PDA

View Full Version : Holter Report

tomtom_91
25th Nov 2009, 13:30
Hi All,

I have just got all my reports back from the holter test I had to do... as well as the ECG. The Dr and cardiologist have said that the results were fine however in the report it says 'Sinus rhythm with episodes of sinus tachycardia and high voltage QRS complexes thought recording' - Is this ok/normal?

Tom

air pig
26th Nov 2009, 23:17
Hi

Sinus tachycardia is a normal heart rhythm with a rate over 100 beats per minute, what were you doing at the time, things like exercise emotion caffeine can all cause it, but a high voltage ECG is a new one on me but again what were you doing at the time and what position were you in.

Regards

Air pig

tomtom_91
27th Nov 2009, 19:23
Hey,

I was working - I work in a school however I was a little stressed about the machine being on! - I think thats why I had the high pulse rate

gingernut
27th Nov 2009, 20:26
Be very wary of electronic interpretations, as they tend to err on the side of caution. I reckon that it would find fault on most of my waiting room if I let it loose.

It's a bit like saying, "I've completed this assessment on this 50 year old and I've found he's got grey hairs."

If the humans' have said it's ok, I'd be rest assured.:)

gabby1
30th Nov 2009, 09:21
The Dr and cardiologist have said that the results were fine

The heart is designed to go faster, such as when under stress. Over 20% of 18 year olds have 'high QRS', very very unlikly to be significant in a fit normotensive young man.

Trust the Dr!