PDA

View Full Version : Hevi lift (PNG ) Limited.

catseye
2nd Dec 2009, 23:00
Heard there is a public notice in the PNG National on 02 Dec from Deloitte advising Hevi Lift PNG Limited is in voluntary liquidation.

Anyone seen it?? :\

goose0201
3rd Dec 2009, 22:17
yes, have viewed it, rumour in PNG is that HNG is looking at a buy out, Bromly wants it back i think

Sweetey
4th Jan 2012, 05:40
Yes but, theres alot of good things being said about thev company itself and how opperation wise seems to cover the asia pacific?

Whats the go with the frequent change in Management (Chief Pilot) in Hagen ???

Any news???:bored: :oh:

Heliringer
4th Jan 2012, 06:00
Do they ever recruit Co-pilots for the 76s or 412s?

205jack
5th Jan 2012, 09:15
I was always given the impression that Hevi Lift was part of the Swire Group who owned a bit of Cathay but thats probably old news or maybe incorrect altogether. I'm sure someone can enlighten me. Saw lots of good drivers come from there over the years

gulliBell
7th Jan 2012, 23:41
..Whats the go with the frequent change in Management (Chief Pilot) in Hagen ???

News to me, the same management team has been in place for quite some time now...

gulliBell
7th Jan 2012, 23:47
Do they ever recruit Co-pilots for the 76s or 412s?

There are no S76's in PNG. Regarding B412, their clients have stringent requirements for flight crew. As far as I know they tend to hire experienced pilots with command experience who they can comfortably slot into co-pilot positions to get the experience on type required to move over to Captain positions. Also helps to get hired if you're a Bro. from NZ :oh:

heliduck
27th Apr 2012, 21:58
Reviving an old thread, any updates on Hevilift?

I've been offered a few gigs in PNG in the last few weeks(Hevilift isn't one of them) & I'm trying to get the lay of the land regarding operators before I jump, i.e. - who has the work, who is likely to keep the work, & who pays their bills!

gulliBell
28th Apr 2012, 00:23
I've been offered a few gigs in PNG in the last few weeks(Hevilift isn't one of them) & I'm trying to get the lay of the land regarding operators before I jump

Without knowing which operators in particular you've been offered gigs with....

If you've worked in PNG before then you probably know nothing much changes there and what you already know is probably still the case. If you haven't worked in PNG before all I can say is all operators there have their "issues" to some extent. Like anywhere, some employers might be preferred over others if given a choice, for a variety of reasons.

It is the wild west up there so just be mindful that the "rules" so to speak get treated with a liberal dose of operational flexibility...and of course for longevity always have a plan B behind you in case plan A in front of you fails.

Night Beetle
28th Apr 2012, 01:31
www.heviliftgroup.com

nuthin
28th Apr 2012, 02:52
Is PNG still a month on month off gig? Are most crews based out of Oz and NZ. Heard of a few Canucks working there recently?

Heliringer
28th Apr 2012, 03:35
Nuthin,

It's 28 On 28 Off. You work 28 days straight on your swing and travel on your days off back home.

gulliBell
28th Apr 2012, 09:12
I..Are most crews based out of Oz and NZ...

Overwhelming represented by New Zealunders, based in either Oz or Jandal-land.

212_Nightdipper
28th Apr 2012, 09:54
Hello Gullibell,

Do they hire pilots with a JAA license as well?....I've applied directly from the PNG website many times...never an answer (not even a NO THANK YOU one)...2000 flt hrs total and 1600 on 212/412's....maybe not enought??..:ugh:

Regards

Epiphany
28th Apr 2012, 13:14
If you had a CASA or NZCAA licence and Australian or NZ residency you might have a chance. Applying from Europe with a JAA licence - no.

gulliBell
28th Apr 2012, 13:16
...pick up the phone and call them, that's the best way of getting noticed above all the others. Any brand license will work to start with whilst you jump through the (simple) hoops of getting a PNG license. 2000 hours is a bit marginal on experience but you never know your luck, being in the right place at the right time etc. is the key.

However the reality of the situation is economics....more likely cheaper to tour someone from NZ than from EU, and it's the cheapest option which will be most appealing to most PNG employers. Particularly considering the operators up there tend to cut each others throats with contract rates and there's very little margin for needlessly expensive airfares.

170'
28th Apr 2012, 15:11
Is MM still CP in Hagen?
Thanks...

gulliBell
28th Apr 2012, 22:26
Is MM still CP in Hagen?.

Yes.......

170'
8th May 2012, 09:26
Belated Thanks GB...

What-ho Squiffy!
27th May 2012, 12:26
Swire had a stake several years back, but HL bought the stake back. Swire no longer involved.