PDA

View Full Version : Got the time mate?

Dan Winterland
4th Aug 2001, 01:17
Handed the watch back in today.

Why is it the RAF is the only employer in the world who takes your watch off you when you leave?

Tonkenna
4th Aug 2001, 01:55
I am amazed you could find it! Good job you bought that Brietling. Good look in the new job, and don't forget to put a good word in for me.

Tonks :D :D

Ima Muppet
4th Aug 2001, 02:18
It's nearly 16:20 now. I am in the Mountain Time Zone though so add on 7 hours. Or take them off, I can never remember.

Hengist Pod
4th Aug 2001, 11:17
They're also the only employer who's clothing stores are never bloody open if you want to change your watch battery. Could I have the time as well please?

Skylark4
4th Aug 2001, 13:29
The R.A.F. seems to have a `thing` about clocks and watches, always has had.
On disposal of the Bulldog we were told to remove the stopwatches from the instrument panel. Those watches are presumably now in a cardboard box in some store waiting to be sold off at £20 the boxful and there are a load of ex R.A.F. Bulldogs, which have been sold for about £15k each, without stopwatches. The chances of the two ever meeting again are remote. Cost of removing them far exceeds their value.

Mike W

overstress
7th Aug 2001, 03:08
I still quite miss mine - & how sad is this- I nearly bought one from the back of one of those spotter mags in Smiths! (sanity prevailed)

However the GPS clock on my current inst panel seems to do a better job than Clothing Stores' finest though... :D

Good luck in the wide world

Flap45
10th Aug 2001, 19:26
Who needs a watch when you can tie bells to your ankles!! Good luck with the new job :eek:

pshakey
11th Aug 2001, 07:37
True story: Was at an airshow in South Wales once, and witnessed a sqn mate (who shall remain nameless), persuade a spotter to part with his fairly new (privately purchased) genuine RAF Nav's watch in exchange for his own, battered old RAF pilot's watch, by telling him that the pilot's version was more accurate and more exclusive. He even got the spotter to come back a few hours later after he had "thought about it", to try and make the story more believable. Maybe we can all do the same at our next airshow, and fob off our cheesy $10 Casios to some 'airshow enthusiasts'. I hope the stackers don't read this, or they might try to adopt it as policy.

Fishbones
13th Aug 2001, 23:39
Jonny Ware's Pizza,

Have the Canadians got wise to the ubiquitous Mr Ware's penchant for pizzas, curries and taxies yet?

pshakey
16th Aug 2001, 17:01
Fishbones,

Jonny Ware is now a well known pizza and taxi customer in Canada. As we are somewhat short on curry houses, he is yet to break in to that line of business. The fare from Bruggen Mess to CYBG is a bit steep though!

JWP