PDA

View Full Version : RAF gripes?

Bonniezy
5th Sep 2001, 20:53
I'm doing research into the issues that force highly trained pilots to leave the RAF. You might now work for a commercial airline or something completely different and can look back and see more clearly what the problems were. They might be to do with poor/obsolete equipt or perhaps to do with overstretch or even morale. There might be other issues. What was it that prompted you to leave? All replies treated in confidence.

Tonkenna
5th Sep 2001, 21:40
Trouble is Bonniezy, that you will find that most of the people who read and submit on this forum are very reluctant to answer this kind of question, even if they are ex RAF. Whilst some may not be happy and leave most are still very loyal and will not talk to all and sundry.

Good luck, but as you are v new to the forum and have put very little detail in either your post our your profile you are not likely to get much help. Sorry

Tonks

[ 05 September 2001: Message edited by: Tonkenna ]

Seven of Nine
5th Sep 2001, 23:05
Bonniezy,
The RAF have been researching such issues for the past x years - it keeps a small army of senior officers employed. Perhaps when you find the answer you could send your results to the latest retention committee.

Pub User
6th Sep 2001, 00:18
Bonniezy

I would have thought you could simply trawl these pages for as many hours as your research budget and your stamina allow. All the reasons must be here somewhere.

Big Green Arrow
6th Sep 2001, 00:39
Bonny me old,

Who are you doing the research for? Are you another journo looking for a Sunday Mail article?

If you open up a little maybe your audience will be a tad more forthcoming.