PDA

View Full Version : something is stirring in town!?

yesterday please
8th Sep 2001, 00:27
There is talk of breaking news in town. Nothing concrete yet, but important enough for those in places to want to pre-empt leaks. Ears to the ground, and read the papers. :confused:

Open Minded
8th Sep 2001, 00:42
...Concurr.....high paid help want to tell the story first. I don't think it is imminent or they would have made a move today. We can only guess.

Rude C'man
8th Sep 2001, 00:53
Well Ive heard of dangling a carrot but bloody hell boys if you have a rumour then go ahead spill the beans, that's why we all read this site any jo public can read the bloody papers!

Open Minded
8th Sep 2001, 01:08
Apologise for the carrot. If I knew some detail I would share it. All I know is that briefings were announced and cancelled today; with no overt explanation.

Open Minded
8th Sep 2001, 01:16
Saif Sarrea canx????????????

hmmmm maybe not

yesterday please
8th Sep 2001, 01:25
Wishfull thinking for some........not for others. Some aspects may be positive. Depends what you are doing.

Rumours about sqn badges maybe.

Talking Radalt
8th Sep 2001, 01:34
Squadron Badges??!!!
The nation holds it's collective breath...not!
Yet again the finger of importance rests firmly on the pulse of reality :rolleyes:

yesterday please
8th Sep 2001, 01:47
Read last as possible disbandment of a sqn to cater for shortage of aircrew to run it.

I'll use simpler language next time.

BHP
8th Sep 2001, 02:48
Delaying EFA by 3 years as there will be no pilots and it won't work anyway!

Hairdefender
8th Sep 2001, 16:54
Rumors of V(AC)'s imminent disdandment, due to lack of aircrew, have been circulating for some time.

Yozzer
8th Sep 2001, 19:03
Should that have been 4(ac) sqn??

Rumour has it an NI Puma sqn will die when the Wessex bows out early in 2002.

Though in this case I think lack of interest is nearer the mark. First in last out is the latest I believe, but wash my mouth out for mentoning it. OOps , sorry sir ;)

only1leftmate!
9th Sep 2001, 02:07
or a reduction in the size of the AT fleet?

SATCOS WHIPPING BOY
9th Sep 2001, 02:31
Keep it to yourselves but it was all to do with 'controllers pay'. We will be getting and extra £17.59 per day as Area Radar Controllers and £12.46 in the Terminal world (unless PTC where it will be £1.62.
The reason for the secrecy is because the Fighter Controllers will only get £0.24.
On a similar note I understand that all controllers at a certain RAF base have voluntarily given back last months pay so that they can retain their 'amateur status'!!! Hello Leeming!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :D :D

Whipping Boy's SATCO
9th Sep 2001, 11:48
SWB, congratulations, you've just been posted to a staff job at High Wycombe.

Sorry, its a ground tour.........

SATCOS WHIPPING BOY
9th Sep 2001, 18:33
WBS, great, when do I start? :eek:
Does this mean I will have to change my name :confused:

ADIS5000
9th Sep 2001, 19:32
Dear Deluded Air Traffickers,
Everybody knows that Controllers pay is intended to be a retention incentive for those highly skilled, extremely handsome and very witty professionals of the Fighter Control branch.

Any dribbler can give clearance across the active. :D :D I therefore believe that Controllers pay will be subsidised by an ATC salary cut. (Let me know when I should duck!) Hoorah and God Bless rumour control.

By the way, nice carrot and well dangled

:p

Cheers ADIS :cool:

Whipping Boy's SATCO
9th Sep 2001, 19:41
ADIS 5000, a most cunning plan. Hasn't anyone told you there's no more fighters to play with?

:p :p :p

[ 09 September 2001: Message edited by: Whipping Boy's SATCO ]

arfurmoth
9th Sep 2001, 23:42
having read the papers it seems that the impending global economic disaster has meant that 2 sqns of fast jets, 1 helo outfit and both hercules are to be mothballed. Since this acounts for 82.3% of operational ac, the need for fighter controllers and ATC has been removed. The ops spt branch has been shut down with the exception of 2 air cdrs (obviously) and the rest of the RAF is on detachment. However, in an attempt to stop the flood of aircrew moving to highly paid consultancy roles in the new European Aviation Agency, flying pay has been tripled, pensioned and all backdated to the day you joined.........or did I dream it.....

Big Green Arrow
10th Sep 2001, 00:49
Arfurmoth....where did you get those excellent pills from?

Hengist Pod
10th Sep 2001, 09:55
Someone should tell that fighter controller that this is a forum for aircrew.

EESDL
10th Sep 2001, 13:23
hengist Pod
Perhaps the FC has got an 'FC' Brevet and actualy thinks that being driven around the sky for hours on end, eating donuts, actually justifies the wearing of it?
Doesn't he realize that that takes take skill and the ability to fit into a liferaft!!??

Mystic Greg
10th Sep 2001, 23:54
Are doughnuts back on Waddington's In Flight Catering menu then? They were on about 4 years ago and very good they were too! As were the blueberry muffins. In Flight Catering was a real centre of excellence and I could continue to extol their achievements - and the fine selection of pies on offer.

But I digress from the main point of this thread....if indeed there is one.

SATCOS WHIPPING BOY
11th Sep 2001, 00:33
Dear Adis5000
I bow to your superior knowledge in knowing what 'active' means. The majority of FCs I have seen have most definately been of the 'passive' variety :D

BTW where is this 'highly skilled, extremely handsome and very witty professional' you speak of?
:p

ps DUCK ;)

Fay Deck
11th Sep 2001, 00:59
With all of this witty banter flowing thick and fast between the FCs and ATCs perhaps its time to invoke the old plan to make the two branches swap jobs. This was proposed after somebody realised that ATCs are supposed to keep aircraft apart, but don't, and FCs are supposed to bring them together, but don't. Make them swap jobs and the problem is solved instantly.
I'm sure there is an older joke out there somewhere and, before some wise a?se jumps in first, its not me.
Fay.

Tiger_mate
11th Sep 2001, 01:14
Yesterday Please said:

There is talk of breaking news in town. Nothing concrete yet, but important enough for those in places to want to pre-empt leaks. Ears to the ground, and read the papers.

Your ears get cold at this time of year keeping them on the ground like this! Is there any news or is this a troll to get aircrew keeping alive a healthy thread talking about nothing. Using the "No smoke without fire" theory, can you spread a little more specific gossip?

TM (in anticipation) :rolleyes:

Hairdefender
12th Sep 2001, 23:14
Sorry Yozzer the mention of the mighty F3 even indirectly by saying V Sqn obviously roused the FC from his catatonic state