PDA

View Full Version : Qatar promotion fare

Enji
29th Nov 2009, 13:06
Hi,

I have a question about Qatar Airways promotion fares. There is a ticket I want originating in Bangkok, but the promotion ends tomorrow. It says for the terms and conditions...

"Sales validity: On/before 30th November 2009"

The question I have is - at what time is the cut off for 30th November (tomorrow)? Is it midnight Thailand time? midnight Doha time? Or is it not even midnight - could it be mid day or something like that?

The reason I ask is because I have money getting transferred and I can't buy the ticket until I have that money, and it's very important that I buy the ticket.

thanks for any help :ok:

Anansis
29th Nov 2009, 14:02
I've booked several promotional fares from the UK with QR. Each website and promotion is specific to each country so I'm pretty sure that and validity period will end at midnight local time.

Enji
29th Nov 2009, 14:18
Thanks very much for that answer :ok:

Wondering if you could help me with something else then if you have used Qatar a few times? :O

I'm wanting to book a domestic flight with BMI using my Qatar miles. On BMI website it says I can use partner/BMI miles, for a return journey, either 9000 or 4500 + £40. I need to pay using the second option, so 4500 miles + £40. I went to my Qatar privilege account and clicked on partner awards and began filling out the form. The only thing is, I can't write anywhere on it that I would like to pay by the way I want. Since I don't have enough miles on my Qatar account to pay the 9000 miles, if I request the partner award, will they just think that I'm booking a one way journey with BMI (half the miles needed, therefore I would have enough miles on my account)?

Or, when I click request partner award, do I get contacted after in some way saying how I would like to pay for it?

Also, if this is the case, would I get an invoice or something on my Qatar account to pay the £40?

Thanks

Anansis
1st Dec 2009, 09:32
I'm not too sure because I've never used my miles with a Q miles partner. You will have to pay the taxes and charges before the ticket is confirmed so someone should contact you beforehand. Personally I would not bother using your Qmiles on a European short haul flight from the UK- the taxes are so high (especially with BMI) that it is unlikely to save you much money, especially if you get a good Easyjet or Ryanair flight in advance.

Save them for an upgrade or a long haul flight in the future:ok:

Enji
1st Dec 2009, 14:41
thanks for the reply :ok:

unfortunately I can't even do that anyway. Mis-read the writing on the BMI website - Qatar isn't Star Alliance so it's not 9000 miles or even 4500 + £40..

..it's 15 000 miles :yuk:

also, unfortunately I couldn't book the Qatar promo fare, so i'm now looking at jet airways (it's the only other option financially). :sad: