PDA

View Full Version : Heavylift Airlines

Skystar320
23rd Nov 2009, 23:44
Well whats going on, since they sold Ozjet? I've been following HeavyLift posters comments he recently had the following to say:

The Belfast is on a 121 certificate and will be crew training in a couple of weeks, for the new transport contract starting February. Several Captains/FO/and FEs are rated and also fly the 727s.

Lots of support from the UK vendors and truck loads of spares and engines. 10 years to run at least.

Since Geoff Leach ran away ( tried to take over the running of the company rather than fixing the planes ) the dispatch has gone back to 100% on all birds especially the 727s. He was penny wise pound foolish.

Working on grubby cessna's ( all different colours ) out in the bush now.

And

HeavyLift getting another two B727-200Fs in BNE shortly the 727-100 going to operate ex PNG

Seems that the cargo carrier is certainly looking up?

feetonthedash
24th Nov 2009, 00:50
How can these aeroplanes still be serviceable when they sit around doing nothing for huge periods of time.
The ones in CNS must be full of corrosion

SmoothCriminal
24th Nov 2009, 14:09
Feet on the D

Aircraft can quiet comfortably sit around for extended periods as long as they are looked after and idle maintenance is attended to., there are several other technical terms to address this

What makes you think CNS machines must be full of corrosion ?! :ugh:

Smoothie.,.,., :ok:

ab33t
24th Nov 2009, 17:26
In the last few months I have seen many adds for 727 crew for cargo ops , so yes that is most certainly tue the old birds are still sort after and operating

StallsandSpins
25th Nov 2009, 03:45
Whats wrong with cessna's? i see the WACO Geoff had has now gone back to NZ. What happened to the stearman he had? i think it was the first one in australia.

Timber
27th Nov 2009, 23:31
Airlines fly aircraft halfway around the world to find a dry climate to store them. Cairns must be one of the lousiest places to store an aircraft long term, similar to Jakarta for instance. Just have a look at the condition of aircraft stored there for extended periods...!

nasa
3rd Dec 2009, 00:25
Rec'd a call from PNG this morning to tell me HL had gone into Liquidation....

Skystar320
3rd Dec 2009, 01:59
ASIC Free Company Name Search (http://www2.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=102_571_746&juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1)

Basic search

Mach E Avelli
3rd Dec 2009, 06:06
Skystar, that link doesn't say much. Which Heavylift has gone down the toilet? Heavylift in Australia, the one in Sierra Leone, the one in the Phillipines, the one in Sharjah, the one with the post office box in the Cayman Islands, the one in the ATO's gunsights or the one CASA seem to think is squeaky clean?

Obie
3rd Dec 2009, 06:31
They're probably all one and the same! :ok:

Gnd Power
3rd Dec 2009, 07:26
Actually in this part of the world there is "Hevilift" which is part of the Regional Aviation Group and then there is "Heavylift Cargo Airlines".

One is predominately Helicopters and the other is predominately B727 freighters.

Lots of other Heavy Lifts around the world as well.

BTW, Hevilift is a player in PNG.

tourismman
3rd Dec 2009, 08:00
Heavylift Cargo airlines flew out this arvo around 4.30pm BNE TO POM as per normal with their 727-100F.

nasa
3rd Dec 2009, 20:20
Apparently it's the Regional Aviation Group and it must be true, according to my caller in PNG it's in the Paper :eek:

ZEEBEE
4th Dec 2009, 02:24
It's In The Paper
Apparently it's the Regional Aviation Group and it must be true, according to my caller in PNG it's in the Paper

Wow, that's a big loss. :uhoh:

They belonged to the Swires Group who wouldn't tolerate any long term bleeding.

Maybe Pacific Helicopters will pick up some of the pieces.

DingoMuddy
4th Dec 2009, 04:54
Perhaps best to change the thread name to Hevilift if that's the case, which is a subsidiary of the Regional Aviation Group. Sad if true, though I would not have the same sadness for the other 727 freight operator.

AxelPNG
4th Dec 2009, 21:49
What paper was the report in? Any links?

spirax
5th Dec 2009, 13:45
Hevilift - Well they are still flying in PNG !!

Vector1Victor
6th Dec 2009, 05:33
So what's happening with the Australian Hevilift with the 727s?

CASA have been after them for a while over a number of issues, using overseas AOC for convenience, no SIM recurrency training etc.

Some friends of crew don't speak very highly of them or their regularity of payment.

feetonthedash
8th Dec 2009, 00:45
How come CASA allow HeavyLift Cargo to park their 727's and Belfast in Australia full time when they are not on the Aussie register and have to comply with all the rules the VH Boys have to..........it's a joke
:ugh:

AxelPNG
8th Dec 2009, 02:14
MRDC buys half of Hevi-Lift aviation
By JONATHAN FARAPO
THE Mineral Resource Development Company Limited (MRDC) announced a 50 per cent share acquisition of Hevi-Lift regional aviation yesterday making the trustee organisation a major shareholder of the company.
Managing director of MRDC Augustine Mano said MRDC’s strategic buy-in made it the new part owners of Hevi-Lift and equal partners in the company’s operations.
Interest groups represented in the Hevi-Lift share acquisition include Petroleum Resources Kutubu Limited (PRK), Petroleum Resources Gobe Limited (PRG), Petroelum Resources Moran Limited (PRM), and Mineral Resource Star Mountain Lim-ited(MRSM).
The deal was sealed last week after six months of negotiations. It will also introduce a training program to help Papua New Guineans to progress in various fields of the aviation industry.
Mr Mano said that the share acquisition also marked a milestone in the resource company’s history with three of the six board members of Hevi-Lift coming from MRDC. He said in a statement that MRDC welcomed the partnership with Hevi-Lift not only for the exciting business opportunities it presented but also for the future training and employment opportunities that would result from the investment.
“MRDC’s investment not only fits well with its objective to improve the value of the company through supporting the current minerals and resource development within the region but provides us with an opportunity to address the long term commitment to our stakeholders to provide employment and other business opportunities that the resource projects will provide,” he said.
Hevi-Lift’s managing director Paul Booij said MRDC’s investment in his company was an exciting development that would provide an opportunity to promote the human resource in PNG. He said the company sought to develop a comprehensive training program with their core business targeting the resource sector.
“We are very excited about this investment and are looking forward to being part of a new future,” he said.

Waghi Warrior
8th Dec 2009, 19:59
I can confirm with AlexPNG. I saw it on EMTV news last night. The MRDC is a land owner company and these guys will be cashed up for years to come,I'm sure the spinoffs will be very positive for all concerned not to mention the Blues Brothers. The Swire group got out of the business years ago with Collins and Leah,that was when the Boiij group took over.

How's mad dog going,has he settled down yet ? :ok:

black gun
8th Dec 2009, 21:37
No he is still Mad...one of the best CP to work for

grip-pipe
9th Dec 2009, 07:10
Glad we finally cleared up the bleeding obvious about Hevilift v Heavylift not being one and the same and unrelated. If you knew the area or the industry better you would know that Hevilift's main game was rotary wing and other transport in PNG and it never had any association with HeavyLift Cargo and it was always part of the Swire Group just like the former Cape York Airlines was.

Vector1Victor - what makes you an expert on HeavyLift Cargo and what have they done to you? And as for Feet on the Dash - better take em off and put em on the pedals, might help you steer in the right direction.

Timber
27th Apr 2010, 01:46
Haven't seen any Heavylift aircraft for some time in Brisbane.
There always used to be one or two Heavy B727's parked at the old terminal. I don't see them any more.
Have they gone out of business or has everything just moved up to Cairns?

tourismman
27th Apr 2010, 04:04
I think i can answer part of this but not all.

I believe RP-C8017 left BNE for the Phillipines 3-4 weeks ago.Prior to that they were leasing Asia Pacific 722F on several occasions.Whether it has gone for maintenance although the 727 in this country has only till sep 1 due to the noise scenario-WOULD it be worth it ?.Pacific Air Express have started a BNE-POM sunday flight but not sure if that is for themeselves or Heavylift.I also have heard a rumour re FAA putting the hard word on Phillipines CAB and as the aircraft are registered in the Phillipines this may have affected them ???.The CNS aircraft have not moved for years.

Does Heavy cargo know the answer.

Going Nowhere
27th Apr 2010, 07:09
I have seen a Toll 733F doing the BNE-POM and BNE-HIR flights lately.

Car RAMROD
28th Apr 2010, 00:50
Skystar,

Since Geoff Leach ran away ( tried to take over the running of the company rather than fixing the planes ) the dispatch has gone back to 100% on all birds especially the 727s. He was penny wise pound foolish.

Working on grubby cessna's ( all different colours ) out in the bush now.

Things havn't changed much with GL. Not sure who you quoted in the above but they are quite right when they say "rather than fixing the planes".
Those 'grubby cessnas' and other FNQ aircraft don't really come out of the hangar any better than when they go in. I wouldn't send my aircraft there by choice...

LeadSled
28th Apr 2010, 08:32
Feetonthedash,

How come CASA allow HeavyLift Cargo to park their 727's and Belfast in Australia full time when they are not on the Aussie register and have to comply with all the rules the VH Boys have to..........it's a jokeBecause that's what the Australian Constitution and the law allows.

If you don't like it, I suggest you take your feet off the dash, and write to Mr. K. Rudd, C/- Parliament House, ACT, 2600, and demand a referendum to change the Constitution.

As he is no longer going to have a referendum on changing health funding, perhaps he has time for a substitute referendum.

Why don't you do something useful, like conduct a campaign to get ride of all the silly rules that make Australian operators with VH- aircraft so uncompetitive, which seriously limits jobs for Australian.

Tootle pip!!

SRM
28th Apr 2010, 23:07
They probably will when one of these a/c end up at the end of a runway somewhere in a fireball.
If these operators want to get away from complying with Australian rules or oversight they should not be allowed to operate in Australian airspace.

feetonthedash
29th Apr 2010, 01:27
I see the CNS 727 had a C Check recently............well they repainted the heavy lift logo...........thats the same right

CASA is a joke allowing these piles of junk to still keep flying!
Imagine one of these 727's ending up on the esplanade at CNS!
:sad:

Lasiorhinus
29th Apr 2010, 04:54
If the aircraft are not airworthy, operating unsafely or anything else illegal, report them to the appropriate authority.
In this case, it's the CAAP.

info.caap [at] capp.gov.ph

nasa
29th Apr 2010, 07:39
If the aircraft are not airworthy, operating unsafely or anything else illegal, report them to the appropriate authority.
In this case, it's the CAAP.

info.caap [at] capp.gov.ph

Yeah rite :)

GuppyEng.com
29th Apr 2010, 16:18
They probably will when one of these a/c end up at the end of a runway somewhere in a fireball.

Imagine one of these 727's ending up on the esplanade at CNS!

A bit Dramatic I think. :ugh:

Unusual-Attitude
13th May 2010, 22:44
Off topic slightly, but I recall hevi lift also owned Regional Pacific in Cns operating Braz's, which they recently sold.

Have been hearing the operation might be winding up soon? Any truth to this?

Going Nowhere
13th May 2010, 23:53
I don't think the RPT runs have been operating out of CNS for the last few days.

Saying that, I did see the Braz come in to CNS on monday.

Unusual-Attitude
15th May 2010, 12:19
GuppyEng, if it ended up on the cns esplanade, it'd probably be turned into a backpackers bar...

doleque
15th May 2010, 12:56
U-A

do you reckon that the backpackers would stoop that low!

tourismman
1st Jun 2010, 09:22
I have heard a rumour 2 x 733F are coming.Can anyone confirm this and a date.

Cheers

Heavy Cargo
2nd Jun 2010, 10:48
First B737-300F VH-JWL shortly, Brisbane base. :cool:

dodo whirlygig
2nd Jun 2010, 12:23
VH-JWL

registration search yeilded nothing. you sure about that?

Timber
3rd Jun 2010, 08:43
Not a bad aircraft but I'll believe it when I see it.

Skystar320
5th Jun 2010, 04:34
Oh HC your so full of :mad:

SRM
5th Jun 2010, 10:32
Maybe this is the 737-300 that was to replace the 737-200 for the NLK ops back in the Ozjet operation.

If Heavy Lift have anything to do with it, I it give the same credence.:ok:

LeadSled
5th Jun 2010, 12:08
If these operators want to get away from complying with Australian rules or oversight they should not be allowed to operate in Australian airspace.

SRM,
If that was the case, ALL overseas airlines and many other operators would be barred from Australia, because Part 129 AOC holders only have to show compliance with ICAO standards, not Australian regulations.

Indeed, some airlines might uncharitably suggest that they wouldn't lower their standards to comply with "Australian Rules".

Heavilift Cargo Airlines has consistently passed ICAO IOSA audits, something with which some Australian airlines have had a problem ---- so what does that say about "Australian Rules".

Tootle pip!!

GuppyEng.com
5th Jun 2010, 18:01
Dont you just love these people that know everything thats going on:D

Timber
6th Jun 2010, 05:12
Been drinking too much tootle pip I guess....!

triadic
6th Jun 2010, 14:09
Heavilift Cargo Airlines has consistently passed ICAO IOSA audits, something with which some Australian airlines have had a problem ---- so what does that say about "Australian Rules".

A quick search of the IATA IOSA web site does not show Hevilift or Heavylift

(Note: this thread is about Heavylift HeavyLift Cargo Airlines (http://heavyliftcargo.com/) the operator of the Shorts Belfast and some B727's. The other Hevilift is an operator in PNG. Not the same! )

QF & DJ are the only two Aust airlines listed as having completed an IOSA audit.
Both of these carriers used an Audit Organisation not based in Aust. What "problem" do you refer to?

Skystar320
13th Jun 2010, 12:52
So HC, just where is this a.c????

Skystar320
14th Jun 2010, 00:56
So HC, with HeavyLife fleet up for sale including the Belfast where does this leave the airline operational?

Havn't seen a B737-300F yet

Darwinism
14th Jun 2010, 01:19
You won't get an answer from NL until he has come up some 'witty reply' that has nothing to do with the matter but can end with "on the beach"!

Exgolfer
15th Jun 2010, 00:45
HC is busy leaving comments on other threads instead.:ugh:

Skystar320
15th Jun 2010, 01:56
HC, I know my eyes are not that good, but I still can't find any B737-300Fs for heavylift.

Perhaps you could show me?

SRM
15th Jun 2010, 08:38
May be MISLEAD can tell us what HC cannot.

redstep
17th Jun 2010, 03:57
Heavylift, One Sky Aviation, TransGlobal, One Sky Cargo.. They are all the same.

The 727F RP-C8019 that One Sky Aviation used in Australia was an illegal operation as it does not have a valid CPCN from the CAB. It was reported by CASA to CAAP and CAB and is now under investigation until today.

A desperate move was then made transferring ownership of RP-C8019 from One Sky Aviation to One Sky Cargo, and now to TransGlobal Airways. Subsequent application by TransGlobal Airways to use the aircraft has been denied by authorites because of the pending investigation.

The registration and airworthiness of this aircraft had expired already early this month and has since remain parked in Clark.

the wizard of auz
17th Jun 2010, 22:52
Gosh. I'm surprised that no one has cottoned onto the fact that the aircraft now parked at Clark was seized in POM by the authorities, while passing through a while back. Doing another illegal freight run like it had been doing for some time.
It all seems to have caught up with them now though.

Timber
23rd Jun 2010, 07:57
The rumour in POM is that the wrong HVY B727 aircraft was held for a few days. The one they really wanted had passed through several months earlier on its way to the Philppines, where it remains for now. True or false....? Who knows.

LeadSled
24th Jun 2010, 15:10
Folks,

The IOSA audits of Heavy Lift Cargo were carried out by ACS, from Melbourne.

It is some time ago now, but a very well known Australian airline failed its first IOSA audit, conducted by the lads from Texas. Needless to say, it came as somewhat as a surprise to thesenior management, if not the troops. Unsurprisingly, flight ops. management changes followed.

Tootle pip!!

the wizard of auz
25th Jun 2010, 01:24
I'm Pretty sure the authorities were seizing any aircraft that wore the colors, although there was reputedly a one number difference on the seizure notice that had to be amended. Admin? Phat Phingas? or bad info from Airservices?
The one that was seized is parked at Clark I understand, and that was its destination when leaving POM. Heard a whisper that it is parked, out of rego and under control of the Philippine Authorities now. but who knows? it was only a whisper.

Skystar320
25th Jun 2010, 03:32
Hc, where is this B737-300F???

Mach E Avelli
25th Jun 2010, 06:08
Skystar, methinks he has finally learned not to rise to your cruel taunts. Not all he doesn't rise to either.....

Anthill
26th Jun 2010, 03:54
A bit below the belt, Mach!

:}

Skystar320
15th Nov 2010, 10:07
So where are these 737-300 Freighters?

zanzibar
15th Nov 2010, 23:55
You're right Skystar, we will not see any 737-300F's, heard that from a reliable source.

feenix
16th Nov 2010, 05:33
Zanzibar you are right there won't be any B737-300 freighters as they are B737-400 freighters.

Peter Brady
16th Nov 2010, 07:44
Feenix.... did you know that prostitution is still illegal in Queensland. Maybe also in Nauru.

feenix
16th Nov 2010, 08:05
Bit touchy there Pete !!!!!!!!. By the way did you know in fact it is not illegal ? In any case I resent your implication.

zanzibar
17th Nov 2010, 08:55
-400's, exactly what i was saying, feenix, just in a more roundabout way .................

heard that April was the start-up target.

Skystar320
17th Nov 2010, 10:15
April been and gone. Where the F*** are they?

doleque
17th Nov 2010, 10:58
By the way did you know in fact it is not illegal ? In any case I resent your implication.

Um....Is that resent....or .....represent. (repriˈzent ..vb). ;)

tourismman
28th Nov 2010, 01:46
Australian Aviation states it is in MIA getting converted and due delivery in December.
msn 24529

N529PR ex PH-BDS of KLM.

Skystar320
11th Dec 2010, 05:00
early December has been and gone... Any new freighters in Australia?

feenix
12th Dec 2010, 22:35
Skystar you are right there are no new freighters in Aus but there is on the register VH-JWL. Nothing will happen over the silly season but January would be a good bet. Bit like the shampoo add it won't happen overnight but it will happen

tourismman
21st Jan 2011, 08:53
Add in today's Australian newspaper .Chasing AME'S under Our Airline for this 734F.Heavylift will operate under Our Airline's AOC as already mentioned.Aircraft is in MIA presently but should be here very soon.I believe Our Airline drivers will fly the aircraft but not 100% sure ???

tourismman
27th Jan 2011, 23:32
Skystar 320 IT IS DUE this arvo into YBBN.

Cool banana
28th Jan 2011, 04:30
Just watched an Heavylift painted B737-400F land at YBBN. It touchdown around 14.50L today.

witwiw
28th Jan 2011, 08:06
Taken by a friend in Nauru this afternoon.

Understand it flew Miami-San Francisco-Hawaii-Nauru-Brisbane over three days.
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x338/witwiw1/HeavyLiftNauru.jpg

doleque
28th Jan 2011, 08:26
witwiw

seemed that not too long ago you (and several others) hated and so posted about Ozjet/Heavylift and its management with a passion....,

now your salivating is making a mess of my screen.

Good luck, hope it works...............................................

Skystar320
28th Jan 2011, 08:35
well seeing that the link doesn't work there is no way to verfify?

Though if it is true, I'll gladly eat my hat

Mister.E
28th Jan 2011, 08:57
I saw it in Miami the other morning and can say it looks stunning! It was'nt there today so I assume it has departed back to Oz.:D

witwiw
28th Jan 2011, 09:00
now your salivating is making a mess of my screen.

posting a friend's pic is hardly salivating, methinks you have an axe to grind.

doleque
28th Jan 2011, 09:51
Axe to grind .....Nah, just was there...oh and somewhat moved on (lifted out of the quagmire).

However, do find the OA /HeavyLift new love amusing considering the comments when Heavylift ( O7) were competing with OA.

OA/HeavyLift/NLK, wow a great love in.

dodo whirlygig
28th Jan 2011, 10:01
I'm intrigued, where/when were Our Airlines competing with Heavylift? One is a pure freight operation, isn't it?

And what link are you talking about S320? Other than the photograph, none of the recent posts has a link. Is it relevant?

Skystar320
28th Jan 2011, 10:18
we cannot see the picture

Worrals in the wilds
28th Jan 2011, 10:25
I'd take a punt on that as follows.

Our Airline/Air Nauru used to carry a heck of a lot of freight to Honiara and probably still do. I know they are RPT, but most of the hold and a fair few seats upstairs were traditionally dedicated to freight and there was usually a low pax load when compared to other pacific carriers, although it always went out chockers.

Heavylift also ran freight to Honiara so hence the competition, although Our Airline carried the self loading as well, and even the most dedicated LCC bogan wouldn't have wanted to sit in the back of the HVY (or wouldn't have been allowed to:E). The ramp nickname for ON used to be the Coles Express, because it carried everything from meat and vegies to ceiling fans and engine parts. The other joke was that one day you'd see them taxiing out with fully loaded roof racks. I'm not having a go at them by any means, but they certainly loaded more freight than the average carrier.

Word round the campfire is that HVY are now sharing the OA AOC? No idea if that's true and would appreciate any better info, if only for the Morbid Curiosity file.

P.S. I can't see the picture either.
P.P.S. where's a smelly ol' AN-12 when you need it? I mizz ze Ukraines...:}

doleque
28th Jan 2011, 11:04
dodo

Lets see....Once upon a time OA had the NLK operation, but lost it to O7 as they could not comply with the contract (their aircraft was repo'd). Next 07 was sold to HeavyLift and thus HeavyLift through OJ held the contract.

O7/HeavyLift then went into receivership and OA (who now had an aircraft again) got the NLK operation back and were happy again (actually OA got it back a few days before the receivership thing happened, but that is another story)

Note though, supporters of OA (via this forum) kinda got consumed by it all and bagged OJ/HeavyLift et all to the nth degree.

AND now it has come full circle and all are just lovvey fwiends.

How cute. :eek:

Worrals in the wilds
28th Jan 2011, 12:16
The moral of the story being:
No long term money in flying to Honiara or Norfolk. By the sounds of it, that's the case even if you run the Coles Express. Still, every two years or so (it's a weary, ever-repeating cycle) someone decides to launch a jet based airline to/from Honiara and everyone gets Very Excited, particularly if there are a couple of other marketable destinations thrown in :}.

There's no money in the Windorah/Birdsville/Bedourie/Thank-God-we-got-to-the-Isa epic either, which is why the route is government subsidised, otherwise the whole thing would be back to camel trains. Of course, you have to be able to feed the camels :}. Didn't the Norfolk government subsidise their flights? Even with that, is it still an unviable route?
Hope camels can swim...:ooh:

Skystar320
28th Jan 2011, 14:35
Van you provide a picture of the aircraft that actually works

Mister.E
28th Jan 2011, 18:34
http://southeastqldaviation.********.com/2011/01/heavylift-734f-vh-jwl-arrived-bne-today.html

Though if it is true, I'll gladly eat my hat

And how would you like that prepared Sir:hmm:

ringbinder
29th Jan 2011, 00:14
I've been a long time traveller to/from Honiara and I have come to know a lot of the Our Airline people as well as the local Solomonese ground staff over many years. I've picked up a lot of information as a result by watching, asking and listening and feel I am able to comment.

Worrals etc. your comments are not correct. Our Airline do carry a lot of freight from Brisbane and, as you say, some loaded in cabin seat packs. However, very little of this is for the Solomon Islands instead being almost all for Nauru. That "they certainly loaded more freight than the average carrier" is because of the island's isolation and the fact that they have an irregular shipping service. By comparison, HeavyLift only went as far as Honiara, and not beyond, so it is not a valid comparison. HeavyLift typically could carry in 16 plus tonnes whilst the typical offload I've observed from Our Airline is usually only a baggage trolley full, at best 6-700kgs possibly?? They also uplift freight from Honiara to Nauru because no-one else goes there, not even HeavyLift.

To suggest they were in competition is fanciful.

Worrals in the wilds
29th Jan 2011, 02:15
Fair enough, thanks for the clarification. As I said, it was a guess.
So are they now sharing an AOC or was that airside rumour incorrect?
What's the nature of the 'love in' (to pinch a phrase)?

dodo whirlygig
29th Jan 2011, 03:14
Doleque, I'm a bit amused at your naivety, plenty of companies get together even though they are competitors otherwise. Rio Tinto and BHP-Billiton attempted that (got beaten by forces greater than themselves) but do you think they would have even tried going down that path if it wasn't worthwhile? (Incidentally, BHP-Billiton is the product of a merger in itself.) Several examples of banks merging (Commonwealth Bank and Colonial, for one) tell a similar story as does something like the merger between biofuels company Farmacule and AquaCarotene - the list goes on-and-on. That OA and HL are apparently joining forces in a not unusual manner in the real commercial world could well be of mutual benefit to both.

Otherwise, what is unusual in the fact that OZ took over from OA when they lost the contract on legitimate grounds, or that OA took over when OZ suffered a similar fate? Somebody had to take over, that's just the cut and thrust of business in the real world. I understand that the Norfolk contracts are awarded by the Norfolk Administration/Norfolk Air so they could have gone to anyone who'd put in a valid and attractive tender. The fact that the tender opportunities came up because of the termination of the then existing contracts is another fact of life in business. Maybe there's some intrigue, as you indicate, in the way things happened but such stories would abound in every industry worldwide.

"AND now it has come full circle and all are just lovvey fwiends. How cute. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif"

Nothing cute about it at all, just business.

====================================================

"Note though, supporters of OA (via this forum) kinda got consumed by it all and bagged OJ/HeavyLift et all to the nth degree."

Maybe, but those views doubtfully represent those of the respective managements. What's the relevance?

Cravenmorehead
29th Jan 2011, 03:35
I would like to know why is the Belfast/slow sitting on taxyway Golf in Cairns. A wonderful old girl nonetheless. I think it is the last of it's kind, correct me if I am wrong. I bet it has some stories to tell. I last saw it fly about 3 years ago. I assume this is the same company. It must be costing a bomb to have it sit there. Does give Cairns a sort of exotic look tho'. I seem to remember the old 727 being chopped up, an inglorious end. They were registered it seems in some port/country of convenience, like The British Virgin Islands.
I have to agree that the Solomons and Norfolk do appear to be a graveyard and kiss of death for Ailines/operators. Good luck fellas.
Craven

Skystar320
29th Jan 2011, 04:08
still awaiting the picture

zanzibar
29th Jan 2011, 05:59
still awaiting the picture

You'd be the only one, then. The post was edited about 6 hours ago. You should look harder!!

Skystar320
29th Jan 2011, 06:35
well I'll be dammed. Wonder how long these will be here for

down3gr33ns
30th Jan 2011, 06:46
Word round the campfire is that HVY are now sharing the OA AOC?

No, I don't believe you can do that nowadays. That's one thing the Clowns Against Sensible Aviation got right. Got rid of all the operators who couldn't get an AOC in their own right.

Skystar320
30th Jan 2011, 07:01
Regarding the aircraft are they owned or lease?

If they are a lease, then questions raise to 'whom' pays the aircraft rental?

Worrals in the wilds
30th Jan 2011, 08:38
This one does have a VH rego, unlike the 727s and the Belfast.

witwiw
30th Jan 2011, 10:25
If they are a lease, then questions raise to 'whom' pays the aircraft rental?

Sorry, S320, you've lost me. What does it matter by whom the lease is paid, as long as it is?

The aircraft is VH registered (and THAT would have been a rigmarole knowing the hoops CASA put you through), and, it will have to be on someone's AOC and therefore comply with all that goes with that - what is your concern?

Selcalweb.co.uk
30th Jan 2011, 16:17
May I stick my beak in and ask if anyone knows what it ferried across the Pac as?

Reason I ask is I heard "Heavy 1/Heavylift 1" being repeatedly called by Nandi on HF between 2142-2148 utc on 27 Jan, so that would be around 0745 local time on 28th I think? Would VH-JWL be the aircraft in question? Can anyone confirm for me please?

Thanks a lot. :)

SRM
30th Jan 2011, 22:41
Hi Secalweb, That appears to be the rego on the photo however the CASA web site does not have the a/c listed !

Hope this helps in some way.

tourismman
31st Jan 2011, 00:19
Selcalweb that is correct HVY 001 was the callsign MIA-SFO-HNL-INU-BNE.

down3gr33ns
31st Jan 2011, 01:59
Was listening on the scanner when VH-JWL arrived - callsign was "Heavy Cargo 1"

Mister.E
31st Jan 2011, 06:17
SRM

VH-JWL is showing on the CASA website as being registered on Jan 25th 2011.

down3gr33ns
31st Jan 2011, 06:33
Here we go Worrals, the answer to your AOC query in Post No. 84.
Thanks Mister. E.

Now let the detractors begin ....................................

Registration holder as of 25 January 2011
TRANSPACIFIC PTY. LTD.
PO Box Q596
QUEEN VICTORIA BUILDING NSW 1230
AUSTRALIA
Registered operator as of 25 January 2011
NAURU AIR CORPORATION
PO Box 10355
Adelaide Street
BRISBANE QLD 4000
AUSTRALIA

Selcalweb.co.uk
1st Feb 2011, 14:47
Thanks a lot guys. :ok:

Worrals in the wilds
1st Feb 2011, 23:47
Thanks down3greens.
I wonder how often they're planning to do a trip?

BPB737
10th Feb 2011, 10:50
Maybe Maybe not!!!!! heard HC up to old ways $$$$$$$ wonder how many aircraft HC can have around the country as roosts for birds gathering Bird S**t the B737-400 F might be doing the same !!!!!:rolleyes:

SRM
11th Feb 2011, 02:41
Well how about that, they say a Leopard never changes it spots.

Interesting Rego J.W.Lxxxx

Ex Squeeze Me
14th Mar 2011, 12:12
Well something does not really add up down there. Transpacific Pty Limited with a company number of 073 644 612 was put into bankruptcy on the 16th February 2011. Check out your regulators site which is ASIC.GOV.AU and search in the box on the Right Hand side - all shows up. Well exsquuuuuueeeeeeeeeze me !

witwiw
15th Mar 2011, 00:42
That'd possibly be relevant, Exsqueezeme, if the ASIC data base wasn't a month behind with information. I just happen to have contacts in the right places and I think you'll find it's otherwise and that you're just stirring some sh1te. Interesting why you'd bother as a first-time poster.

Wait for the next update of the ASIC web site and you'll be enlightened.

Wagner Principal
15th Mar 2011, 01:24
I have heard, well seen a Notam that states the Belfast parked on taxyway G at Cairns will be there till at least July. My understanding is that the Cairns Port Authority have a lien on the aircraft, and will not release it till the debts are paid.
Meanwhile they continue racking up debt in parking fees. I suppose eventually the airport owners will own the aircraft in there own right and sell it. I believe it is still airworthy????
They chopped up the 727 as it was of no value. Except as scrap metal.
So is this the same Heavy lift Airlines? If it is how can it continue to operate with a new AOC still owing so much money?
Just curious.
If it is the same company who would trust them?

zanzibar
15th Mar 2011, 06:08
They chopped up the 727 as it was of no value.

Not so, it had scrap metal value and was sold as such.

how can it continue to operate ..... still owning so much money?

If you own so much money then it is easy to continue operating. If you're owing money that, then, is different.

with a new AOC

Have they a new AOC?

Heavy Cargo
15th Mar 2011, 07:49
Believe, Belfast and CL44 engines were sold to Flying Tiger Oversized Transport Pty Ltd last month.No parking lien on that old girl.The 4 x B727 sold one scrapped . :cool:

As our Prime Minister says "MOVING FORWARD".

down3gr33ns
15th Mar 2011, 09:47
So, will the Belfast be flown out, and when?

I'd love to see it airborne again having seen it beforeso in CNS.

Not sure I'd want anything to do with Gillard - not even a quote. Sinking ship etc etc. Might be different if she had actually been elected to that position rather than selling her soul to the wannabe independents to get it!!!

dodo whirlygig
15th Mar 2011, 09:54
Have they an AOC, full stop, let alone a NEW one?

CASA register says Our Airline are the operator. Do they need an AOC if someone else is the operator?

Worrals in the wilds
15th Mar 2011, 11:21
As our Prime Minister says "MOVING FORWARD".

When's the 737F at Brisbane going to do a run?

listentome
15th Mar 2011, 12:34
Administrators stepped in last month, aircraft now subject of ownership scrap in the courts. Looks like someone owes someone some money....

SRM
16th Mar 2011, 02:17
This sounds like a replay

Worrals in the wilds
16th Mar 2011, 02:49
The parking bill should be an interesting addition to the court claims. It's been sitting around for a while now.

Skystar320
8th Apr 2011, 11:11
to put another twist in this.... VH-JWL is up for sale!

Boeing 737-400 Freighter for sale by Flightstar Trading LLC from 1989 (http://www.aviatorsale.com/aircrafts/8297/)

What's up, not flying much?

Tee Emm
8th Apr 2011, 11:41
Van you provide a picture of the aircraft that actually works

And a piccy of a camel swimming, please.

Skystar320
9th Apr 2011, 06:47
cough, cough....

Must go get this tickle in the throat sorted out

BPB737
10th Apr 2011, 23:44
Saw some JH guys working on HL 737-400F , wonder whats going on !!! work being overseen buy some one with an FAA A&P counting the hours , suspect its either recievers or ON trying to work out a deal, funnything "NOTICE THE SILENCE FROM HC" :O:{

Timber
10th Jul 2011, 00:48
Is that nice B737-400F finally flying or still parked in BNE?

tourismman
10th Jul 2011, 03:36
Still parked at BNE however i did notice in the Australian 2 fridays's ago that Our Airline in a advertisement calling for a Engineering mgr stated they operate 3 classics out of BNE. VH-NLK,VH-INU and VH-JWL. So mayby it is due to fly soon ??
Heavylift planned to fly this under the Our Airline aoc.

chuboy
8th Jun 2012, 08:54
It flew to MEL today... has it finally been sold?

Cargo744
8th Jun 2012, 09:25
Nope... Heavy maintenance in Mel ordered by Korda mentha then try and sell.

Engineer_aus
10th Jun 2012, 03:37
I heard that it was down for things that could not be sorted out in Brisbane.

chimbu warrior
17th Jun 2012, 05:24
Reported that the Belfast has had the tail painted. See here http://fnqskies.********.com.au/

capt kickback
19th Jun 2012, 04:21
Word on the street is that it has been sold to a South American operator!!

SRM
19th Jun 2012, 07:15
Its a wonder JWL did not join the rest of NLs aircraft including the Intruder up against the fence ready to be cut up.

What a waste :cool:

Tankengine
19th Jun 2012, 07:25
Intruder? How bad is it? Any parts off it could go towards a warbird
build-up.:sad:

Worrals in the wilds
19th Jun 2012, 09:31
Toll didn't want it?

Skystar320
19th Jun 2012, 10:14
its a -400, dont toll just operate -300's?

Bring back the mightly 3 - holer!!!!

Worrals in the wilds
19th Jun 2012, 10:27
Point.
Absolutely! :ok:

3 Holer
19th Jun 2012, 10:31
I'll second that Skystar & Worrals !:ok:

ASY68
19th Jun 2012, 12:18
Skystar320 its a -400, dont toll just operate -300's?

No, they are now operating an all white B734 too...

j3pipercub
19th Jun 2012, 12:53
The only -300 that toll operate are the ATR42-300. You guys are referring to the kiwi company airwork who operate the 737s.

Worrals in the wilds
19th Jun 2012, 22:51
Do airwork own the aircraft? I thought they just serviced them.
Ta, anyway. Learn something every day! :8

zanzibar
20th Jun 2012, 10:22
The only -300 that toll operate are the ATR42-300.

Nah, sorry, you're wrong.

You guys are referring to the kiwi company airwork who operate the 737s.

Yep, painted in TOLL livery.

No, they are now operating an all white B734 too...

Correct. Was on "N" registration in AKL a few month ago. Seen in BNE recently but unable to determine if it was NZ rego'd or still on the "N" rego.

Don't forget the 734 (Airworks) under Alliance livery, but NZ rego (JTL?), operating PER-KTA.

The TTMRA is a bit one-sided, it seems.

Wellwellwell
20th Jun 2012, 10:33
The TTMRA is a bit one-sided, it seems.

Really? Is that why Jetstar has 10 aircraft flying domestically in NZ on VH regos...

j3pipercub
20th Jun 2012, 22:45
Zanzibar,

Could you please tell me how I'm wrong? Massive difference between the company and a sub contractor.

j3

Romulus
22nd Sep 2012, 20:20
mortagagee sale (http://smh.domain.com.au/real-estate-news/black-is-back-as-gothic-mansion-goes-for-5m-20120922-26doi.html)

SRM
23rd Sep 2012, 02:22
Not too shabby hey Nick, I suppose a few bills need to be paid.:cool:

Mister.E
23rd Sep 2012, 16:07
He does'nt pay any bills, just tries to con people. It will all catch up with him one day!

Romulus
23rd Sep 2012, 21:27
Bought for $6.15M

Claimed value at $13M

Sold for $5M

By the mortgagee.

Sounds somewhat familiar.

I just wonder who the man in the white polo top was. Or the man in blue.

Cactusjack
25th Sep 2012, 06:31
Perhaps he needs the money to invest in a new AOC?

hvydriver
13th Jul 2013, 21:40
Resurrecting an older thread. I'm curious about HL because apparently they have bought 2 of DHLAirways (Astar Air Cargo) DC8-73's, and it appears they are going to run them out of Brisbane to Navaru, Singapore, and Port Moresby. Any current light someone might shed on this would be appreciated!

Skystar320
14th Jul 2013, 12:58
Something to do with this? Flightstar Trading LLC - Global Source for Airliners (http://www.flightstartrading.com/) Bottom left hand corner. Investors wanted for 2 x DC8's

hvydriver
14th Jul 2013, 14:05
Thanks for the lead, Sky!

Mach E Avelli
14th Jul 2013, 22:53
On that website I see the Belfast for sale at a cool $1.1 million. That at least would cover initial crew training and ferry. Or maybe he could attract Nigerian money. THAT would be poetic justice......

Trojan1981
10th Jun 2015, 11:02
I've heard the Belfast is off to Kenya.

Cravenmorehead
11th Jun 2015, 04:46
I better go get a photo of it then. It certainly has sat idle for a long while.
I was taught SCPL Nav by a bloke called Mcphail who said he flew them in their day. I saw it flying a few times out of Cairns, a wonderful old girl. Not too sure how many are left in the world now, a real museum piece.
Craven

olderairhead
11th Jun 2015, 07:04
There were only 10 built with 2 remaining. There’s the one in Cairns and the other with the RAF.

All 10 Belfasts were named:

Samson - RAF Serial XR362 (used registration G-ASKE for overseas test flight), sold as G-BEPE then scrapped

Goliath - RAF Serial XR363, sold as G-OHCA then scrapped

Pallas - RAF Serial XR364, sold as scrap to Rolls-Royce who recovered the Tyne engines

Hector - RAF Serial XR365, sold as G-HLFT then as 9L-LDQ operating with HeavyLift Cargo Airlines, now RP-C8020

Atlas - RAF Serial XR366, sold to RR for engines

Heracles - RAF Serial XR367 - sold as G-BFYU then scrapped

Theseus - RAF Serial XR368, sold as G-BEPS then in storage at Southend

Airport - Began being broken up 22/Oct/2008

Spartacus - RAF Serial XR369, sold as G-BEPL then scrapped

Ajax - RAF Serial XR370, sold to RR for engines

Enceladus - RAF Serial XR371, preserved as an exhibit at RAF Museum Cosford

The production list is here: Short Belfast production list (http://rzjets.net/aircraft/?typeid=177)

Cravenmorehead
12th Jun 2015, 00:50
Well I guess that answers my question then. Thanks for the information, certainly a rare aircraft.
Cheers,
Craven.

Fris B. Fairing
23rd Jan 2016, 21:36
I don't know if it's indicative of a clean-up by the Cairns airport authority but I am advised by a friend in Cairns that the longtime resident C-47 VH-SPY has had its wings removed (properly) and that the aircraft will be transported to a suburb of Cairns for purposes unknown.

Of more concern is his report that non-specified equipment is being assembled around the Belfast. I get the impression that this equipment is not maintenance related.

Cravenmorehead
24th Jan 2016, 04:06
That will be a real shame if it is true. I guess that the owners of the airport are liquidating the assets to recover the costs associated with parking. Just a guess though.
Pity, but I guess that is where we are at in this day and age, not much room for sentiment, costs too much it seems.
I wonder what anyone would do with a C-47 fuselage?
Craven

Chris2303
24th Jan 2016, 04:33
Hunterville in NZ has a DC3 McDonalds restaurant.....

4 Holer
28th Jan 2016, 00:37
I see on Aussie ASIC Heavylift Cargo Airlines is back up and running down under but they say owned out of the States. Some big birds here painted up with full HEAVYLIFT billboard logos carrying "N" numbers, others are out on lease with white tails no idea where they are headed.

dodo whirlygig
28th Jan 2016, 06:47
Really 4-Holer, you don't know?

Better peer in to the magic looking glass and ask NL, then.

4 Holer
18th Feb 2016, 20:16
Maybe , It is well known in the International market now that Nauru Air/Aergo charging Aussies $140,000 per flight for B737F 12 ton to Nauru WTF ??
Half that price seems more like it for a US operator to come do it on an Aussie carriers traffic rights ….:ok:

onehitwonder
19th Feb 2016, 00:49
Explains the rapid fleet growth

Wunwing
1st Mar 2016, 03:32
4 holer.

Do you know why the Australian Govt. is sending freight to Nauru? If you do and still ask the question then you clearly don't understand Australian politics.

Wunwing

4 Holer
20th Mar 2016, 15:02
Yes I see what you are saying. The Government are on Strike Thursday including airports, it looks a little like the start of Zimbabwe down there.

witwiw
25th Mar 2016, 11:04
Government on strike?????

What on earth are you talking about?

IAW
25th Mar 2016, 11:23
When is the next DC-8 coming out 4 Holer? Or will it be an Antonov or Ilyushin? Can't wait to see what cutting edge equipment you at Heavylift will bring downunder next chop!

4 Holer
25th Mar 2016, 15:22
IAW, seems your correct Australia is White Africa what other country would issue a (CASA) FAOC to an AN 12 operator from Ukraine ( on the floor laughing ) ??? BUT THEN the Australian Government use it and pay 400% the normal charter rate to Nauru ? The operator has had fatal crashes, thats funny….

"Safe Skies for all" hahahaha meanwhile CASA close your own VH Aviation industry down as they say in Africa "you cannot fix stupid" Well done :ok:

dodo whirlygig
26th Mar 2016, 10:33
It's already been asked - what are you talking about, Nick?

You need (a) to get a new fruiterer, you've got sour grapes, and, (b) to get your parents to ask for your school fees back.

4 Holer
26th Mar 2016, 14:41
AN12 with FAOC hahahahaha TOOOO Funny still cannot get of the floor laughing having trouble breathing……

Maybe we can get a couple AN12s to do the Amazon gig out of Wilmington Ohio with us ? OHH thats right you cannot fly AN12 in USA, but yanks are dodgy ??

Aussie answer= blank look, scratch head, wipe dribble from lips, close mouth then bring in some more rules and legislation but still give AN12 FAOC and put all the VH guys out of business hahahahaha soooo funny.

witwiw
27th Mar 2016, 02:43
"School fees .....?"

Those inane rants are at kindergarten standard.

4 Holer
27th Mar 2016, 21:13
Boring come back as usual. Public or Private school both can see AN12 with CASA FAOC is soooo funny and yr B737-300 flying round with passengers having ETOPS ( or the African version that cannot comply with FAA requirements ) hahaha nearly as funny, wait till the main gear falls out of your freighter on some remote Island . :{

"Safe Skies for all" White Africa. 5 Prime ministers in 5 years says it all:D

4 Holer
6th Apr 2016, 23:49
WitWiw, must be getting a bit nervous, may want to cut the cargo charter rate to the detention centres ?? ?? Two x 4 holer 146s domestic cargo ( with International AOC and traffic rights ), it may be in Manus shortly ?
Now Open Skies for cargo to Nauru from Australia, might see another bigger 4 holer there soon, that will wreck the party. :E

cyclone8888
7th Apr 2016, 01:07
Cool story Bro - stop flapping your gums and bring it down here already.

Put your money where your mouth is, park a plane here and we can have this "Party".

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

I was considering posting a photo of a dog chasing it's tail for comedic value, but I have WORK to do and have very little interest in this waffle until there is some metal parked on the ramp.

See you when you get here :D:D:D

ringbinder
8th Apr 2016, 10:04
Holer, your grammar is atrocious (schooling does matter) and a whinger. Sigh!! ☹

framer
8th Apr 2016, 13:08
I haven't got a dog in this fight but worse than poor grammar is when people don't know how to use bracketed speech. It's very simple, the sentence has to read normally if the bracketed part isn't there. Just read the sentence without the bracketed bit and if it doesn't make sense you've stuffed it up.
There......you're now a better person.

witwiw
9th Apr 2016, 07:56
I haven't got a dog in this fight but worse than poor grammar is when people don't know how to use bracketed speech. It's very simple, the sentence has to read normally if the bracketed part isn't there. Just read the sentence without the bracketed bit and if it doesn't make sense you've stuffed it up.
There......you're now a better person.

Then, why do parentheses exist? They are valid punctuation marks and, notwithstanding your valid assertion, it is not incorrect to use them.

Brackets (parentheses) are punctuation marks used within a sentence to include information that is not essential to the main point. Information within parentheses is usually supplementary; were it removed, the meaning of the sentence would remain unchanged.

framer
9th Apr 2016, 13:37
That's my point, ringbinders sentence doesn't make sense, it becomes
Holer, your grammar is atrocious and a whinger. Sigh!! ☹
if you remove the bracketed part. Every time you use brackets you should read the sentence without the bracketed part and it should be a complete sentence.
Make sense?

Car RAMROD
9th Apr 2016, 14:43
Brackets or not, I still agree with what ringbinder said!

So half the price to bring something from the other side of the world and then send it back just to do the same run? "Tell him he's dreaming" comes to mind. Ahh the serenity!

ringbinder
9th Apr 2016, 22:58
[QUOTE=ringbinder;9337323]Holer, your grammar is atrocious (schooling does matter) and a whinger. Sigh!! ☹[/QUOTE

Holer, your grammar is atrocious (schooling does matter) and you're a whinger. Sigh!! ☹

Parentheses for supplementary information (thank you WITWIW) and insertion of "you're". Nothing at all to do with the bracketed part but the omission of a word that rendered the sentence incorrect. 😉