PDA

View Full Version : Wings Course...where's it gone?

The Scarlet Pimpernel
5th Aug 2001, 04:19
I've just tried looking for it, but to no avail. Perhaps it's the beer I've just drunk, but wasn't there a thread on said subject here?

I know TR3 was rude to JF in the extreme, but there was some good info on there that might appeal to guys either on the course now or Mil Wannabe's.

Perhaps it might be an idea to collate the good info posted and put it on a single archive.

Edited for poor spolling

[ 05 August 2001: Message edited by: The Scarlet Pimpernel ]

spekesoftly
5th Aug 2001, 07:11
Glad you asked the question, I was also mystified. Shame to lose the excellent advice. Wasn't TR3 purporting to be a potential military trainee pilot? If so, a contribution by TR3 on the ATC Issues forum "160kts to 4 miles" is intriguing, and his profile even more so! Is there mischief afoot, or is there more than one TR3?
Now if I could just find that search facility......aah, there it is.

[ 05 August 2001: Message edited by: spekesoftly ]

Megaton
5th Aug 2001, 17:19
He was also offering advice on the 737 in the Tech Forum.

CAT MAN
5th Aug 2001, 17:38
No "spekesoftly", I was not purporting to be a military hopeful...and posted my own backround after "TOBWARIS" post. The contributions were excellent,from,"STANDTO,MEADOWBANK,COOPERMAN,BEagle,TOBWARI,BALDRICK FEATHERHEAD,FLATUSVETERANUS,SCARLET PIMPERNEL and 410 .I have an airline backround,but,"WINGS"students,be they civilian or military have many things in common.However the thread lost its theme so I pulled the plug...No offence...

spekesoftly
5th Aug 2001, 23:25
Well that's that sorted, then. Thank you.

P.S. I believe it was Bill Bedford, not John Farley, who was authorised to do an early tethered hover with the Hawker P1127, whilst still recovering from an ankle injury. No doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong!
John joined the Harrier development team some time later; I still have vivid memories of his superb display flying.

[ 05 August 2001: Message edited by: spekesoftly ]

fobotcso
6th Aug 2001, 01:32
I missed all this. Did anyone save the thread before TR3 deleted it? If so I'd be grateful if it could be reposted here or e-mailed to me.

It sounds as though there could be a link with another similar thread and I'd like to follow it up. :mad:

PS. Bill Bedford did indeed hurt his ankle in a car accident in Germany just before he did the the early P 1127 tethered hovers in Nov 1960 with his ankle in plaster.

Cooperman
6th Aug 2001, 06:06
I too was particularly sad to see the thread go, as I think I was the last one to post on it and I thought I was to blame!

In my last post I thought that there was such an abundance of excellent gen being offered freely and willingly I thought a similar thread, for the very purpose of not only passing on good advice to students (advice that I'm sure is just as valid be you mil or civvy) but also to instructors, would be a good idea.

"I learnt about training from that!"

Bu**er it, I'll start it anyway!

Moosa Aswayita! ;)