PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 206 rating/ hire: where?

Tiger_ Moth
26th Nov 2009, 23:38
Hi,

Does anyone know where I could get some time in a cessna 206? I'm thinking of heading out to Maun to try to get a job and I want to improve my chances.

Would be best if anyone knew of somewhere to do it in the UK or failing that, anywhere around South Africa / Botswana.

Also, what would the hourly rate be likely to be?

Thanks

Gooneybird
29th Nov 2009, 07:54
Foster Aero used to have one in Lanseria. Cost? Probably $200 - $300 an hour or there abouts.

Bla Bla Bla
29th Nov 2009, 11:31
Hey mate if you can afford it then fine but I promise you it will not make any odds to the companies, they will hire you if they like you and have a space for a pilot.

Attitude attitude attitude is the most important thing. PM me if you need any advise as I speak with my mates who are still in Maun quite often, always good to get more Brits in Maun.:)

pilot_wood
30th Nov 2009, 15:08
A lot of UK parachute schools use the 206...

Der absolute Hammer
1st Dec 2009, 03:46
Pilot and Flight Crew Training School | Grand Central South Africa (http://www.fts.co.za/rate.html)

They are at Grand Central and their instruction levels are excellent. But I do not really think you need to worry too much about gambling the money up front.

Cardinal Puff
1st Dec 2009, 05:38
Of course you do.

Ani fule no buying type ratings is the only way to get ahead...:hmm::rolleyes:

Gooneybird
1st Dec 2009, 10:48
Having read the responses I tend to agree it's a waste of money. Actually the whole system that requires 'ratings' for non high performance piston engine light aircraft is a scam to begin with.

Tiger_ Moth
1st Dec 2009, 16:47
Thanks for all your replies guys, it's been a lot of help.