PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific

MATMAX
1st Dec 2009, 15:12
Hi Guys,
Is there anybody here who is working for CX ?
Tks.

spannersatcx
1st Dec 2009, 18:42
yep.......:ok:

sinkingship
2nd Dec 2009, 11:40
I hear the A checks are going back to HK and no more Midland contract.

N1 Vibes
3rd Dec 2009, 04:44
Not heard that, but if I was in LHR and wanting to spread a rumour, then that would be the one to put the willies up people...

sinkingship
3rd Dec 2009, 09:53
Hope i'm wrong.

spannerhead
3rd Dec 2009, 16:12
31st December will be the last input of a CX aircraft in the BD hangar, all 'A checks' going to Hong Kong. 40 or so BD engineers will be made redundant, mechs, B1 and B2's, also the hangar based CX staff. Last man out has already been told to turn the lights off.

N1 Vibes
7th Dec 2009, 01:54
Sadly my optimism has run out this morning when I read the weekly update announcing the LHR A-check closure.....

Alledgedly the Top-Neddy in CX that did the sums to close the A-check operation, forgot to factor in the fact that when you have a big aeroplane thingy in LHR that is not in a hangar having an A-check, that you have to pay somebody else to park it.......oh and the fact that your very expensive aeroplane asset thingy is costing you money when it's not flying.

But then again I'm no Top-Neddy and am not likely to win any awards for using CDF when making expensive and emotional decisions.

Yours Saddened,

N1 Vibes :(

PS - Wishing the Boys in LHR some better luck....

stormin norman
8th Dec 2009, 17:57
How many CX guys to go and how many left at LHR ?

spannersatcx
9th Dec 2009, 11:40
Not known, currently in consultation phase.

spannersatKL
9th Dec 2009, 21:02
Well don't hold yer breath....it'll be a done deal before they start the 'consultation' farce...I mean process.......Sorry to hear a great bunch of highly skilled guys getting shafted..... again

N1 Vibes
10th Dec 2009, 00:16
Unfortunately there are up to about a dozen guy's in the hangar on the CX side.....but there are the more than 30 mechs that BMI provide every day to consider as well - but CX won't include them in the "consultation".