PDA

View Full Version : Devonport Jet Fuel

tasdevil.f27
29th Nov 2009, 03:43
As of 1st Dec Mobil (JetA1) are no longer at DPO, a new operator will take over and for non account customers it will be cash or credit card only.

PLovett
29th Nov 2009, 05:54
I wonder if the major fuel suppliers (i.e. the oil companies) not only want to get out of supplying AVGAS but now JET A1 except to major airports (i.e. capital cities)? :confused:

They have for some time being dismantling their AVGAS network to the point now where you cannot fly around Oz with only a carnet. Looks like it now includes JET A1.:ugh:

tasdevil.f27
29th Nov 2009, 07:35
Seems to be that way, I bet BWT (Wynyard) will go the same way next year, a mate of mine says they hardly sell any Jet there now. Wouldn't be viable for a private operator to take over the way he was speaking.

Seems now u need to phone a head to see if fuel is there.:confused:

Dog One
29th Nov 2009, 07:41
Can remember when both Mobil and AirBP had jet AI outlets. Times are a changing. Most of the RPT operating across Bass Strait can normally carry return fuel , unless there is holding on YMML. Which means fuel is rarely picked up at these ports. In the F27 days, refuelling on each sector was normal. The through put would be a lot lower now.

CharlieLimaX-Ray
2nd Dec 2009, 08:12
G.B.Kent and Co were the Mobil agents and their main man Big Billy Eder was the number 1 refueller.

So are Tasair taking over the fuel agency on behalf of AirBP?

tasdevil.f27
2nd Dec 2009, 08:42
Geez, been a while since they ran the mobil agency! Billy moved up to LST for a while in the early days when LST was first contracted out. Interesting character :}

The company that was running DPO on behalf of Mobil has taken it over themselves. Avtas Fuels.

Been no BP jet there for years, only the BP Avgas bowser at the aero club.

CharlieLimaX-Ray
2nd Dec 2009, 08:48
Tasair are a long time AirBP customer going back nearly fifty years, so I assumed they were taking it on to look after the Jetstream on the RPT run.

tasdevil.f27
2nd Dec 2009, 23:18
Tas Air were mobil customers at DPO, just heard that Mobil will now pull out on the 15 december!