PDA

View Full Version : PPL Confuser errors?

JoeDavies
26th Nov 2009, 19:11
I have an upcoming meteorology exam this saturday and as I am going through my confuser questions, I and getting more and more confused. :sad:, for example, the PPl Confuser and Meteorology air pilots manual disagree with each other, is the confuser wrong or is it just me going crazy after a long day? :ugh:

Thanks, Joe

ab33t
26th Nov 2009, 20:16
Take it from me dont get confused , use the confuser and you will pass. Read the manual and you will understand the material

JoeDavies
26th Nov 2009, 20:32
Thanks for that, at the moment I am referring to both the manual and confuser, Thanks again, Joe:ok:

24Carrot
26th Nov 2009, 20:39
I agree with ab33t.

My gut feel was about one "Confuser" answer in 50 was wrong, which still leaves a comfortable margin in the PPL exams.

Deeday
26th Nov 2009, 23:38
As a matter of fact, a number of answers in the Confuser are wrong, at least in the 8th edition. If I remember, they were in total in the region of five, in the whole book.

imperialsam
27th Nov 2009, 07:27
There have been at least a couple of threads in the past on specific errors in the Confuser. I remember one was an altimetry question which I think was in the Met section.

BackPacker
27th Nov 2009, 08:24
Why don't you post the full question with the answers here, and we'll take a look for you. As others have said, there are a few questions in the confuser that are simply wrong or have the wrong answer marked as the right answer.

But search the forum first. You're probably not the first one to be confused by some of these questions in the confuser.

JoeDavies
27th Nov 2009, 17:59
Thanks for your fast replys, I have found errors in the confuser but the confusion was probably due to being infront of the confuser for 3 hours last night. :8 But I used my senses and backed it up with the air manual in the end. If anyone does know of any errors in the met section in the 9th edition please let me know. Thanks once again.

JoeDavies
28th Nov 2009, 15:01
Thanks everyone for your advice, I passed the exam today with 85%. Joe:ok:

BackPacker
28th Nov 2009, 16:29
Well done. Congratulations. How many exams left?

BigEndBob
29th Nov 2009, 09:49
They only copying the the CAA by providing wrong answers to some of their questions!

JoeDavies
29th Nov 2009, 11:50
Thankyou just two more now aircraft general and flight planning and performance. Still sitting on the ground at Sleap waiting to do my qualifying cross-country.