PDA

View Full Version : atlantic flight centre cork

peterpan111
1st Dec 2009, 13:14
just want to get a bit of feedback on atlantic in cork.i'm thinking of starting my flight training again after doing a bit years ago.i am hearing bad things about PTC but i also heard that atlantic isnt as good as it was.hope thats not the case as it would mean having 2 go abroad

737-500
1st Dec 2009, 14:27
I finished my training at Atlantic a few months ago. I did all my training there and would have nothing but good things to say about them. The quality of the training and aircraft was excellent and the majority of the instructors were very good also. The only minor thing that used to bug me was scheduling issues at times but now a 5th C172 has arrived so that should help.

As for hearing that it's not as good as it was, I don't know, a lot changes in 6 months. There are a few instructors teaching CPL/IR that were not when I was there. Remember at the end of the day its your money and if your not happy with an instructor tell the CFI you don't want to fly with them, and that applies to any school you go to:ok:

Fitnesspilot737
1st Dec 2009, 20:17
Im starting at Atlantic in a few weeks to convert my FAA CPL IR. Top outfit. More than helpful and lots of attention to detail when it comes to the student.

skylarker1983
2nd Dec 2009, 14:30
Heard nothing but good about Atlantic from various poeple i've met in the past 2 years. Very little info on here about them, which is a good sign!:ok:

paulslats
8th Apr 2013, 17:06
Hey all, seen a thread on saturday however it has since been removed which wasnt exactly Atlantic Flight Centre Cork friendly. Someone was giving out about the school and how very little former students have jobs and about the planes etc.

I have been down to the school and I could nt disagree more, the staff and school looks excellent. The staff seem to be willing to go that extra bit to help out just because they care, unlike many expensive pilot schools like FTE and Oaa.

Is there any past students , especially from the Integrated coarse willing to comment either way?????? feel free to PM me, would love to hear any feed back as I am due to start training there at the end of the year.!

macflea
8th Apr 2013, 18:58
not again , it was an interesting thread, there was nothing wrong with it ,its amazing that schools can remove a thread that they don't like, who is running this website . i thought this was a forum that we could discuss our experiances and share our views of flight schools, but we are being censored , there was nothing defammatory or negative in it.

paulslats
8th Apr 2013, 19:10
I totally agree, it was just somebody giving their opinion, which as you stated is the reason we all use this forum. As I said I am thinking of training at Atlantic and so want to hear all feedback, whether it be good or bad.

My experience was very good, however I am finding it hard to get in contact with any past Integrated students.

dwshimoda
8th Apr 2013, 20:25
It may not be the school or the Mods who have removed it. If the original poster deletes their original post, then the whole thread will disappear.

As someone who posted twice on that thread and thought the OP (G-IFLY if I remember correctly) was being a bit blinkered, perhaps they decided simply to remove it themselves as they didn't like what a couple of contributors posted?

Just a thought - it could well have been at the complaint of the School or The Mods.

DW.

PigeonVoyageur
9th Apr 2013, 04:47
I wonder if AFTA (Cork) has the same clout as an airline (who we know) to have the Mods removing postings on the school and to prevent any further postings.

There wasn't anything defamatory in this post and people have the right to have different opinions. He was just being challenged on some of his remarks - which was in total contradiction to what we know of AFTA (paulslats has also been there too and his views are different from G-IFLY).

Anyway, if he wasn't the one to remove it, then we'll surely hear from him about being censored.

paulslats: If I'm correct, AFTA started their Integrated course in November 2011, so the first students to qualify would be getting out now.

paulslats
9th Apr 2013, 16:57
I didnt realise how new the Integrated coarse was, thanks for the info though PigeonVoyageur.

It is just another part of the argument I would disagree with, there was comments made that hardly any of the students get jobs after qualifying, however if the first Integrated class is only finishing up now or even recently then there is no foundation to an argument that none of these have a good chance of gaining employment.

PigeonVoyageur
9th Apr 2013, 17:48
Be aware that AFTA also gives modular courses too - and was giving them before starting integrated courses. The argument in that removed thread, concerning students not getting jobs except for a handful few, were therefore for the modular students. I can't comment on this since I don't know the actual facts. Only these ex-students can say exactly what they are doing now.

TeaTowel
9th Apr 2013, 18:02
The integrated students will be unemployed just like the Modular students before them. Which isn't the schools fault. Where are they going to go?

Did my PPL back in Atlantic in 07-08. Good school, good instructors.:ok:

paulslats
9th Apr 2013, 18:22
Did you go any further than your PPL Teatowel? Was down there for an assessment, really found the instructors I met to be very nice and extremely willing to help!

TeaTowel
9th Apr 2013, 18:38
I completed my training elsewhere due to non-flying circumstances but most of the instructors I flew with are still there. I have been back every now and again and it still feels like the same place, which I can't fault!

The weather in Cork however leaves a lot to be desired. Every hour I did I had an hour cancelled. That airport is famous for its crappy weather and rumours of brown-paper envelopes passed under tables to get it built where it is.;)

No school can give you a job though. Even "tagged" schemes with airlines are not safe anymore.

And just to add: I'm 22, ex-modular, unemployed, but only 8k euros of debt!:ok:
I overheard a student 2 weeks ago saying he has 105k debt! Don't put yourself in that position!

G-IFLY
13th Apr 2013, 13:14
hey guys, was not me that deleted it :confused:

so the school or mod's have done it.... although I think the mod's would have just removed the comments they didn't like and put in why, while leaving the rest there.

not nice to be censored := just go's to show they have something to hide :oh:

I know some didn't agree with my comments made on the other thread but I was only calling it as I seen it !

I have talked to quite a few ex-students from there now, and non of them seem to be getting any interviews or jobs, again they say only a "select" few with contacts, with no help from the school for the rest, although I do know it is up to the student in the end. :E

paulslats
13th Apr 2013, 14:36
I ve been over to FTE Jerez too, and can tell you many many of their students have been left 100,000 in debt with no job or help from them either. At the end of the day in the current climate, its up to the student to get the best possible results and make what they can of any job opportunity. What I am after in a school is the best possible personal help which I think Atlantic give, in the bigger and more expensive schools I believe you are just a number!

PigeonVoyageur
14th Apr 2013, 14:57
Any reason why G-IFLY's original thread has been deleted - since he's saying that it's not him who did that?

macflea
14th Apr 2013, 20:52
to pprune moderators

yes i would like to know too?

macflea
14th Apr 2013, 20:54
to pprune moderators

yes i would like to know too? not that i am going to get an answer

G-IFLY
16th Apr 2013, 02:31
I'd like to know too ???

What was the reason to delete it ?