PDA

View Full Version : Invitation to cabin crew for online psychological research study

Psychflyer
11th Nov 2009, 23:57
Hi everyone,
My name is Jason, I was a flight attendant for 16 years and am currently undertaking my postgraduate study in Psychology at Swinburne University in Melbourne, Australia. I am conducting research for my thesis on the work of cabin crew, in particular the emotional demands of your job and the ways you cope.
The research will examine the use of emotion work in cabin crew. Emotion work refers to the emotional regulation that is organisationally required of you to display certain desired emotions to carry out your role. My study aims to investigate the association between emotion work and burnout and the impact of humour on this relationship.
If you are interested in participating we would really appreciate your help in filling out my online questionnaire, which can be accessed by clicking on the link below. It should take approximately 10-15 minutes. Your answers to this questionnaire are anonymous and completely confidential.
I would be more than happy to pass on the results of this research to you when it is finished.
It can be accessed at: Survey (http://opinio.online.swin.edu.au/s?s=7243)
Please feel free to invite any of your friends or contacts who are flight attendants to participate as well.
Many thanks for your support and participation.

apaddyinuk
30th Nov 2009, 19:43
Interesting survey.
Good luck with it!

Psychflyer
19th Dec 2009, 09:37
Thank you apaddyinuk for your participation.

Thanks to everyone who has taken part so far. Your responses have been great.

Anyone who still would like to participate in my survey please feel free to do so.

Many thanks