PDA

View Full Version : Flying Safari - Krugar Park - South Africa

pilotdude85
1st Dec 2009, 10:11
Hi everyone,

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the GA forum..

Contains useful info on GA flying licence coversion requirements.

I've been trawling the net for info on flying schools around the Krugar Safari Park, but not having much luck..

The three airports in the area are:
Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
Phalaborwa Airport
Hoedspruit Airport

Does anybody know of any flying club's at either og these airports offering hire and fly?

There are a few GA clubs at JNB, which is quite a way from Krugar, but is a fallback option. Would be better to find a closer club though. My plan is to do some flying over the Krugar National Park. Just looking into it all now...

If anybody has any info, please let me know.. :) Would be much appreciated.

It seems the rental charfes aren't much cheaper than the UK these days, I heard up to 60% cheaper than the UK, obviously a rumour because R1100 per hour seems to be the rate these days..

PS - apologies about my cheesy name, i was 18 at the time, with less sense than the little sense i have now! haha!

NoTrainingWheel
3rd Dec 2009, 18:53
Have a look at this outfit - Bush Pilot (http://www.bushpilot.co.za/) They offer a bush flying course - essential for training in the hot & high conditions you'll exp if nothing else - and provide aircraft charter.

JEM60
3rd Dec 2009, 20:49
Much better to drive through the Kruger, then you might get charged by a thumping great bull elephant!!!! Like we did. Bl..dy hilarious, trying to reverse my car faster than the beast was running. Don't get that if you fly.!!!Enjoy. South Africa is a fabulous country.

Malagant
5th Dec 2009, 17:33
Nelair in Nelspruit might still have a flight school!

pilotdude85
6th Dec 2009, 15:36
Thanks for the info guys...
Yeah might have to go for the regular option! :)