PDA

View Full Version : Restricted Airspace In Fact / Cpt

GULF69
1st Dec 2009, 10:28
Hi All,

has anyone seen the NOTAM for this? I was told by ATNS that the NOTAM number is A3027/09 but its not on the latest CD.

If anyone is planning flights to FACT / CPT until the 6th, pls check SACAA website, or PM me for details on what you need to get. If you dont have your clearance codes on your flight plan, you risk the chance of being intercepted and forced down by the Air Force!

Wayback
1st Dec 2009, 19:01
It is on the CD. Look under AIC section with that ref code (NOTAMS not on the CD). You should find it. All details WRT the SAAF contacts and procedures are there.

nugpot
2nd Dec 2009, 05:15
and forced down by the Air Force!

The new SAAF? ROTFLMAO!

GULF69
2nd Dec 2009, 09:54
thanks Wayback!

Nugpot, LOL.... well 3 Grippens took off from FACT yesterday and returned a while later...what an awesome sight!

Mike X
2nd Dec 2009, 10:39
Gulf

I live under the flightpath and they were out on Monday as well. As you say, awesome. :ok:

nugpot
2nd Dec 2009, 17:07
Nugpot, LOL.... well 3 Grippens took off from FACT yesterday and returned a while later...what an awesome sight!

I agree completely. Even the technicolour Hawk isn't all bad...

Mike X
2nd Dec 2009, 17:29
Ummmmm...what happened to my post 'bout the same military jets flying patterns over CPT today, same time as previous two days ? Just wondering...

Walks off whistling.

Mike X
2nd Dec 2009, 18:58
I may be wrong, but there's only two - flying abreast on heading 188 (Southbound into CPT). They do circuits and they bank above me (not abreast !) for line-up to land - so I can count them.

A breast would be nice, of course.