PDA

View Full Version : MCC course before CPL issue??

diamondda42
2nd Dec 2009, 19:26
Hi there,

Hopefully a reasonably easy question to answer...........

I have passed the CPL and IR skill tests within the last couple of months, and having the license issued is just a case of popping along to the CAA within the the next few weeks. (modular course by the way)

Am i able to take and complete an MCC course before the license is issued or do I have to have the license in my hand before I start?

Cheers!:ok:

punk666
2nd Dec 2009, 19:45
I was in the same situation back in april, You just have to have proof you passed the skills test the IR I mean.

At the end of the MCC they will give you a certificate and thats it. In fact what I did was send off the cpl+ir papers to the CAA at the same time I did my MCC and everything was fine, and we had the CAA inspector come in for the day.

Hope it helps !!

Pilot RatBoy
2nd Dec 2009, 20:09
I'm in the same boat here, I haven't applied for my licence yet yet am still halfway through my MCC. All I needed to do was forward copies of my pass certificates for CPL/IR.

Ps. Twinstars rock!

culloden
3rd Dec 2009, 21:05
If you are not on an integrated course then Lasors state a requirement of " PPL/IR or CPL/IR holders" prior to commencing the MCC course.
So if you commence the course without holding an IR rating in your licence then the course is invalid.
Be warned.

Parson
4th Dec 2009, 09:40
Chap on my mcc course hadn't sat his IR skills test yet, though he had completed his training.

cpt bligh
4th Dec 2009, 11:09
forwarding a copy of your IR skills test should be sufficient

moo747
4th Dec 2009, 13:03
It changed in September this year and now you have to have your IR issued on licence before starting the course.

EGTCtraining
4th Dec 2009, 14:23
GUYS IT IS VERY IMPORTANT that if you are completing you training along a modular route that you have your IR ISSUED (thats a printed licence from the CAA in your hand) before you start any MCC course. It is a JAR-FCL requirement and is detailed to this effect in LASORS.

Schools have recently been informed (via letter) by the CAA that MCC's carried out before an IR has been issued will be deemed invalid and schools have all been asked to take copies of a students licence before they start an MCC course - these must then be kept on record at the school.

Intergrated students are a different story and at an approved intergrated school, these students can complete their MCC before any of their licences are issued.

Any questions contact the CAA, read this http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/Section%20F%20-%20TYPE%20AND%20CLASS%20RATING%20(AEROPLANES%20AND%20HELICOP TERS).pdf (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/Section%20F%20-%20TYPE%20AND%20CLASS%20RATING%20%28AEROPLANES%20AND%20HELIC OPTERS%29.pdf)