PDA

View Full Version : Jobs/Companies where your always on the road?

matt_as350
28th Nov 2009, 18:36
Hiya! Quick question...most of you will think I am not wired right for asking this but what would be a company or type of flying where most of their pilots spend their time on the road, for weeks at a time? Maybe going to places on a moments notice, etc

Thanks!
Matt

Carrier
29th Nov 2009, 01:57
Any airborne survey company or a charter company such as Kenn Borek Air of Calgary or Enterprise Airlines of Oshawa?

FlyTCI
29th Nov 2009, 02:04
How about Air Atlanta Icelandic..Heard of guys who see their families a month on the year :eek:.

NuName
29th Nov 2009, 04:09
Our company uses the aircraft for business, each meeting produces a new set of requirements that quite often needs us to fly on to a new destination. At the new destination it can all start over. I am used to buying new clothes to get by. I have enough socks, pants and t shirts to start my own branch of Primark.

No RYR for me
29th Nov 2009, 10:49
Vista Jet if I read the thread about them correctly... Just divorced or is your house repossed :confused:

clunk1001
29th Nov 2009, 13:03
"Just divorced or is your house repossed"

divorced? - I asked the same question when I got married :ouch:

matt_as350
10th Dec 2009, 05:20
Thanks for the replies so far, Any that accept ICAO licences (Hold Canadian licence) and dont require EU work/residency permit so a expat can get the job (e.g: I dont hold EU passport, etc)?

Thanks!! :)

Der_Fischmeister
10th Dec 2009, 10:25
we need even more unemployed here!!!

G-DAVE
11th Dec 2009, 22:04
You think being on the road a lot, away more than at home, getting called at short notice, not knowing when you'll be home again is a good thing and want that?

Give me £50,000, and I'll give you my job.

Less money than a night shift worker at Tesco, and all the risks of foreign taxi drivers.

PM me for my bank account details.

Seriously....

matt_as350
13th Dec 2009, 04:21
OK, I'll bite- I am employed at a job where im home everynight- Just looking for a major life style change is the reason for my question.

PPRuNeUser0215
13th Dec 2009, 09:55
Aerial Survey... Fugro comes to mind. I used to have some drinking buddies at Geoterrex (Flying the Shrike and some kind of tin shaped Short, now part of Fugro I think) and I remember them being away from home a lot.

Have a look at Zimex (and the likes) as well. Contracts with oil companies and away quite a bit too.