dec 2009, 12:10
PAT are fantastic! Training is top notch!

rhea
18th Dec 2009, 12:30
This sounds like daylight robbery!!!:mad:

As a future student I am now concerned. what stops a company like this taking my money and not providing me the sufficient training I am paying for or even running away with my money while I train. :=

Will the CAA not help!!! :ugh:I would have thought they could do a little more to help or to step-in and protect student pilots in this time of finical crises were today money is so hard to find.

Maybe the police or trading standards would be interested in some of your experiences but I definitely will not be training there now.:rolleyes:

So what should I be looking out for in a training school - and where can I verify and independently check the credentials of the school I wish to train and will they be monitored on a regular basis?

thanks

sony1
18th Dec 2009, 13:24
i am one of those students that has the wool pull over my eyes....we were kicked out on Monday without a reason....

i have paid over £30,000 to this crook - Mike Boulton took my money and didn’t care about my training at all! I am quite angry and at a loss.

Can anyone help me build a case against this man…

mierda
18th Dec 2009, 13:29
If it's any help Flying Time Aviation in Shoreham has arranged a discount for the students that have been let down by the flight school.

If you want further information just PM me.

Robthestudent
18th Dec 2009, 15:05
mierda,

I am intrigued, what is a rescue package??

umbungo
18th Dec 2009, 16:15
Perhaps it’s another shameless plug by 12bpilot….AKA Matty31……AKA mierda???
12bpilot you are at it again and you have been pulled up for it before!

First it was CATS, next it was SKYMATES, then it was PFT. Is it now Flying Time???

:=

rhea
19th Dec 2009, 16:12
@umbungo - explain that last statement please.....i’m a little confused.

PPRuNe Towers
21st Dec 2009, 07:51
The Curse of Google

Read the post on the previous page regarding flipping? Some companies became legendary for it especially in the shark infested worlds of double glazing and furniture.

What has become obvious to us at PPRuNe over the last 18 months is the rapidly growing number of begging letters we receive. Here's part of this week's example:

Dear Sir:
I am writing you to determine if there is anyway I can have a few disparaging threads with reference to my name removed from your site. For the past 5 years have been haunted off and on by very disparaging references to me on your site which unfortunately end up near the top of google search results.

Posts going back 5 years and more are lurking there at the top of google and it's causing a lot of stress for previous devotees of the flippee sect.

If there's a very public front man for an operation there's a whole new research tool for you.

If you have been shafted by the demise of a no assset flippee get the simple unvarnished truth up here and on other forums. Include the flippers name carefully, correctly and Google will be your friend for many years to come.

And sadly it has come to pass again.
More than ten years of warnings ignored.

Don't pay up front.

Pay with a credit card - not a debit card

Never pay by any method to an account in a country other that where the FTO is based. i.e into a Jersey account for a Florida school which has always been a favourite.

Ask questions here and on other forums - why would a no asset operation need significant sums up front?

If you have been shafted state it loud, state it clearly, and get get the flipper's name in twice. New company from the ashes? You might want to mention that as well.

Rob

indyk
21st Dec 2009, 16:29
Well I thought I might add my thoughts about PFT – all the instructors and student that have been there for the last 6months will know who I am and will know my feelings at the moment. So I’m going to hide behind any login names.

As a potential airline student and as an individual coming from an academic background that has had no previous aviation knowledge, I tried to do as much research in training providers as possible. On doing so I narrowed my choices to a few options. PFT then became my final choice, as I was told I was going to get the best training in England, and like many of you I embarked on a journey that will finally result in becoming an airline pilot. (Or so I thought). I started my modular training at PFT at PPL level and have watch patiently while I complete my ground ATPL’s . If I had known that my training was going to be like this I defiantly would have gone elsewhere. If it wasn't for a few individuals that kept my going at the school I wouldn’t have continued with my training and left my dream in aviation.

Reading some of the previous posts above - I have had 1st hand experience and seen some of the unjust demands made by the so called capt Bolton.

From the 1st day I started at PFT the so called capt Mike Bolton has never been truthful in his convictions, actions or his words with me or with any of other students or instructors that have been through this training organisation.

All training pilots and instructors from any respected flight school know that a structure is fundamental and the 1st few hours in the FNPT simulator lay the foundation bricks for your all important instrument ratting. Along with experienced teaching, it’s essential that you receive continuity in such a vital time of your training. So as a Capitan who has a flight school orientated on IR and CPL you would have thought these facts would be the embedded in the foundation of your school!

With capt Bolton repeated telling us that the so called other schools on the EGHH air field like PAT, BCFT and others @EGHH had a history of ripping students off and moving the goal posts. As well this he’d never fly with the CFI of BCFT capt Plews if he were a student, and was not to be trusted. Since then I have talked to capt Plews and found him to be well organised, proficient and quite competent although a little eccentric.(a cool look in my books)

The miracle glue that held the school together was the previous CFI “Mr. rand” who is well respected by EGHH, us and is sorely missed. He should have never been treated so badly. A thank you also goes to Wilko, Tracy and Maria.

But if you so called cynics and sceptics need any verification on how the students or instructors were treated, I am willing to talk to you face to face or by phone. I’m willing to put you straight on some FACTs on how bad the training and how the escalation of cost was engineered to stretch your patients and bank to the maximum potential. Just email me here for my phone no. or any questions.

matty31
21st Dec 2009, 17:49
nothing to do with me I am off to PAT in Jan to finnish my training!!!

1 post I see umbungo :cool:

Matty

matty31
30th Dec 2009, 09:49
As mentioned by PPRUNE TOWERS wanted to make sure those search tags get logged.

The School is Professional Flight Training the owner is Mike Boulton he also owns Simulator training services.

IMHO. You would be crazy to go near this school, Please really do your research not just on the hearsay of other students who may be embarrassed or unable due to pressure from the school to tell you whats going on , but by checking here on PPRUNE and maybe even speaking with the CAA staff examiners although they prob wont tell you directly they will give in my experience some good advice.

Although the advice is always not to pay up front this can be impossible when taking out a Career development loan as the money is payed directly to the school this was the case with one of the students at PFT she now faces paying back a loan for training she hasn't received!!!

All of this is wonderful in hindsight though:ugh:

Just hope 2010 is better year for both ex PFT and the rest of the aviation world.... couldn't get much worse... don't answer that www...

Robthestudent
30th Dec 2009, 11:27
Matty,

I agree with you, people should not invest large sums of money into these organisations, there is no need. Hindsight is a wonderful thing however trawling back through time Mr Boulton has had the benefit of the financial acumen of one Mr Colin Greed (sft now cabair, enogh said) and Mr Tony Kember ex chief flt examiner for caafu and one time owner of Examiner's training agency (shame on you CAA) . De ja vous really as usual it is the innocent people who have to pick up the pieces,

i hope 2010 is a better year for everyone,

Rob

no sponsor
31st Dec 2009, 08:14
Never pay upfront. Ever. The only time I ever paid upfront was on attending Bristol Ground School, which is sort of understandable as you have to pay to get the ATPL manuals.

I would recommend PAT. It is a pay-as-you-go school. In fact, on quite a few occasions, I owed them money!

There are so many on here who have been to PAT that their reputation is second to none.

go around flaps15
31st Dec 2009, 09:03
Or try BCFT they are right beside PAT on the airport, you also do not have to pay any money up front. Just pay as you go. I was very happy there. I think they are slightly cheaper too, but dont quote me on it. Much of a muchness though really when it comes to these two outfits.

davey147
1st Jan 2010, 13:15
A lot of people recommend Professional Air Training (PAT) so the training/service must be fairly good.

I personally wouldnt train there, because I found their staff extremely abrupt and rude at the Flyer show I attended a few months ago, sadly I couldnt remember their names, otherwise I would have complained, Collinson rings a bell but im not sure.

I have a friend who trained with CATS then Professional Flight Training (PFT), he didnt have any problems with them and works for Ryanair now.

G SXTY
3rd Jan 2010, 09:43
How many times does it have to be said? Never, ever, pay large sums of money upfront for flying training. Ever.

There is no genuine reason for any flight school to demand pre-payment for flying courses, and it should ring alarm bells loudly and clearly if they do. It is fair and reasonable to keep your account in credit, but even at IR prices, that should require no more than £600-700 per day. Ideally by credit card.

For what it’s worth, I also trained at Professional AIR Training (PAT). First time IR pass in close to minimum hours, at the quoted price and within the expected timescale. Recommended by the school for 2 airline interviews (in happier times, alas), now flying Dash 8s. If I had one criticism of the operation, it’s that if anything, some students felt we were being overtrained – which is an expensive luxury in a Duchess. No doubt the school would immediately point to their first time pass rates as justification.

I say again, never pay more than you need to to keep your account in credit.

turbine100
4th Jan 2010, 06:40
Try flying time at Shoreham who use Diamond DA40 / DA42 Glass Cockpit A/C and have a brand new DA42 sim.

There CPL / IR courses are a lot cheaper then the Duchess operators like PAT / BCFT.

A few of the operators that have hired in the past 1 - 2 years sometimes had a preference for glass and got a few people I personally know through to interview just on this and jobs with some private / public operations. Although right now no one will be hiring.

Potentially this year could also see more training organisations going out of business if last year less people did enter into the arena of ATPL exam study, class 1 medicals or were unable to obtain financing required from the banks to train and decided to choose other career paths for the time being.

Like the previous posts, don't pay upfront, use credit card and only top up when you owe them money.

Good luck

indyk
6th Jan 2010, 00:44
guys....

yes PAT is a good school but were talking about PFT!!!!....

i know everyone says dont pay up front - but when taking out a Career development loan for training the banks/your money is payed directly to the school.

so how do we get round this issue - as some of my friends that trained here are in a bad way!!

hmmm and the idea of keeping students in the sim and not brining them up to a fair standard just so to stretch it out make as much money as possible is truly despicable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and what will the CAA do about Professional Flight Training and Simulator training services as the owner is Mike Boulton is still trading - surely the CAA would be interested in the standard of teaching and would ask questions why and how is a school aloud to operate in this manor, and would ask how other schools @ EGHH have had the task of picking up the pieces and bringing the ex students up to CAA standards (thanks to PAT and BCFT).

davey147..... suggested that you ask your friend at ryanair how much more he had to pay to get his IR at PFT as no one i know has ever been anywhere near there initial quoted figure time or price + 15-20% - at the moment its running at 50-100% on top of the minimum quoted figure hours+price.

and yes CATS is a very good ground school!!! probably one of the best!!! as I'm there doing my ATPLs at the mo!!!!

eyealess
6th Jan 2010, 08:44
Try Airways Flight Training Exeter. Unbelievable training.Got me through in 5 weeks for IR. They are the school of choice for mili chaps doing civil conversions, but they do a modular course as well.

Check out the instructors backgrounds. Tells a story. Lovely people, who really treat you nicely. Dont worry you wont be paired with Red 1 or 5!. I went their due to bad experience at Bournemouth. Actually considered chucking it all in.

AFT got me back in the seat,gave me belief, and on my test, was congratulated on a very confident and assured flight.
AFT did not ask for a penny from me untill after flight test. Their reason being that they did not want to impart any additional stress on student throughout there training.

Phone them and ask for Brian. :ok:

matty31
7th Jan 2010, 10:45
Have a friend who went from pft to Airways Exeter to complete his CPL and couldn't believe the difference in the standard of training he really wishes he had done the IR there after having problems at pft.

My only concern personally is learning a new airport and some new routes so far on in my training :ugh:

As for not paying up front in a previous post I luckily didn't but a friend who took out a CDL had no choice as the loan is paid directly to the school she now has to pay back the loan without having completed her IR!!

Matty

wangus
12th Jan 2010, 11:20
As a former PFT student, I am very surprised to hear the news. Agree with an earlier comment that Cliff Rand was a tremendous asset to the school. His instruction was the best I've ever come across. I feel for the students who have lost out. I had a bad experience in the past with OFT. Needlessly spent £5000. I know the sick to the stomach feeling. Best wishes to the students affected. You will come through it, though as I'm still unemployed 24 months on, is it worth it?? Unfortunately, the advice "never pay up front" seems to fall on deaf yeras. Funnily enough, when I trained, I paid in £2000 installments, no problem. Clearly M.B. changed his policy. Keep your chins up guys.

r1flyguy35
12th Jan 2010, 12:57
I trained there back in 2007 and had the pleasure of Mr Rand as my instructor and I took no crap off MB from the start, especially as the do not pay loads up front had been doing the rounds for as long as I could recall and I basically went along the lines of 'pay as you go' even though i was paying over £1000 every other day, I preferred it to be in my account than his.
There seemed to be too many students start for the slots available on the one aircraft too, hence the feel of MB being money orientated rather than student needs/requirements.

He didn't just treat his students this way there was a lovely and helpful female member of staff there at the time, anyone remember her 'Liz' he treated her just as bad, she did so much PR work and development for him and she left in the end because of bad treatment and failing to be paid.

The one good thing I would say was, MB was true to his word that should I have got an interview for an airline he would provide an hour in the sim FOC and he did, even offered a discounted price should i want to go and have more time in the 737-200, I know this was owned and run by European as I did my MCC with them.

Other than that I wish all those that have been so badly let down all the luck with completing their training.

matty31
13th Jan 2010, 15:06
I think it was probably only Cliff, Simon and Tracy making the school work and once cliff was sacked things went horribly wrong.

Cheers Matty

wangus
13th Jan 2010, 19:22
Cliff sacked??? Was Cliff sacked for standing up for what's right and putting student's welfare before Mike's profit by any chance???

matty31
19th Jan 2010, 09:05
You would have to ask Cliff of the exact details... but along those lines I believe.....:ugh:

Cirrus_Clouds
19th Jan 2010, 09:25
To be honest, if people are still paying large deposit's up front for a licence, whether CPL/ME or IR, you are nuts and can expect to loose it!

Take every business as a pince of salt and YOU control your money flow i.e. PAY AS YOU GO or even in very small lump sumps, in separate amounts. :ugh:

This is exactly what I'm doing and I've taken action to minimise money I have in a flying account, in case of the worst ever happening - which you can never tell, but better to be safe than sorry! ... in short, I wouldn't loose much if a company went under!

The Ginger Prince
8th Feb 2010, 16:00
Just discovered this thread - as a former student I am sadly not surprised to hear what has happened. Indeed I haven't flown since I left there. Thoroughly demoralised by the whole experience. I truly hope that the guys and gals who are out of pocket get some recompense.

This kind of thing is a national embarassment and the CAA should view it as such.:*

Good luck to all who have been wronged.

Robthestudent
9th Feb 2010, 15:22
Ginger,

Sorry to hear about your experiences, however Mike does come from the same line of crooks as Colin Green, Tony Kember etc...all plied their trade at SFT, and in the case of Kember his was the chief flight examiner for many years. Hence the reason the CAA do not want to get involved, I believe they are as culpable as the three amigos and if they had any sense of morality would have shut PFT down ages ago when you consider the first time pass rate was 5%.

There is a story circulating that a student of PFT paid £5k+ into their account in the form of a cdl, this person has now got a huge debt and nothing to show for it, sadly in a situation like this the person would have no option but to deposit the monies directly to the company.

Rob

indyk
15th Feb 2010, 06:22
As being one of the victims I can say this smooth talking confidence man mike bolton as a CFI hasn't got a clue about students or teaching in or out the of sim - what kind of sim instructor takes £200 per hour from a student and doesn't pay any attention to what he's teaching at that time because he's texting and playing with the mobile phone - not giving briefs before the session or any de-briefs after - this substandard level of teaching will always guarantee that the students run over budget and time - the students never had a chance!!!!

And that people!! will be enforced by the students of past, present and CAA examiners at bournemouth and they can all give you there independent opinions on PFT - so if your thinking about training at PFT or at STS for your IR or revalidation ASK someone!!!!!! Ask the schools and the instructors on the air field who have had to pick up the pieces and shattered dreams and try to rebuild them for the students.....

So never mind the amount for cash he owes the current full time students - if the rumours are correct and tony kember and his irish friends are going to buy PFT and then proceed to keep mike boulton as head of training for the 1st year - then we all need to watch out!!!

So, we need to ask the CAA, if there going to let mike boulton and friends get away with this so called excellent standard of teaching again!!!! 'taking massive amounts of money for massively over budget unfinished IR's and CPL's..... (Where the average IR from scratch will cost you in the region of £27,000 and FAA conversions in the region of 20hours in the sim and costing £9,000)......a lot of pain and heart ace'...I'd call it day light robbery!!!!!!!!

But don't take my word for it!!! My suggestion would be ask the ATPL ground schools and overseas partners, the current and past sets of students, the staff, FI's that have been turfed out and the recent set of CAA examiners to give you their opinions on this situation, the company, man they call mike boulton....and although the quotes from other the schools may look more expensive on paper they'll save you so much more in the long run!!!!

matty31
16th Feb 2010, 19:08
Does anyone know if the CAA have done anything about this?

I spoke with the examiners just after the school closed and found them to be very approachable and helpful just thought that perhaps someone further up the food chain might have taken a look at this considering how much we pay in fee's etc.

can't imagine why anyone would want to buy this school as it has a bad name and no assets!

Robthestudent
17th Feb 2010, 10:23
It does surprise that Tony Kember is involved, what surprises and disappoints me is that Mike Edgeworth is alledgedly involved in the new stitch up.

The CAA's lack of action has been nothing short of disgraceful, how can they allow Mike Boulton to continue in business.

Mr Boulton, if you had any sense of dignity give these people back their money...I don't know how you can sleep at night!!

matty31
19th Feb 2010, 09:04
Does anyone know which CAA department I can complain to about the school and the way we students have been treated I have plenty of witnesses to back up the evidence!!! Or would we be better seeking legal advice?

Cheers

Matty

sion22
19th Feb 2010, 09:45
From an earlier post in here:

Find out who the administrator is and register yourself as a creditor. You will then have a legal right to be kept in touch with the winding up of the company and invitations to meetings etc.

You may not get much (any) money back, but it is an education finding out about the murky world of commerce. And you might get the opportunity to vent your spleen at a meeting or two.

Contact a solicitor today - not tomorrow!

Some students sit at home hoping it will get better. Why will it?
Have the solicitor contact the other students too.
Each of you giving your account of events to the solicitor may cost you £200 in total maybe?
Then copy correspondence to the CAA of the events that you relate to the solicitor. Choose a Bournemouth one.
Each of you individuals are thinking the same thing at home: Maybe if you keep quiet you will get compensated - fat chance!

And if you contact a solicitor today you still might not get compensated but at least its recorded officially and you might get some sense of closure and put this behind you

indyk
23rd Feb 2010, 18:17
we the resent hard done by students are asking for all that have trained with PFT to come forward and to give your accounts for how your training went, so that i may document these as proof to the CAA.

just email me here for my direct email address.

thanks

indyk
19th Mar 2010, 05:24
Thanks for all your emails so far guys - much appreciated - will get back to you all asap after my exams - now that we have a plan in action...

also a big thanks goes to all the other schools that have had to pick up the students and try and clean up the mess that this school, which may I add is still ripping others off going and trading at European aviation!!!

pilotonthebeach
19th Mar 2010, 11:18
Hi Matt

You could try complaining 'on mass' to 'FTO Approvals' however I think they will only point out they administer to a safety, structure, and compliance but not the financial running of FTO's.

Something for the future, would be to have all schools pay into a scheme such as ATOL or ABTA but for schools, as a catch net for the unsuspecting.
inturn pushing the price of training up!

And yes the school still owes me money too.

wangus
20th Mar 2010, 17:13
I received this "out of the blue" email last week! Nearly fell off my chair!

Dear Everbody,
I hope you are all well and working hard to get your flying jobs. I know some of you have already. I am making contact with you to remind you not to let your IR lapse especially if it is your first revalidation. This can be done in the simulator which I am offering at a special rate for ex PFT students. You can also revalidate 3 months before your rating lapses. If you want to contact me my mobile is 07799887xxx. Or email. I am available evenings and weekends as well as during the day.
Kind Regards
Mike Boulton ( HOT )

Kestral101
24th Mar 2010, 11:46
Its funny how Mike actually thinks ex PFT students would now go back and give him repeat business! If any thing, he should find a decent and capable instructor to train in the sim, and offer ex PFT students a free reval/renew at the very least. That is after he has returned all monies owed!

But that wouldn't pay for the new 50' yacht would it? :ugh:

Kes