PDA

View Full Version : MCC Exemptions.

You Aint Seen Me. Roit!
29th Aug 2001, 15:47
I am pleased to tell all that I finally got a letter from the CAA this morning informing me that I am to be credited with the MCC course and as such I will not be required to complete a MCC course in order to add the first multi-pilot aircraft to my license.

So what I hear you say, loads of us have already recieved that. Well, all of my hours are on am Army Gazelle, one of the aircraft listed as not qualifying for the credit.

After stating my case both by letter and telephone calls directly to the individual responsible for issuing the credit, they appear to have recognised that the Army predominantly operate their helicopters with two qualified pilots and therefore utilise MCC most of the time.

I had to prove (logbook) that I had at least 500 hours operating within a multi crew environment which I did by simply adding all of my hours where both 1st and 2nd pilot were logged in the same logbook entry. I know that we no longer log 2nd pilot, but that has only been in force for the last few months and so should not effect too many calculations.

This has been a triumph for both perseverance on my part and willingness by the CAA to listen to a well structured argument. I found them most helpful throughout.

If anybody else is in the same boat and can provide the same proof, backed up with a letter fron your OC, then I see no reason why this should not be the norm.

If anyone needs further info on how I went about the process, then email me at [email protected].

If this is old news then I apologise, but I don't know of anybody else that has gained the credit with Gazelle hours and so I thought I might let everyone else know that it is possible.

Broken Wings
31st Aug 2001, 00:05
Pleased to see you got your MCC creditation and I noted recently that you don't have to apply anymore in advance you simply apply at the time you submit your application for licence - see the latest CAA document on this at the following link:

CAA MCC Credit Document (http://www.srg.caa.co.uk/documents/srg_fcl_MCC_trainingcredits.pdf)

I've found all my dealings with the CAA to be excelent if you go in with the right attitude, which I suppose applies in most areas of life.

Regards

BW

[ 30 August 2001: Message edited by: Broken Wings ]