PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Route Charts

JaredYng
2nd Dec 2009, 21:47
Does anyone have access to any expired helicopter route charts that they might be looking to get rid of?

I've never actually seen one and I'd like to have one to show my students when I finally pass my CFI.

I'm well aware that I could buy one but I figured I'd just ask to see if anyone could help first. Thanks!

Gordy
2nd Dec 2009, 23:07
Go to the link below and once it has opened, click on the box on the top of the chart area that says "LA West Heli". You can click in the chart and move it around too.

Sky Vector Charts (http://skyvector.com/#55-114-3-2605-1058)

Also, hold your mouse pointer over any "green" circles, and it will bring up the current weather....cool huh? This are the things they do not teach you in flight school....

JaredYng
3rd Dec 2009, 17:19
Thanks that's great info.

Problem is they block the sites we can visit at school so I was hoping to get an old paper version. Thanks though.

Gordy
3rd Dec 2009, 17:23
What school are you going to that blocks Skyvector, an aviation information site? I think I would be asking some questions.

Mungo5
3rd Dec 2009, 19:17
As a semi-related question..

How wide, in nm, are the Heli Routes on the ground (if at all)? Are they like Victor airways, i.e. 4nm either side - but obviously don't extend vertically as much as they're often through Class B or C airspace.

IIRC the FAR/AIM says they only represent a ground reference or words to that effect.

TIA.
m5

Azhigher
4th Dec 2009, 03:57
Jared, just go buy one already. Gateway pilot shop!

-Joel

JaredYng
4th Dec 2009, 22:54
Joel,

You know, Christmas is right around the corner ;)

After all I did give you your first 1 of 5!

RaymondKHessel
5th Dec 2009, 00:10
This (http://wikirfm.cyclicandcollective.net/about-wikirfm/helicopter-route-chart/) is a screen shot of the KSLC heli route chart. If you download the NACCO book, you can figure out the symbology.

Try using a proxy server to get by your school's censorship.

JaredYng
5th Dec 2009, 05:50
I can get to other sites because I know how to get around it but it's frowned upon and I don't really want to teach students things the school doesn't approve.

I'd like to keep my job if/when I finally get hired!

cayuse365
5th Dec 2009, 18:57
The new New York City Helicopter route chart is out and costs $5.50