PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Corporate aircraft visitors

Gulfstreamaviator
23rd Nov 2009, 20:20
I understand that my masters have decided that they will attend.

I have no idea as to the procedures, and requirements for this event.

Hoping that this thread can be the centre for crew information.

glf

opsmike
24th Nov 2009, 04:55
Hi

Firstly you will have to select an airport to operate from, most airports will have parking restrictions, so contact them to arrange parking.

Secondly all airports will be coordinated therefore you will require an arrival and departure slot for all flights.

Some airports, especially on game days, will only allow drop off and pick up so you will have to fly to an airport designated for parking, such as FAUP, FAKM, FAEL, FARB and most SAAF bases.

If you require any more info phone or pm me 082 eight five 7 659o

mike

Gulfstreamaviator
24th Nov 2009, 07:16
Is it a possible option to base the aircraft central say, Lanseria, pax then motor to the venues, or would you recomend flight from central base, and run and drop for each game.????.

I make the assumption that you are possible based in Lanseria.

glf

opsmike
24th Nov 2009, 08:50
Jip from Lanseria

Most business jets are taking the option of basing at Lanseria (68 bookings already) as most gaqmes will be taking place in Gauteng and then flying to games and back in other cities, this off course depends on your accomodation, i understand there is not much left in Gauteng

CJ750
24th Nov 2009, 15:04
Opsmike

Also based at FALA. Where did you find out all this info. Our bosses have woken up and have had charter requests over that period so need to get up to speed with the requirements. Would love to know where they are going to park all the aircraft at FALA even if everyone uses it as a drop and go. What with the airlines getting preferential treatment with regards to parking and all you need is another big plane on the apron and bos your aunty. GA is screwed.

Thanks in advance:8

opsmike
25th Nov 2009, 01:25
Hi

I am part of the aviation sub sector task team of the Dept of Transport, this is the team well represented by all forms of aviation that is doing the planning. As for FALA, we have terminal building constraints and therfore cannot handle more than 700 passengers per hour, thats basically 5 B737 type aircraft, that leaves 20 bays for GA. The main apron will be used for drop and go operations and "long" term parking will be accomodated on runway 06R/24L and taxiway "C". Give me a call if you require further information, will be happy to help

Mike

Goldfish Jack
25th Nov 2009, 19:33
As to the ATS flow restrictions and needs for slots - a lot of these have been taken already - suggest you as a matter or urgency send your flt details to [email protected] or check the web-site ATNS (http://www.atns.co.za) and if you leave it to tomorrow it is going to be to late. DO IT NOW whilst there are slots avail and also slots avail for changes.

CJ750 GA is not screwed - if you do your planning now. Your bosses are going to have to be told in no uncertain terms to do their planning now and you are also going to have to express on them the need to stick to their plans.

Remember PROPER PRE-PLANNING PREVENTS PISS POOR PERFORMANCE and get in now before it is too late - dont do the standard South African thing - leave it to the last minute of the last day.

Gulfstreamaviator : seriously good FBO at FALA - EXECUJET - contact them for local details - they also got a branch @ FACT and handle a/c around most of SA. Check their website for contact details. Signature Flight Support, based at FACT can also help you there, check their website as well for details. Use these 2 FBOs and you wont go wrong.