PDA

View Full Version : Marie Claire - This must be a bite

grimfixer
26th Aug 2001, 00:08
Not that I subscribe, but the minister for home affairs last night showed me this months Marie Claire, it shows this months eligible bachelor. No names etc but find it, check it out and tell me if the guy is for real or was it a cracking bite. Please tell me it is or my suspicions about the STOVY community are most certainly confirmed

Highty Munter
26th Aug 2001, 01:27
Nor do I subscribe, but Op Con occasionally buys a copy. I did JEFTS groundschool with said eligible bachelor. Although I don’t know what he is up to now, I guess its gen. :)

Thud_and_Blunder
26th Aug 2001, 05:39
When I saw the thread title I assumed it referred to the Marie Claire Fashion Shoot at Odiham(!) :eek: around 1996, which featured - among others - the then-OC Soft-and-Fluffy flight and some over-bedecked clotheshorse. Whoever is featured in the magazine shouldn't be too worried about his career prospects; the then-OC-SF is back as a Sqn Cdr... ;)

Oggin Aviator
26th Aug 2001, 14:02
He's a real person, doing the job as decribed. However don't know if he volunteered himself or was stitched for this article !!

BEagle
26th Aug 2001, 14:16
OK - BOFmail time. What the he££ is 'Marie Claire'? Some pre-pubescent teenage kids' comic? Or one of those glossy 'lifestyle' magazines like 'GQ' and 'FHM' full of aftershave and underwear adverts? Or some magazine for girlies about the perfect orgasm?

No doubt 'specaircrew' will be able to tell me?

Once upon a time, the only non-aviation magazines found in aircrew crewrooms would have been 'Mayfair' and 'Autocar'...

[ 26 August 2001: Message edited by: BEagle ]

Oggin Aviator
26th Aug 2001, 16:09
Beags - A combination of your last two guesses!! FHM/GQ for twentysomething, successful career women. The article in question has a bio of a SHAR mate and the opportunity for said twentysomething, successful career women to go out on a date with him.

BEagle
26th Aug 2001, 18:57
Good grief! Are there no depths to which people will not sink? What was second prize? 2 nights out with him?

<<Commissioned officer in HM's Grey Funnel Aviation Department seeks the adoration of successful twentysomething magazine-reading babe for a night out spent listening to tales of daring-do over the briny. Please try to stay awake throughout.>>

[ 26 August 2001: Message edited by: BEagle ]

uncle peter
26th Aug 2001, 19:08
followed the chap thru training... beags, your capacity for accuracy is undiminished despite the obvious shot in the dark. nice guy but thinks with his crotch... typical shar mate?

GashShag
29th Aug 2001, 02:10
Back in the old days of 1991ish, can you remember some guys (perhaps 111 cse Linton or the same guys on their Hawk course) do a fashion shoot for CQ all dressed up in their No. 5's???

Olly O'Leg
29th Aug 2001, 22:07
.....or the three new guys from last year's Red Arrows in the Times Magazine about five months ago staring into the distance, helmets under arms, whilst some totty parades in front of them wearing "Camouflage Print". Very cheesy indeed....... :rolleyes:

Poison Arrow
3rd Sep 2001, 09:21
Gashshag- 114 cse I believe. I remember fruit batting DF. How we laughed....

And how they didn't laugh after their hats-on 'Bulldog towing' antics.

If GR is around, have you finally learnt how to play guitar yet? get in touch you gibbon.