PDA

View Full Version : Wanted!

Dr Schlong
31st Aug 2001, 01:34
Needed by RAF: One PTC budget manager to overspend budget by £xx millions and make others restrict their budgets to compensate for financial inadequacies.

Does anyone know how on Earth this could've happened?

:mad:

Jackonicko
31st Aug 2001, 01:54
Doesn't narrow it down much.

Which programme?

the funky munky
31st Aug 2001, 02:17
Surely you mean all of the A/C types from FFJs to Whockers!
Does this PTC manager have to be RAF as my friends in the MOD tell me that the Navy have got a Brigadier in charge of the new Type 45 programme, Vive la diferance.

[ 30 August 2001: Message edited by: the funky munky ]

[ 30 August 2001: Message edited by: the funky munky ]

Chris Kebab
31st Aug 2001, 15:54
Yes but the Navy have just got ETPS!

Dr Schlong
1st Sep 2001, 05:52
Apparently some budget manager overspent last year's budget by £40 million and now all PTC stations have to cut their budgets by 5%, hence all ALTs and adventurous training etc being cancelled etc. :(

Gentleman Aviator
1st Sep 2001, 10:56
THIS year's budget by £40 million (Apr 01 to Aug 01 so far).

Need to reduce our planned expenditure by the predicted additional £80 million overspend anticipated (Aug 01 to Apr 02)and recoup the £40 million we have already been flash with.

Fun police have canned anything approaching fun.

Why not:

1. Close METS & give it to Oxford.
2. Reds reduce to 5 ship.
3. Cancel all overseas trips (oops - been done already)

Last one out switch off the lights.

BEagle
1st Sep 2001, 11:20
How can Part Time Command be so far in the red? With students having to be trained elsewhere due to the various backlogs, aged aircraft in need of replacement, contractor-owned plastic planes not up to the job and needing modification.......

Or is this just maskirovka designed to make Most Foolish Training Stupidity look good. Which I have heard described as 'A crock of $hit' by an SO1 closely involved with it...

How is it that we didn't seem to have all this difficulty when we had a proper training system in the '70s? Don't tell me that our valiant Investors in People have failed to invest adequately in their training needs.......

BEagle
1st Sep 2001, 13:04
Nor can the fact that they can't afford Flying Scholarships any more? Or is that From A Different Budget?
Still, this doesn't surprise me when HM'sFC can't even afford colour printer cartridges.....

bluntie
1st Sep 2001, 13:11
The worst thing is that in civvy street someone would get the sack for this, but the d*ckhead responsible for this will probably get promoted!!. Sad but true. :confused:

Blue Stuff
1st Sep 2001, 14:56
What an utterly shambolic state of affairs. Sh*g ... brothel ... organise ... couldn't? How can PTC, in one breath, sing the praises of adventurous training and indoctrinate everybody in it's virtues, and in the next breath say that we can't engage in any beyond 'syllabus' AT? Yes, they say it'll only be for this year (optimistic), but heads should roll for this one ... and they won't.

Not only are we losing valuable training, but "...the purchase of desirable items such as library books and periodicals will not be authorised ..." and it appears that we must seek permission to submit an F1771. "Further measures" are also in the pipeline. :mad:

So much for projecting air power into the 21st century; we can't even afford to project a copy of Flight International into the crewroom! :rolleyes:

Blue.
:(

eammon
5th Sep 2001, 16:49
The section where I am presently working has been told that it now has less money in its budget to the tune of £600k. Unfortunately when this message arrived there was only £400k left in the budget that had not already been committed!

I am sure that this will prove to be of great use at Binnsworth "Well it wasn't our fault, look this section alone has overspent by £200k."

Seriously though, I am sure that the powers-that-be would be most grateful to receive some grass-roots suggestions on how to deal with this situation. Please send any ideas to:

Blame Distribution Cell
P&TC
RAF Jobsworth
Gloucestershire

BushrangerRed
5th Sep 2001, 18:40
This budgetary restraint is very concerning. If the system cannot issue basic items of equipment such as raingear or hats to keep the sun off one's head to its soldiers/airmen, it is not surprising that the accrual accounting system has collapsed.

Ladies and Gents, this is no longer a question of money, but one of safety.

I encourage every operator reading this who is NOT in posession of the kit, resources or manpower to safely conduct the tasks allocated to him/her to pass up the chain a SAFETY report of some kind ...

For the ppruners amongst us who remember Townsville in 1996:

' .. a lack of resources is no excuse for an unsafe practice ..'

Good luck fellas .....

Tonkenna
5th Sep 2001, 21:57
Has anyone had a look for it, it must be somewhere. I have checked behind the sink and found an old rag, but not 40 mil. Please have a look for us so I can atleast do some AT with my students.

Thanks in advance

Tonks :)

BEagle
6th Sep 2001, 04:08
Air Transport in that plastic glider thing?? Ah - sorry, mate - guess you mean adventurous training! One of those things we used to advertise as being integral to the military way?? Designed to foster esprit de corps and a sense of endeavour amongst our trainees? But no doubt they'll be equally happy playing 'Womb Raider' on one of the RAF's several zillion computers instead of dangling off bits of jock rock with you in the great outdoors??

Bloody smart curtains in someone's MQ, no doubt?

Makes you want to cry......

AllTrimDoubt
6th Sep 2001, 09:53
So now i have to allocate more time (and money) into justifying why I shouldn't lose what basic resources I do have instead of getting out/up there to use them in getting the job done. What sort of message does this send to those just starting...or worse, thinking of starting...a career in HM Finest? :mad: :mad: :mad: