PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Canada

OldBonaMate
6th Aug 2001, 23:56
We need pilots! Is there anyone out there who is interested in working in Canada as a Hawk Sim/Groundschool Instructor for a few years, or more....? The salary is much better than the Civil Service Sim instructors get (I know, I was one) and the cost of living in Canada is about half what it is in the UK. We need pilots with a fast jet background (not necessarily Hawk) and an instructor qualification; QFI, QWI etc.
Interested? Drop me a line and I will provide you with more details.

BEagle
7th Aug 2001, 00:16
Where?

How much?

Medical and Insurance benefits?

Relocation expenses?

Pension benefits??

....and where did the contractor think he was going to get the QFI pilots from in the first place? Do you really want QWIs?? What weaponeering are you doing in tree-hugger land? And there are plenty of trees to hug, aren't there?

Cooperman
7th Aug 2001, 04:32
Ther ARE lots of trees in Canada. But not in the Province OldBonaMate's offering work! In fact, there is a saying there that behind every tree there is good looking woman. Trust me - there are no good looking women.

Moosa Aswayita! :rolleyes:

OldBonaMate
7th Aug 2001, 04:53
You're right Cooperman, there aren't many trees and I cannot comment about the women; I wouldn't get away with it!

Yes BEagle, all the things you mentioned are available and yes we can use QWIs. Anyway, when was the last time the 10 was used for air to mud?

BEagle
7th Aug 2001, 09:39
Still didn't say where and how much!

Or where your contractor thought he'd be getting his QFI pilots from when he dreamed up this system...........

10 for air-to-mud? Ask a certain now-on-C17 person about taxiing at Waddo!! And yes, I haven't done any air-to-mud since winning the Viking trophy on 1 Hawk course at Heaven-in-Devon!! Got some pretty good air-to-air and strafe results on the old 'toom though!!

[ 07 August 2001: Message edited by: BEagle ]

stillin1
7th Aug 2001, 19:43
Post full details of flyin job!
I got all the requirements u want, luv the job I'm doing now.
So see if u can tempt me.

VIFF
7th Aug 2001, 20:24
OBM

Interesting, but need more details. I know a lot of people with the required quals. but the package to work in the wilderness would have to be very attractive. I mean! Tear one'self away from the windy Island for a few dollars more !!

BEagle
8th Aug 2001, 03:09
Guess that'll be Cold Lake then. In the middle of nowhere, 3 hours drive from Edmonton (in the summer), virtually impossible in winter? You'd need some pretty good incentive packages to get anyone to work there for more than one winter!

Makes Valley seem positively cosmopolitan!

Moose Jaw doesn't look too bad though....

Cooperman
8th Aug 2001, 05:09
Three hours maybe..but it always takes 3 hours. No jams. Easy in winter.

Valley cosmopolitan?! BEagle-are you smoking something illegal?

Moosa Aswayita! :p

BEagle
8th Aug 2001, 09:28
Can't see why the pointy-heads whinge so much about Valley these days - now that there's a decent road all the way to civilisation! I could understand it when it took nearly an hour to get to the Menai bridge, through Bangor and onto the slow single carriageway roads through North Wales...........

OldBonaMate
8th Aug 2001, 16:43
Thanks to those who have shown interest so far. For those who are still not sure, read the original post, there is no mention of it being a flying post. Anyone with a genuine interest can contact me for more details as there is too much to post here. The package is a good one, I moved here lock stock and barrel with no out of pocket expenses and no regrets.