PDA

View Full Version : BGS Study Time Query

Captain-Random
26th Nov 2009, 11:42
I've started MOD 1 of BGS and i was just wondering how the time spent studying figure on the graph is calculated?

Is it the cumulative time you spend doing each Chapter?

Is it the cumulative time you are logged on?

Lets say i was to do 2 hours of revision using another book/programme which is classed as studying but not with BGS can i just leave the programme open on the menu page and it will clock up that time and add it to my total?

C-R

Alex Whittingham
26th Nov 2009, 12:19
Excuse me answering this, mods.

The study time allocated to each lesson and test and shown on the program as 'hours per week' is a notional time , not a record of the time you actually spend.

The times were calculated from data collected from 18 months throughput of CTC students who were, at the time, using a slightly different web-based system that allowed the actual time taken on each lesson to be recorded.

It is meant to be an assessment of how long a typical student will spend on ATPL Digital. Of course, there's no such thing as a typical student and you may find you spend more time in the lessons, or possibly less. It doesn't relate in any way to time spent in the manuals or online.

Captain-Random
26th Nov 2009, 15:42
Glad to hear an answer from the man himself :ok:

Cirrus_Clouds
26th Nov 2009, 16:10
I personally find myself spending a lot of time understanding/digesting what I'm reading first time but when it comes reading it the second time etc/using the PC, that part is by far much quicker.